Biggest Priority...

puck7x

Originally posted by KoZed

Dealing Brisebois and stabilizing the top 6 D-men unit is the real priority #1.

Oh yeah , forgot about that one... (I was thinking about "testing" the poll option more then I was about the choices)

Alright... Whats the biggest priority of the 3 that I did list?

:D

Didn't Perreault have like 19 goals after 40 games this year?

He immediately strated to blow after that little hip injury or something...If he had stayed healthy all year long would he of poped 30 goals?

Plus Savard got him to score more or less 25 goals a year, if he's not satisfied with him it means he thought he was a different player?

Or maybe Savard just took Perreault because we were really screwed talent-wise and now we have more ''depth''?

The real answer is we're freeing up space at center for a certain Mario:-^

I can't understand why someone would like to trade Perreault.

GIVE ME ONE REASON!

And please, don't say that Ribs needs to be on the second line in order to develop...

GIVE ME ONE REASON!

He is small, he is weak, he is slow, he floats, he doenst try, he sucks defensively, he relies on his wingers way to much, he plays like a winger with no speed or grit, he has no playmaking abilities, he costs 3M, he plays on the 4th line, he doenst have leadership qualities that goes with being a veteran, hes one year away from being a UFA.

New user here, hello...

I was over at the espn message board, and was happy to see this board has been set up. Nice to have a good habs message board. I look forward to getting habs news here in the future. I will mostly be a lurker (as I was on the espn board.)

But I don't know if trading Perreault/Ribeiro is exactly how to do that. I don't have much for suggestions but I like both those guys. Maybe Perreault is a bit too streaky, but when he produces I find it comes in bunches.

Is anyone interested in Turgeon? Since he cleared waivers is he still available? He did have 42 points in 65 games last year. I guess he's a little expensive at over 4 mil a year. Just a thought.

Welcome to the forum 12Trads... Glad to see that we've converted another user.

As for Turgeon... I'm not very interested in him. I would of liked to keep him in the first place instead of trading him for Corson , but I dont want him back at his age/salary , plus we have too many bodies as it is.

Is anyone interested in Turgeon? Since he cleared waivers is he still available? He did have 42 points in 65 games last year. I guess he's a little expensive at over 4 mil a year. Just a thought.

First off Turgeon makes 6M/year, for 3 more years.

Talk about an untradeable contract... hehe

Another Gainey contract as well btw, and just like Audette here the team is simply stuck with a player it doesn't want but can't trade or afford to buy out.

Gainey's over-spending makes AS look like a penny pincher... hehe, now that's scary.

Anyway... even if he did makes only 4M, he's still another soft, old, expensive, past his prime, defensive liability, extra body taking a youngsters place.

No thank you. :nono:

[Edited on 23-5-03 by Habs77]

Anyway... even if he did makes only 4M, he's still another soft, old, expenisve, past his prime, defensive liability, extra body taking a youngsters place.  

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice Freudian slip.

Habs77, what's on your mind???? :P

I don't think we are talking about the same Perreault...

I don't care if he's small.

He scores.

Two years with the Habs and over 100 points. There's no reason to trade away him!

Only Zednik and Koivu had more points. And they played on the first line.

We loved Bulis. And still Perreault had 8 more goals. Plus we get the best guy at face-offs in the whole NHL.

I just don't get it...

Originally posted by KoZed

Nice Freudian slip.

Habs77, what's on your mind???? :P

I don't know what you are talking about... "expensive" was written correctly. (do not pay any attention to that message that says my post was edited, I don't know what that's about... :) )

And for the record, I had just seen the latest Matrix movie and my mind was squarely on Monica Belluci:

monica_bellucci_007ba.jpg

:-^

[Edited on 24-5-03 by Habs77]

And as for an answer to the question "Biggest priority"... there is only one answer:

Finding a way to dump Breezer.

It's more than just having to dump him because of his on-ice play... but more about shedding the negative vibe that comes with him in the locker-room and in the Bell Center.

There is nothing more important, although many other things need to happen to ensure the team will be successful next year.

[Edited on 23-5-03 by Habs77]

The way NJ has been playing every D man they have except Tverdovsky lately I wouldn't be surprised to see the negotiations for Breezer to resume once the playoffs are over.

At this point you have to wonder if we really want to make that trade... I still would but if we could dump Breezer without getting another big contract in return (Tverdovsky makes 3.6M) that would be even better.

P.S. Take a look at page 1 of this thread again, just a friendly suggestion. ;)