Game Thread | Habs vs. Bolts | 12/30/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not as good as our record or position - but that sounds like it will soon change.

23 shots in one period is not a sign of a good team, in any way shape or form.

Marble just is pointing things out, waking us up, rattling cages. We've just lost two games in a row to mediocre teams, and sounds like we are getting utterly thrashed tonight. We are a very poor offensive team, and our defense has been 100% relying on the goalie. Without success on the PP, we lose.

If there is going to be a trade - maybe not a bad idea - we're going to have to give up something pretty good to get anything back. Also, maybe it is time to give longer looks to some younger players in Hamilton at the expense of some of our current squad.

But I have a feeling that when Bob decides to come back, we'll see a different team. His influence can't be underestimated. And of course we are fans and want everything now. Gainey was a patient player, patient coach and is a patient GM.

We can't call any farmers up without first dumping a body. In a salary cap system it is hard to dump a player on any team. Especially the type of player that you'd like to dump off your team. When Gainey is allowed the opportunity to trade away Murray/Downey and call up Lapierre he will jump on it.

I think the main problem our team suffers from is playing well against good teams and poorly against worse teams. It seems that when we play a fast, energetic team, we play a fast and great game. But when we a play a dull, weak team, we get uninterested and play dull, weak hockey. This is an internal problem though.

Also, the fact that we're so great on special teams and rely on great goaltending isn't all bad. Come playoff time, those will be two of the most important ingredients to a winning team. The others are having clutch players (which we have), players who care (which we have) and secondary scoring, guys from bottom lines that can score once in a while (which we have).

We'll be a tough opponent in April.

We can't call any farmers up without first dumping a body. In a salary cap system it is hard to dump a player on any team. Especially the type of player that you'd like to dump off your team. When Gainey is allowed the opportunity to trade away Murray/Downey and call up Lapierre he will jump on it.

I think the main problem our team suffers from is playing well against good teams and poorly against worse teams. It seems that when we play a fast, energetic team, we play a fast and great game. But when we a play a dull, weak team, we get uninterested and play dull, weak hockey. This is an internal problem though.

Also, the fact that we're so great on special teams and rely on great goaltending isn't all bad. Come playoff time, those will be two of the most important ingredients to a winning team. The others are having clutch players (which we have), players who care (which we have) and secondary scoring, guys from bottom lines that can score once in a while (which we have).

We'll be a tough opponent in April.

That's funny, 'cause I thought that the main problem was the lack of secondary scoring, specifically Plekanec-Kovalev-Samsonov.

The amount of blocked shots is so frustrating, it's laughable. Even the RDS guys pointed it out. I counted at least 6 on one shift. Useless, low percentage wrist shots just don't get it done. Yet they keep doing it. No effort at all tonight.

That's funny, 'cause I thought that the main problem was the lack of secondary scoring, specifically Plekanec-Kovalev-Samsonov.

That's not secondary scoring. Samsonov and Kovalev are supposed to be two of our to pscoring threats. The Secondary scorers have got to be guys like Latendresse, Johnson, Perezhogin and Bonk who'll score occasional goals from bottom lines. When your key players aren't producing, well that's a whole new problem.

Wow! I cannot believe the giveaways for the Habs were only 7. It looked like they turned the puck over every time they made a pass.

From what I saw, the 38 faceoffs that Tampa won were all key faceoffs and we lost the puck as soon as we won our 29 faceoffs. Nobody could give or recieve a pass. We lost nearly every battle along the boards.

People were trying to do everything themselves. Our PP and PK have not looked good in a while either. I sure hope everyone just has the flu or something and they willl get back to basics and start skating on Tuesday.

What is it about playing teams down south. I cannot take losing to these teams that don't have any right to be playing this game;

In Montreal losing one is terrible; and awful; Losing two game is down right crap and cannot be taken lightly; its time we shake up things at least in a small way. Call up Laps and give our kids a chance for more ice time in the bigs; Lets look for that Center that we need so badly we may just find him internally with our group;

At a minimum; deny anymore turkey dinners! why is it that when ever we take a break be it christmas, new years eve; the olympics or the all star game; the habs seem to doze off into lala land and forget how to play the game with the intensity that brought them to the top.

We are certainly gunning in the right part of the standings all I'm saying is lets not sleep this off and hope that the ship will right itself; this is a matter that cannot be ignored;

When a team challenges us and scores a goal we should respond; with energy to take the momentum back; We cannot hope and pray that they just give us a handout of goals; we need that sure game breaker that scorer who can make it happen when the Chips are down!

Thats it I"m done.. good night..

Go Habs GO!

Well tonight was the Canadiens worst game of the season on so many levels.

1. All Forwards were terrible exempting Perezhogin, Latendresse and Streit.

2. The Habs penalty kill was just terrible.

3. Huet although playing well let in two ultra soft goals, the second he was screened but went down way to early.

Anyone calling for a trade of players such as Murray, Downey and Niinimaa must be aware they will not gain a roster player for the Habs but rather tier 2 prospects or low round draft choices. Aebischer will not be traded because he is a great insurance policy.

Gainey has been back at work for over a week now he has just stayed out of the media and they have respected him.

As for the line changes I believe something will change in the next few games.

Lapierre must be recalled he really made the 4th line energizing and a reliable scoring threat.

This game was totally upsetting. Although the score was close, we got seriously outplayed because of our own sloppy play. I hope they come out hard next game because we can't have games this sloppy if we want to go anywhere in the future...

I can't beleive anyone would commenrt on goaltending. The shots were 43 to 13. That is pathetic, i think any team in my league can get that many shots.

3 out of the last 4 have been very poor efforts, no emotion, grit or hustle. This looks exactly like the Habs the last 10 years. I'm carbo can light a fire under them and start calling out more players and cutting ice time to those who don't produce. he always benches samsov when Kovalev puills the same stuff night after night plus takes stupid penalties. When your 4th line is your best line the last 2 games you have problems.

The first line has been awfull since higgins returned. Minus in the last 4 games i beleive.

I've stated it before, the losses don't bother me as much as poor effort and not playing hard and physical.

Tonights game was a disgrace to the uniform.

I agree with the notion that our forwards were bad pretty much from top to bottom....just a couple of exceptions there. D-men were chasing after cycling Tampa players and unable to clear the puck all too often. Just a pitiful effort by the Habs...Carbo must have wanted to puke.

Pathetic. 13 shots on goal. Not going to win too many games with that kind of effort. This should renew talk of getting rid of Kovalev or Samsonov, and I'd almost agree thats its time for a change. These guys are pathetic.

Pathetic. 13 shots on goal. Not going to win too many games with that kind of effort. This should renew talk of getting rid of Kovalev or Samsonov, and I'd almost agree thats its time for a change. These guys are pathetic.

Ryder needs to go too. Also Murray

Oh and Rivet too please.

I am almost happy that the team lost. Not that i wish them to lose games but when it's only half season and the bandwagon is already full it is funny to watch it from with an outside point of view and hear the bulls*** in the media, that how good they are and keep them like they are we love them and blablabla....