What trades would you make/find cool?

habs-r-best

Good points Lister100. I much as Rivet brings to the table with his so-called leadership, his play has been very mediocre and i think the team would be much stronger with Streit on the backend. Streit has been one of our better players lately. Especially once Begin gets back. 4th line of BEGIN, LATS and LAPIERE would be most productive.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will they get much better for Derek Morris? 3.9M for a slumping player who isn't getting any younger. He must be tough to trade.

Yea, but who says they want to trade him for two UFAs when the team as well as Morris, are starting to play better? Now if you replace Morris with Jovo in that deal, THEN I agree with you. :P

If the Coyotes can move Morris for a defenceman who could be with them for the future that is playing in the NHL, then it makes a little more sense.

Problem is: with today's cap situation, every team would love younger cheaper guys who can play in the NHL. Higgins and Komisarek are both paid under 1M$, guys like that are like gold.

Tampa Bay is looking to shake things up with Fedotenko and Prospal's names being floated. I'd say try and dump either Kovalev or Samsonov straight up for one of them. Montreal more needs a centre than a winger, but the shake up might be just what the doctor ordered.

Ninnima

for

Ovechkin

I would find this trade really, really, really cool!!!!!!!!!!!! For one point we would become 10 times better...... :D

Problem is: with today's cap situation, every team would love younger cheaper guys who can play in the NHL. Higgins and Komisarek are both paid under 1M$, guys like that are like gold.

And today's cap situation is why we can't have Lecavalier :(

:clap: Lister100, but who knows, Rivet goes through these, um, phases . . . . I am still trying to keep the faith

And today's cap situation is why we can't have Lecavalier :(

:clap: Lister100, but who knows, Rivet goes through these, um, phases . . . . I am still trying to keep the faith

he should be reminded that he's a UFA next summer. maybe that way he'll play better !!

I'm ready for a change... a swap sure... The question is with whom?

I'd be happy with St. Louis, Columbus, Chicago, L.A. or Phoenix.

Any top or second line centerman I'd take and be happy to part with anyone on our current roster, but it must translate into more goals and more energy and a consistant scoring threat!

GO HABS GO!

And lets have our KIDS play; give them some NHL ice time; its the only way we encourage depth players to over achieve.

GO HABS GO!

I think I should put the top 5 centres (that within reason and fantasy) another team could be tempted to trade for something the habs got... example even though Crosby would be impossible ..throw something outhere!

say OLLI JOKINEN

Say for Ryder, Bonk and Perogie just an example... would Florida trade and if so what other team would trade for that... Detroit would for Robert Lang? etc... or should be focus on teams that are sucking... problem is teams that are sucking wont trade their top goal scorers ...only playmakers I think

I know it pointless doing these things because the guys I would dump are the very same I thought were the best only a couple of months ago. But for fun based off the way things have been going over the last couple of weeks I would say:

Get ready for a rant (I'm overdue)

Rivet is looking terrible again. At present I would go as far as to say he looks like the worst player on the team (not counting the pressbox players Niinimaa, Downey and Murray). This after his strong last year is really odd. It makes me wonder if he's a player that can only perform when the entire team has given up. I can handle his general lack of talent, but when he can't make simple passes or clear bodies like he use to, I'm left asking "what does bring to the team?" If he's injured he should stop being so selfish and take some days off, he's hurting the team with this little soldier routine. The excuses he gave after last nights game also pissed me off. The last thing I want to hear from the guy that was largely responsible for our last two defeats is how well he thinks the other team played. Take some ownership buddy. Niimina should be given more time and the chance to compete for this spot. I suspect that with a bit more time he might really prove to be the better of the two.

One more thing, the sentimental contract and franchise player is overrated. We've seen the proof of this with Jose Theodore. If fans and management get into the habit of thinking this team is a family their are going to get the laziest players in the league. This is business and when a player gets too cozy and stops performing, especially at Rivet's level I see no objections to showing him the door. I felt that way with Theodore, Zednik and even to some extent Koivu. I know in Koivu's case the sentimental reasons were stronger and his play of late makes it look good, but on the flip side will the decision still look good if Koivu gets injured leading up to the playoffs or starts to show his age? I'm still happy we did the classy thing there but th same rules can't be applied for everyone.

Samsonov or Samso"who" after Rivet only because forwards can hide their stink easier although he is still stinking really badly. The only thing I could say about him is that he is new to Montreal and if we look back at the way Bonk and some other notable players started off in this town it might mean that he is still in adjustment. Yet enough is enough, he is going to have to start playing at least like an average player to keep his place here. He has shown some small improvement, but he better keep improving because his level of play doesn't leave any room going back down.

