Game Thread | Habs vs. Bolts | 12/30/06

Spider-Man NL

That COULD happen, of course but you're expecting the absolute worst.

What do you propose Gainey/Carbo should do then, anyway? What line change, what trade? (out of curiosity)

I am not going to suggest trades as I am not a scout nor am I Gainey. But one change would be separating Kovalev and Samsonov. Swap Ryder and Kovalev, Koivu and Kovy belong together not just on powerplays. Bring back Lapierre, send Murray or Downey down.

There are a pile of line changes they could try but they don't. I don't enjoy watching uninspired heartless hockey and i don't want a long winless drought in order for us to be shocked into change.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BING!!! goes Fedotenko

I am not going to suggest trades as I am not a scout nor am I Gainey. But one change would be separating Kovalev and Samsonov. Swap Ryder and Kovalev, Koivu and Kovy belong together not just on powerplays. Bring back Lapierre, send Murray or Downey down.

There are a pile of line changes they could try but they don't. I don't enjoy watching uninspired heartless hockey and i don't want a long winless drought in order for us to be shocked into change.

If you're not gonna suggest trades, why suggest making a trade to improve the team?

BING!!! goes Fedotenko

If you're not gonna suggest trades, why suggest making a trade to improve the team?

Because we have decent players who we could deal and easily fill their position.

Samsonov

Murray

Downey

Aebischer

Niinima

Those are the players I would package, for who I don't know, a center, maybe a winger. It is pointless to start naming names in a huge league of options.

It is pointless to start naming names in a huge league of options.

There is no "huge league of options" anymore. With the salary cap, trading is harder than ever. All you'll get is basically the same you'll give.

What you're talking about is basically what BTH said: trading for the sake of trading. That is pointless.

There is no "huge league of options" anymore. With the salary cap, trading is harder than ever. All you'll get is basically the same you'll give.

What you're talking about is basically what BTH said: trading for the sake of trading. That is pointless.

*high fives KoZed... oh and you two, RobRock*

atleast, I'm not alone...

Murray wins a fight

Actually I suggested line changes above all. And as long as you line up salarys you can even out the value with picks. And as long as you are improving your team and fixing problems it isn't pointless.

And hey we are down once again and being dominated once again, yippee :D

Because we have decent players who we could deal and easily fill their position.

Samsonov

Murray

Downey

Aebischer

Niinima

Those are the players I would package, for who I don't know, a center, maybe a winger. It is pointless to start naming names in a huge league of options.

Samsonov is over-priced for his production, Niinimaa isn't playing at all, and Murray and Downey are getting spot duty. Aebischer is probably the most tradeable asset, but he's not going to get a second line center or a top-four blueliner alone. If you're willing to deal Murray, Downey and Niinimaa for picks, that's fine, but as I said before, there's not many trading partners out there yet.

If you don't wanna name names, I'll go out on a limb with a couple. Supposedly Eric Brewer in St. Louis and Derek Morris in Phoenix are both being shopped around. Brewer has been hurt a fair bit, but he's still got a lot of hockey left in him, and could be gotten for a prospect, maybe even Aebischer and a prospect like Corey Locke.

I didn't last watch last night's 1-3 loss.

Habs are 0-4-1 for games which i didn't watch.

I *AM* watching tonight's game. That means statistically Habs will win and score 10000 goals. Yup. That's right.

Anyone know if Claw is already in front of his TV?

Edited by mathieu30

Actually I suggested line changes above all. And as long as you line up salarys you can even out the value with picks. And as long as you are improving your team and fixing problems it isn't pointless.

And hey we are down once again and being dominated once again, yippee :D

Well the linechange has been made. Bonk has been swapped with Plekanec. Not one of the changes you suggested, but Carbo is trying to shake things up.