Game Thread | Habs vs. Bolts | 12/30/06

Spider-Man NL

Samsonov is over-priced for his production, Niinimaa isn't playing at all, and Murray and Downey are getting spot duty. Aebischer is probably the most tradeable asset, but he's not going to get a second line center or a top-four blueliner alone. If you're willing to deal Murray, Downey and Niinimaa for picks, that's fine, but as I said before, there's not many trading partners out there yet.

If you don't wanna name names, I'll go out on a limb with a couple. Supposedly Eric Brewer in St. Louis and Derek Morris in Phoenix are both being shopped around. Brewer has been hurt a fair bit, but he's still got a lot of hockey left in him, and could be gotten for a prospect, maybe even Aebischer and a prospect like Corey Locke.

Don't tell me Gainey couldn't swing a deal, he traded Theodore for 5 mill. These guys aren't all stars but they have nhl experience and maybe could fit in better on another team.

Aebischer could be a starter goalie for a desperate team and Samsonov is fairly young and can be a decent goal scorer. The others aren't that valuable but hey you package Aebischer, Samsonov and one of the others I think we could get a decent center and maybeshock the rest of the guys out of complacency.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy Taylor, you go to your room and you think about what you've done, young man. And don't come back out until you realize why what you did is wrong.

Or until the Habs score, whichever.

Edited by RobRock

Nice going Kovy...

kozed your missing names on your voodoo thing....

habs are really not playing as they should...carbo must be really regretting sending down Lapierre...at least there was more energy and conviction...this team seems to be sleeping it off

disgusts me

that said....go habs go