For my two cents, these are two spots in the lineup that I have problems with and could accept letting go. Hopefully they prove me wrong in 2007.

The pressbox players don't get enough ice time to really judge, but eventually either Murray or Downey should be decided on because they are both two sides of the same coin and their pressbox spot is too valuable to squander. Whoever they decide on probably won't make much difference anyway so might as well get it over with.

Just stop plz....Samsonov is bad first year in mtl same wit bonk but noooo one wanted Bonk last season now we love him...hmmmm.....you don't know how to support a team i think im right on that one.

Then Rivet..cuz hes playing bad. Oh sorry we dont have a Pronger junior on the team, he takes the spot of niinima or whoever could be there instead. Rivet is a leader type guy that plays with heart hes been on a bad streak big woop...Kovalev been on a slump, Jagr im sure was on a slump, Everyone goes in slumps means nothing.

The team lost 2 straight ok Huet played 2 games back to back wich he shouldn't have...and it wasnt just on him the loss. The team played like crap unorginized and just wasnt there to perform, There bodies were there but their brains weren't.

Only thing i would suggest as much of a change is a center Plek is doin alright but now it's gone a little to far on how we need someone with a lil more talent between the 2 russian wingers.

Just stop plz....Samsonov is bad first year in mtl same wit bonk but noooo one wanted Bonk last season now we love him...hmmmm.....you don't know how to support a team i think im right on that one.

Then Rivet..cuz hes playing bad. Oh sorry we dont have a Pronger junior on the team, he takes the spot of niinima or whoever could be there instead. Rivet is a leader type guy that plays with heart hes been on a bad streak big woop...Kovalev been on a slump, Jagr im sure was on a slump, Everyone goes in slumps means nothing.

The team lost 2 straight ok Huet played 2 games back to back wich he shouldn't have...and it wasnt just on him the loss. The team played like crap unorginized and just wasnt there to perform, There bodies were there but their brains weren't.

Only thing i would suggest as much of a change is a center Plek is doin alright but now it's gone a little to far on how we need someone with a lil more talent between the 2 russian wingers.

Yep. I think everyone would like to see a better second line center than Plekanec. I'm sure Gainey is on to it. The question is what we'd have to give up to acquire one and then are we willing to give that much up.

Like Corvina said, Jokinen would be a great fix, but he must be untouchable.

:hlogo: The last time I made a trade post everyone went ballistic, and mine were alot more senseable them some of these trades being proposed. But since someone started this up here's who could be dealt and not missed awhole lot. Aebischer, Samsonov, Ninnimaa, Ryder, Murray, Downey, and Bonk. Plecanek could replace Bonk as a third line centre at 1/4 the price. Some guys I would like to see come this way are Fedorov, Tkachuk,& Nagy. Who would be traded for who I'm not sure but maybe something like this. Bonk, Ninnimaa & Murray (total 5.5 mil) for Fedorov (6 mil). Then maybe Ryder & Downey (2.7 mil) for Nagy (3 mil) & then Aebischer & Samsonov (5.4 mil) for Tkachuk (3.8 mil).

Then we look like this:

Huet, Danis

D the same

Komy, Markov

Rivet, Bouillon

Souray, Dandenault

depth Streit & Cote

Up front

Koivu, Higgins, Nagy

Fedorov, Kovalev, Tkachuk

Plecanek, Perezhogin, Johnson

Lapeirre, Begin, Latendresse

depth Streit & Kostitsin

Ok...Some realistic trades...

I can see business being done with teams who are out of playoff contention looking to improve for next season. Philadelphia (lots of talent there that is underachieving this season). Ottawa..Couple of guys on there that might be beneficial...I would love to see Volchenkov on the Point. Colombus...hate him or love him...Fedorov between Kovalev and Samsonov would be a much needed fix. Mike Modano was also demoted from his Captaincy in Dallas...it will be interesting to see what happens to him.

Some Guys that I doubt will be back next season:

Souray (Almost 100% that hes going to go to the highest bidder)

Ryder: Especially if he asks for more money

Rivet: He's just too slow for the new NHL...sure he might be a character, but I cant stress it enough that if you dont get it done on the Ice...You dont belong.

