Lets take a look at 2 of our top 3 lines..

Aebischer4life

Perezhogin: 0 goals in last 10 gp

Bonk: 1 goal in last 17 gp

Johnson: 2 goals in last 21 gp

Samsonov: 2 goals in last 27 games (both goals in one game)

Kovalev: 2 goals in last 15 games

Plekanec: 1 goal in last 19 games

A round of applause! :clap:

quite troubling if you ask me...good thing we are winning most the time...or else this would be a much bigger problem at the moment

The reason for this is becase players like Bonk, Johnson, Perezhogin and Plekanec do not want to drive their sallarys up. :D

As for Kovalev and Samsonov they have everyone scratching their head.

Perezhogin: 0 goals in last 10 gp

Bonk: 1 goal in last 17 gp

Johnson: 2 goals in last 21 gp

Samsonov: 2 goals in last 27 games (both goals in one game)

Kovalev: 2 goals in last 15 games

Plekanec: 1 goal in last 19 games

A round of applause! :clap:

Give the first 3 a break. They've been working hard and shutting down the other teams. We want those guys to pay well defensively and their +/-s show that they are. As for Kovaev and Samsonov, I think they'v been doing better lately, just aren't able to put it together. And Plekanec is working hard but he's caught between two slumping players...

The good news is that these guys are almost all special teams players and they've contributed to our #1 PP and our (last I checked) #2 PK unit.

Ryder Koivu Kovalev

Higgins Plekanec Samsonov

That might be a solution as Higgins and Plekanec usually play great together

But you've got Samsonov and Ryder playing on the wrong wings. Could cause them trouble.

Maybe swap their positions?

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev

Higgins-Plekanec-Ryder

?

1. Latendresse Koivu Ryder

2. Sammy Higgins Kovy

3. Status Quo

4. Murray Plekanec Striet

Until Begin gets back.

What I would really like to see is this.

Murray -GONE

Lapierre up

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev

Samsonov Higgins Ryder

Johnson Bonk Latendresse

Begin PLekanec Lapierre

And if it does not work get Streit back playing forward.

Edited by JMMR

Latendresse - Koivu - Kovalev

Samsonov - Bonk - Ryder

Higgins - Plekanec - Johnson

Perezhogin - Begin - Streit

Or, you could swap Bonk/Plekanec. I know it looks absolutely crazy, but I have a feeling if the losses keep coming, anything is possible. Carbo really hasn't had an excuse to experiment too much this year with all the success, so we'll see how things pan out.

Samsonov - Bonk - Ryder

Higgins - Plekanec - Johnson

Perezhogin - Begin - Streit

Or, you could swap Bonk/Plekanec. I know it looks absolutely crazy, but I have a feeling if the losses keep coming, anything is possible. Carbo really hasn't had an excuse to experiment too much this year with all the success, so we'll see how things pan out.

I like the way you are thinking. I would tweak it just a little bit:

Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson

Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder

Perezhogin - Lapierre - Begin

At the very least I would like to see Ryder and Kovalev switch lines.

The simplest solution is to do what most people wanted to try when Higgins was injured - Higgins as #2 center between Samsonov and Kovalev. Promote Latendresse to the first line again. I think it'll be the first thing Carbo tries.

what you have there is actually this:

Cause the way Bonk and Johnson play and how they are used to shut down ...they cant be the second line

Which means Samsonov is out of place!

If i would try one thing is to replace Ryder with Samsonov and (What I really want is trade Ryder but thats another story)

So In my opinion:

Higgins - Plekanec - Samsonov (or better) Samsonov - Plekanec - Higgins

Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson

Begin - Lapierre - Ryder (Streit and Downey)

Lats doesn't belong on the first line when you have talent like Samsonov. Bonk and Johnson are doing fine on the third line, they shouldn't be getting the time the second line merits.

Samsonov - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Lapierre - Ryder

Latendresse - Bonk - Johnson

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Begin

This puts perezhogin back on a line that has decent speed and Lapierre gets the ice time he needs to really develop and get some major points. Lats is big and his speed is similar to that of Bonk and Johnson. Koivu and Kovalev are magic together, why they are only together on the pp is beyond me.

What would be really nice is if the Canadiens stopped trying to line match and let other teams try to shut them down. All of the Canadiens lines can create offence why not let them try it for a few games.

The Canadiens have now lost three of four games and should they have a bad weekend which is possibly because the Rangers and Devils are both above average teams and each have a game breaker. (Jagr and Brodeur). Also afternoon games are always a toss up.

Yes lets look at those lines:

Line 1: minus 20 combined. Totally pathetic, Basically this means in half the Habs games they are a minus for the night. However you don't here anyone bashing them. I wonder why?

Line 2: Minus 1. Well they don't score much but atleat they are a draw on most nights.

Line 3: Absolutely the best line this team has, somewhere around a plus 20.

Line 4: Other then the first 10 games or so have been doing there job.

Give the first 3 a break. They've been working hard and shutting down the other teams. We want those guys to pay well defensively and their +/-s show that they are. As for Kovaev and Samsonov, I think they'v been doing better lately, just aren't able to put it together. And Plekanec is working hard but he's caught between two slumping players...

The good news is that these guys are almost all special teams players and they've contributed to our #1 PP and our (last I checked) #2 PK unit.

you got it, bth...

the role of the 3rd line hasn't been to put up points, it's been to shut down the opposition's big point getters. as to the second line, there have been good signs recently...

i only hope that the whole thing can all come together at the beginning of april and stay that way until the end of may.

GO :hlogo: GO!

you know what's amazing? carbonneau seems to still have the general approval of the french media... i wonder how long that'll stay like that?

i trust that he will make changes but not in a drastic/panic way.

GO :hlogo: GO!

What ever the change is, the fact is we need a shake up.

We scored 5 goals in our win but only 1 goal in each of our 3 losses. Guy has lots of options and I hope we see him start to use them.

Me too... I hope he makes some changes to the lines, or calls Lapierre up, or both. I'm actually a bit sick of the status quo... It could just be a regular slump and the same players could be doing fine in a few games, but I don't think they'll snap out of it without some line changes. Variety is the spice of life, afterall...

you know what's amazing? carbonneau seems to still have the general approval of the french media... i wonder how long that'll stay like that?

he has the approval of the english media as well.

what bothers is that he seems to be unwilling to make line changes. in the last 10 games, we have seen the canadiens unable to score more then a goal( execpt of few times)

isn't it time for a guy like ryder to see 4th line duty ??

why not move bonk or jonhson as second line centers ?? by playing bonk on the 2nd line..both russians wouldn't have excuses on how bad their center is. bonk used to be a second line center, he can do it.

latendresse as been a consistent scoring threat while playing on the 4th line..he deserves ice time.

he has the approval of the english media as well.

what bothers is that he seems to be unwilling to make line changes. in the last 10 games, we have seen the canadiens unable to score more then a goal( execpt of few times)

isn't it time for a guy like ryder to see 4th line duty ??

why not move bonk or jonhson as second line centers ?? by playing bonk on the 2nd line..both russians wouldn't have excuses on how bad their center is. bonk used to be a second line center, he can do it.

latendresse as been a consistent scoring threat while playing on the 4th line..he deserves ice time.

That's exactly how I feel... and what I was trying to say in my last post. You just said it much better than I did...

Mike Johnson can play all three forward positions can he not? this opens up even more options

That's exactly how I feel... and what I was trying to say in my last post. You just said it much better than I did...