Players sexual preferences

CoRvInA

Dont know if ithis topic has been picked up before or not.. but I have wondered if in Hockey we tend to see far less Homosexual atheletes only because there is a stereotype of Hockey players that has to be taken upon.

Or there are more closet cases than perceived... Meaning many potentialy Gay Hockey players get married but because they spend much more time among brothers in arms on the rink, planes, hotels, and showers can they cope with it more?

I remember a rumor about Mark Messier being gay....

anyways there you go another spitball by Corvina

okay let me point out that I'm not gay but have been made fun of in sports before (mainly due to the fact that I'm clumsy and look like a big Oaf running around and have a little bit of a processing disorder so I'm not the smartest kid out there)

But man is the locker room an unfriendly place. It is overly homophobic. We the football players all thought the soccer players were gay because they all took a shower together naked and liked to slap themselves. In PE if a guy dropped his shorts while taking a shower everyone would get all goofy and go to the other shower and leave him alone like some outcast.

Heck if you were a quiet kid you were picked on.

So as a whole if you are smart, think objectifying women and talking about them like they are animals is wrong, or you are gay, hate fart jokes or don't thinking passing gas is funny, and don't have your mind in the gutter then mens locker rooms aren't for you. Because thats what you get in there, never seen so many dumb people in one room together.

I know that the ratio or demographics of Gay men in society does not have to be a reflection of the ratio of gay men in a lockeroom (whatever sport).... but No one would deny that the odds of having at least one Gay player in every team is not that low in the NHL and it would be the ultimate naivety to think there are no homosexuals in Hockey ... Just like believing No NHL player uses/used performance drugs!

But reading your story Pierre this came to mind...

Myself...I was not born in Canada and have a pretty Non North American name and surname... and I remember switching schools a whole lot cause of my parents finding better jobs etc... and it lead always to the same routine... the first week I was the outcast and then the first PE class would come... Hey look the new foreign kid he's quick he's fast he's strong... and i quickly would become part of the class...

So I can imagine a Gay Hockey player being overlooked (his telltale signs) cause he plays awesome!

Could there be a correlation with talented players and Gay players?

Sidney Crosby could he be Gay?

Ovechkin could he be Gay?

GRETZKY is he GAY????

hahaha just a thought…

But think it over we just witnessed an Ex coach state he succeeded in the Pro game of Coaching and leading in NHL while being illiterate .. he came out at the age of 60…. Could there be a come out of the closet in years to come of the likes of others?

I believe ex-Hab Stephane Richer is gay, but yeah hard to say for sure very few want to come out of the closet not surprisingly. If the societal average holds then there would be several gay players on every team but I tend to think the overall average is weighted away from professional hockey, drawing more numbers from, for exampl, interior decorating.

googled Wendell Clark apparently those rumours started after he bought Toller Cranston old house.

That would do it :P

I believe ex-Hab Stephane Richer is gay,

Nope,Richer isnt... I have it from a reliable source that Richer is straight. He actually used to bang his coache's wife while he was in juniors (he was staying in pension at his coach's home). Its the Richer-Voisine rumor that started it all...

Anyway, what f'n difference does it make --except maybe for desperate young gays who could needs a role models to emulate-- weither X or Y is gay? Seriously, why should anyone care weither X or Y prefers to get sexual satisfaction from a dude or a chick? Oooooooh, thatt player prefers to sleep with men... Big f'n deal! It's nobody's business.

ah well my Richer source was not so reliable I will give benefit of the doubt to KoZed's hehehe.

and yes guys of course it doesn't matter, that's why we're chatting about it! I see no attempt to demonize players here, it would be like if we said, umm, Juneau used to fly planes, so does Kovalev, who else does . . . . ? And chatted about that.

But maybe we should stick to openly gay players and not speculate as that does go into privacy issues, I can see that being a point.

Anyway living away from North America for more than 10 years I am often surprised at the level of acceptance gays have attained in that time! Tolerance for and acceptance of alternative lifestyles and minorities is something the West can be proud of.