Ninnemma: Free up some cap room

As long as we win a cup this season...I really dont care though

GO :hlogo: GO! :D

1) Souray and Aebischer to LA for Frolov and a backup goalie. Souray would most likely re-sign with the Kings, be close to his daughter, we get a brilliant looking player in Frolov with lots of goals in him.

Who plays point on the PP beside Markov? Err...

then...

2) Kovalev and Ryder for Dastyuk and a D with a huge shot. If you want quality, you have to give up quality. Dastyuk looks phenomenal. Plus the Wings always have something for Russians.

or

2b) Kovalev and Ryder for Tanguay and Phaneuf. Flames have a really good defensive team and this would make their top line lethal. Phaneuf could be our real leader on D. Tanguay takes over Kovalev's position.

Somehow I don't see the Flamers biting on this one.

I do think that Kovalev is very trade-able, though, as well as Bonk - and they could be packaged to make a very tempting deal for someone. We also have a loaded farm system and a GM who once traded away a pre-NHL Jarome Iginla.

Most of the trades listed are mediocre players for real prospects. No-one is going to trade anybody for Ryder, Ninimaa and Rivet. We'll have to muck around with the core makeup of the team in order to get the top-level parts we want. We need to be way better 5 on 5, way better on offense and way better defensively.

Disclaimer: I haven't looked at the cap situation.

And lets have our KIDS play; give them some NHL ice time; its the only way we encourage depth players to over achieve.

Amen to that! Before we trade, I want to see some shuffling of the different forward lines for more than 10 minutes of the game. See the first, second and third lines shuffle, maybe with Bonk and Plex switching, and maybe move Kovy to the first and Ryder down to the second. Carbo said earlier he didn't want to break up lines 1 and 3 for the sake of line 2, but that was when the first and third were playing well. Now everyone's in a funk; break them up and see what happens. It can't be worse than how we played against Tampa on Saturday :puke:

Call up Lapierre for the fourth again, and if the "experiment" on the three lines shuffling doesn't work, try Lapierre on one of the other lines. Give the kids a chance.

But we can win the Stanley Cup this year (I reckon). Maybe a 2nd line centreman is all we need, but that can be got with a pick, or free agent, or whatever.

Point is, time is over for playing lots of youngsters - if we're paying the old guys to move their arses, then they better prove it. Even if they don't, the young guys will be here next year to take their place.

Let Lapierre stay in the AHL, it's not like he's going anywhere else. And he'll have a better head for next year (like what they did for Latendresse last year).

tradeforrory.com

I like that. I really like that..

Satisfaction..

Didn't LA already get burnt once by Bob?

That trade is a possibility with some tweaking. Frolov was rumoured to be on the move in the offseason..as part of the Luongo trade, but I'm not sure that Aebischer would solve their goalie issues.

If Frolov were to come over, Montreal would have to dump one of Ryder, Kovalev or Samsonov to make room for him. There is a glut of forwards as it is.

tradeforrory.com

I like that. I really like that..

Satisfaction..

Thanks! Just trying to get the Kings 'fishing'.

Err...David, is that you?

By the way, with a really good 2nd line centre...we're still worse than Buffalo.

Vive le :hlogo: !

Didn't LA already get burnt once by Bob?

That trade is a possibility with some tweaking. Frolov was rumoured to be on the move in the offseason..as part of the Luongo trade, but I'm not sure that Aebischer would solve their goalie issues.

If Frolov were to come over, Montreal would have to dump one of Ryder, Kovalev or Samsonov to make room for him. There is a glut of forwards as it is.

Duh Ryder or Samsonov anytime for Frolov!

Better yet dump Ryder.... and put Frolov in the Middle! he's young he should adapt quickly!

Wait that makes no sense!.... if frolov does go centre we dont need to move Ryder... were just stuck with deciding what to do with Plekanek and/or Bonk

Edited by CoRvInA

If we traded off Rivet to Get Daniel Sedin, and Aebischer for Luongo?

Personally, I think it'd be interesting. And That'd get us a save bonus, and a major attack bonus. I tested this trade on NHL 06 (i know not exactly the same as real life but w/e) and it worked Very Well! It brought the teams overall up by like 6 or 8, and I left a few games on auto, and the habs won all of them.

So now, What are Your Trade Ideas?

if we're looking at 'reasonable' trades... well...........

how about bégin & niinimaa for a good defensive prospect? (Cam Barker?)

GO :hlogo: GO!

Remember Shortcat REALISTIC trades :P

:P:P:P:P:P to me too.... i suppose...

GO :hlogo: GO!