Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Panthers | 12/29/06

Spider-Man NL

img15.gif
newyear1.gif

nosieymontreal.gifvrssign.gifpanthers.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

nosieymontrealRESIZED.gif22-9-5 : 49 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

panthers1.gif14-19-7 : 35 Points (14th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (15-4-3), 2.30 GAA, .932 Save%

Florida

0628.gif# 20 Ed Belfour (8-8-3), 2.71 GAA, .900 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Panthers Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Latendresse - Streit - Downey

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg
Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 16th, 2006:nosieymontrealRESIZED.gif1 panthers1.gif5

Nov. 28th, 2006:panthers1.gif0 nosieymontrealRESIZED.gif1 (SO)

KoivuFlafull.jpg

KostitsynFLAfull.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM

3horns.gif

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They scare me more than Tampa.. their scoring is lower granted, but their D, goaltending,overall depth and effort is lot,lot better than the other floridan team.

And I still havent forgotten that 5-1 asskicing they gave us earlier...

Edited by Jean

as long as we dont have to rely on our 4th line once again.

whats wrong with koivu ?? he showed no interest yesterday. seemed pissed when he scored.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT GOOO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

I was soo excited that I almost forgot to say: A very sexy thread like always Spider-Man NL :D

Edited by blaze53

Prediction time... 4-3 habs; Our scorers on the first and second line better wake up. We need early pressure and big time D. This should be a good test for us. Those teams from the south always give us trouble.

GO HABS GO!

I'm gonna keep my hopes high for Koivu to hit another two goal game; Would be nice to set a new record.

Go KOIVU GO!

We should have Aebischer in net against the Panthers Friday and keep Huet for Tampa Bay Saturday. I believe you should always keep the superior goalie for the 2nd game of back to back games.

I was thinking about this and I disagree Huet may play tonight and the Habs could dominate early and Huet could have an easy night allowing him to play both games. Also the Bolts are really hungry to pound Huet because he stoned the daylights out of them last game.

A very sexy thread

:blink:

We should have Aebischer in net against the Panthers Friday and keep Huet for Tampa Bay Saturday. I believe you should always keep the superior goalie for the 2nd game of back to back games.

Maybe, yes.

Still remember the last time he met these Panthers. Aebischer sure has a score to settle..

The luxury of having two good goaltenders, it's a good problem to have.

Go :hlogo: go!

Edited by mathieu30

whats wrong with koivu ?? he showed no interest yesterday. seemed pissed when he scored.

I believe he was just demonstrating excellent sportsmanship. At that point, his goal had put the Habs ahead 3-0, and there was no need to celebrate excessively, and run the risk of letting the game turn into something else... especially since it had the the previous evening with the Sabres and the Caps.

Koivu knows best :D

We MUST score tonight! Lots and lots of goals! I expect Higgins to shine tonight, and some Souray bombs to find their way home.

GO HABS GO!

I believe he was just demonstrating excellent sportsmanship. At that point, his goal had put the Habs ahead 3-0, and there was no need to celebrate excessively, and run the risk of letting the game turn into something else... especially since it had the the previous evening with the Sabres and the Caps.

Koivu knows best :D

We MUST score tonight! Lots and lots of goals! I expect Higgins to shine tonight, and some Souray bombs to find their way home.

GO HABS GO!

I agree completely lazy26. Sometimes the "over cheering" just gets the other team riled up and it's not a good idea.

I do wish the first line would be a bit more dominant though... I really want a big game from Higgins, not that he's been bad or anything, but I'd like it if they really lit it up. I guess I'm just used to disappointment from the second line, so I'm not expecting a lot in the way of points from them...

Koivu/Higgins are going to score big tonight I think... Higgins is due! lol

:ghg:

You know we have high expectations for the guy when his 3 goals since getting back are still not enough and we say he's "due"... lol, but I totally agree. I want, and expect, the same thing

And I still havent forgotten that 5-1 asskicing they gave us earlier...

4 of those goals were had when Aebischer was in self destruction mode, all they have is Belfour who seems to show up against us. They are better than Tampa though for sure.

I wouldn't put Aebischer in tonight, give him tampa but not florida.

4 of those goals were had when Aebischer was in self destruction mode, all they have is Belfour who seems to show up against us. They are better than Tampa though for sure.

I wouldn't put Aebischer in tonight, give him tampa but not florida.

Huet will go tonight!