Game Thread | Habs vs. Bolts | 12/30/06

Spider-Man NL

Will this be the first two game regulation losing streak of the season? (Yeah, me of little faith. The way we're playing, I'll be suprised if we don't get relegated to the AHL somehow)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Huet is sick of this effort and wants to take defence into his own hands!

If this asinine comment means I enjoy watching a team that actually gives a damn and tries every night than yes.

To bad that team is rarely Montreal.

Then apparently you haven't watched too many games. Though this is by far their worst game of the season, there have been few games that they've lost that they haven't put out an honest effort. And seeing that every post you've made tonight has either been to bitch about a trade or bitch about their play, I've seen nothing positive from you tonight.

Higgins - Bonk - Kovalev now...

Carbo trying things... I got an idea for him: no going back to the hotel after the game, rather jump on the plane, fly back to Montreal and tomorrow its a mandatory 2 hours of skating drills with no puck.

Then apparently you haven't watched too many games. Though this is by far their worst game of the season, there have been few games that they've lost that they haven't put out an honest effort. And seeing that every post you've made tonight has either been to bitch about a trade or bitch about their play, I've seen nothing positive from you tonight.

Just because they win doesn't mean a damn thing, they don't put in the effort to be an elite team, they are lazy and heartless. They sit back and let Huet carry the team like so many other times. Most of the time we win by 1 goal against teams we should be blowing out of the water.

You've seen nothing positive from me tonight? Thats funny I have seen almost nothing positive from the habs tonight. Hey sit back and say everything is perfect when we lose to bad teams, I wont complain but don't bitch about me voicing my opinion. If you don't like it get off forums!

Higgins - Bonk - Kovalev now...

Carbo trying things... I got an idea for him: no going back to the hotel after the game, rather jump on the plane, fly back to Montreal and tomorrow its a mandatory 2 hours of skating drills with no puck.

Good idea, but Huet should get the day off, he played twice tonight, from the looks of it anyway. :)

Looks like Perezhogin took one to the schnoz

Just because they win doesn't mean a damn thing, they don't put in the effort to be an elite team, they are lazy and heartless. They sit back and let Huet carry the team like so many other times. Most of the time we win by 1 goal against teams we should be blowing out of the water.

You've seen nothing positive from me tonight? Thats funny I have seen almost nothing positive from the habs tonight. Hey sit back and say everything is perfect when we lose to bad teams, I wont complain but don't bitch about me voicing my opinion. If you don't like it get off forums!

Their five-on-five play needs to produce more, they rely too much on special teams to win games and they have no second line contibuting to the offence. They allow way too many shots against on a regular basis. If not for the improved penalty killing unit, they'd be right where they were last season. Nothing is perfect in Montreal, nor anywhere else for that matter.

Edited by RobRock

Good idea, but Huet should get the day off, he played twice tonight, from the looks of it anyway. :)

Yeah, Huet gets to sit in the luxury box with a nice bottle of wine and a mic connected to the PA sound system so he can shout "Skaite you lazy lazy boms! Skaite skaite! Lift zhose fheucking skaites!"

Yoyo otoshi yo!

Dommage que nos Canadiens ne nous donnent rien pour le nouvel an, sauf des cauchemars.

Going to a temple tomorrow JLP?

t'a raison c'est d'la merde c'soir. Ima Tokyo janakutte Osaka ni irun'da, ashita Tokyo ni kaeru, jingu mada wakaranai, don't much care for the shogatsu crush of 3 million at Meiji hehehe

IMO, we've got a fair share of leadership and heart on this team.

We are not as good as our record or position - but that sounds like it will soon change.

23 shots in one period is not a sign of a good team, in any way shape or form.

Marble just is pointing things out, waking us up, rattling cages. We've just lost two games in a row to mediocre teams, and sounds like we are getting utterly thrashed tonight. We are a very poor offensive team, and our defense has been 100% relying on the goalie. Without success on the PP, we lose.

If there is going to be a trade - maybe not a bad idea - we're going to have to give up something pretty good to get anything back. Also, maybe it is time to give longer looks to some younger players in Hamilton at the expense of some of our current squad.

But I have a feeling that when Bob decides to come back, we'll see a different team. His influence can't be underestimated. And of course we are fans and want everything now. Gainey was a patient player, patient coach and is a patient GM.