Game Thread | Habs vs. Bolts | 12/30/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah same over here, no online streams and NASN has NFL :(

CJAD for me, CKAC i cant understand. But anyway, im off to bed!!

I'd give a lot of money to be able to watch Habs game through any media (TV or Internet).

Good night ;)

He isn't. We're playing Murray as we did last game.

Aren't you overreacting? You make it sound like we're desperate. It's been one bad period out of a great start to the season.

Shots are disgusting so far. :puke:

I could have sworn I heard him mention downey's name, not that murray should be playing either.

Desperate? How about falling apart mid season! Does that sound familiar to you? I know I love watching montreal dominate for the first half a season and then dying and scrambling to get the 8th spot. Yeah good times.

We cannot force Huet to do this every game, we havn't changed a damn bit this year as we just sit back and let them fire away. 23-3 is pathetic, and instead of being dumb and not doing anything about it we should make good changes to fix our problems.

I guess it will take a nice 7 game losing streak or something for you to admit changes are needed. :rolleyes:

Rivet is starting to make Robert Dirk look like Scott Stevens.

Oh! Oh! I've got a good one! Rivet is beginning to make Derian Hatcher look like Yvan Cournoyer!

....... :huh::unsure:

To be fair though, the entire team looks like crap tonight.

It looks like the "Asterix" strip cartoon :

"toute l'équipe joue mal ... toute l'équipe ? non ! car un coin de France résiste encore à l'envahisseur de Floride !" :lol:

I could have sworn I heard him mention downey's name, not that murray should be playing either.

Desperate? How about falling apart mid season! Does that sound familiar to you? I know I love watching montreal dominate for the first half a season and then dying and scrambling to get the 8th spot. Yeah good times.

We cannot force Huet to do this every game, we havn't changed a damn bit this year as we just sit back and let them fire away. 23-3 is pathetic, and instead of being dumb and not doing anything about it we should make good changes to fix our problems.

I guess it will take a nice 7 game losing streak or something for you to admit changes are needed. :rolleyes:

That is exactly what it will take. When the team is doing perfectly fine, there i sno need to make a change. When/if we start losing game after game, it will become obvious that changes are needed. Right now, we are doing just fine. We're having a bad period, oh well. The score is still only 1-0 and our chances of winning this game are still perfectly alive. And if we lose? The first time all season we lose 2 in a row. It's still not the time to panic.

That is exactly what it will take. When the team is doing perfectly fine, there i sno need to make a change. When/if we start losing game after game, it will become obvious that changes are needed. Right now, we are doing just fine. We're having a bad period, oh well. The score is still only 1-0 and our chances of winning this game are still perfectly alive. And if we lose? The first time all season we lose 2 in a row. It's still not the time to panic.

I think we've lost 2 in a row once before...

But anyway, I think a shakeup might be needed, even if we're doing alright... DId I hear anyone mention Lapierre? :D

Thats a brilliant way to look at things, reactive thinking instead of proactive. Trading when we are losing and looking like crap really puts you in a strong position to bargain from!

We are playing better than average, we know what our problems are, we should make changes to address the problems before they turn into losing streaks. When you are losing to last place teams and being dominated by them things are "perfectly fine"

I think we've lost 2 in a row once before...

But anyway, I think a shakeup might be needed, even if we're doing alright... DId I hear anyone mention Lapierre? :D

Depends how you're counting. As far as I can remember, the closest we've gotten was an OT loss followed by a regulation loss. (The OT loss being in NJ, I can't remember the other game).

Thats a brilliant way to look at things, reactive thinking instead of proactive. Trading when we are losing and looking like crap really puts you in a strong position to bargain from!

We are playing better than average, we know what our problems are, we should make changes to address the problems before they turn into losing streaks. When you are losing to last place teams and being dominated by them things are "perfectly fine"

If we were constantly "losing to last place teams and being dominated by them" then I would be worried. But if that were true, we wouldn't be at the top of the standings.

I'm sure if Gainey finds a way to bring in a top center for the right price he will pull the trigger. But whta I'm saying is that there's no rush since the team is winning games (again, in general).

Depends how you're counting. As far as I can remember, the closest we've gotten was an OT loss followed by a regulation loss. (The OT loss being in NJ, I can't remember the other game).

Yes, i was counting losses, not regulation losses.... I assumed that was what you meant, since it isn't determined what kind of loss this game will result in, if it is a loss at all.

And now it's time for lazy26's bold prediction:

3 unanswered goals for the Habs in the 2nd.

I certainly didn't use up any luck on the Super 7 last night, let's hope it goes to work here :D

SCORES!!!

PEREZHOGIN!!!

and it begins! SWEET!

If we were constantly "losing to last place teams and being dominated by them" then I would be worried. But if that were true, we wouldn't be at the top of the standings.

I'm sure if Gainey finds a way to bring in a top center for the right price he will pull the trigger. But whta I'm saying is that there's no rush since the team is winning games (again, in general).

It's not even a trade that might be required but even a line change. Has that happened? NO

Our regular strength scoring problems aren't new, we have been having these problems for ages and nothing has changed. But hey once we wear Huet out we can sit back and watch our lovely fall from the top of the standings. By then all our players will be looking terrible and we will have to give up half a line for one player.

Brilliant! :rolleyes:

It's not even a trade that might be required but even a line change. Has that happened? NO

Our regular strength scoring problems aren't new, we have been having these problems for ages and nothing has changed. But hey once we wear Huet out we can sit back and watch our lovely fall from the top of the standings. By then all our players will be looking terrible and we will have to give up half a line for one player.

Brilliant! :rolleyes:

That COULD happen, of course but you're expecting the absolute worst.

What do you propose Gainey/Carbo should do then, anyway? What line change, what trade? (out of curiosity)

Samsonov - Bonk - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Pleckanec - Johnson

Those are what Carbo's been rolling, and that's the line Perezhogin scored on.

Samsonov - Bonk - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Pleckanec - Johnson

Those are what Carbo's been rolling, and that's the line Perezhogin scored on.

Perezhogin & Plekanec had great chemistry in the playoffs last year and Johnson is Zednik's replacement/upgrade this season so we'll see how that works. I'm excited to see how Bonk does in an offensive role and how Kovalev and Samsonov do with a new center.