Did Bob blow it by not getting Comrie?

Sens get Comrie for some prospect...now I don't think Comrie is the Great Saviour by any means, but wouldn't he have been a good fit for the second line? Or do we just shrug and say we'll try to pick him up as a UFA in the offseason - ? Thoughts?

If we go by the merits of the Hockey's Future website, Muckler just traded the possible equivalent of a Kostitsyn, Chipchura or a Price in moving Kaigorodov. I'm arriving at this conclusion using their ratings. Comrie might be nice but I wouldn't want him at that PRICE or any other in Chips or Kostitsyn.

Sens are desperate and Comrie isn't going to help them IMO. As a matter of fact I think Ottawa's dysfunctional room just got worse.

Muckler, you're fired. :wacko:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

If we go by the merits of the Hockey's Future website, Muckler just traded the possible equivalent of a Kostitsyn, Chipchura or a Price in moving Kaigorodov. I'm arriving at this conclusion using their ratings. Comrie might be nice but I wouldn't want him at that PRICE or any other in Chips or Kostitsyn.

Sens are desperate and Comrie isn't going to help them IMO. As a matter of fact I think Ottawa's dysfunctional room just got worse.

Muckler, your fired. :wacko:

I agree... Comrie's a highly talented egotistical player... heck, he couldn't even stay with the Flyers...

nope... no Comrie for us... Thank you, Bob!

GO :hlogo: GO!

Sens get Comrie for some prospect...now I don't think Comrie is the Great Saviour by any means, but wouldn't he have been a good fit for the second line? Or do we just shrug and say we'll try to pick him up as a UFA in the offseason - ? Thoughts?

:lol:

Next question:

Should Gainey get superstar Mikey Ribeiro from the Dallas Stars in order to have a successful playoffs run? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Next question:

Should Gainey get superstar Mikey Ribeiro from the Dallas Stars in order to have a successful playoffs run? :rolleyes:

If Ribs was a 30-goal scorer, then...yeah, maybe.

Smartass.

This post should sum up the situation pretty good.

Mike Comrie has an ego problem. Ask anyone in Edmonton, they will tell you about it. Comrie isn't a superstar player and people know it but the guy does put up solid numbers for sure. Like many people have said before me, he is what people refer to a locker room cancer.

As for the Habs point of view in getting him, Comrie likes to keep the puck, just like everyone's favorite ex-Habs, Mike Ribeiro. Now imagine a line of Samsonov-Comrie-Kovalev, pretty scary right in the stickhandling department? That's about all that line would know how to do.

Alexei Kaigorodov on the other hand has potential, that is no secret. How big is his potential? Well let Phoenix find out seeing how many people said he just leeched off Malkin in Russia (they both played for the same team before going to the NHL) Does Kaigorodov have a ego problem? Who knows, maybe. He was a healthy scratch for the most part of the season and barely played in the NHL. When he did, he was mainly on the bottom lines, so much for the guy many people penciled down as the future 2nd line center of the team for this season. When he was sent down to Binghamton, he didn't report himself to the AHL and went to Russia.

So if anything, this is another one of those time will tell deals. Right now, this is just two teams swapping their problems.

This post should sum up the situation pretty good.

Mike Comrie has an ego problem. Ask anyone in Edmonton, they will tell you about it. Comrie isn't a superstar player and people know it but the guy does put up solid numbers for sure. Like many people have said before me, he is what people refer to a locker room cancer.

As for the Habs point of view in getting him, Comrie likes to keep the puck, just like everyone's favorite ex-Habs, Mike Ribeiro. Now imagine a line of Samsonov-Comrie-Kovalev, pretty scary right in the stickhandling department? That's about all that line would know how to do.

Alexei Kaigorodov on the other hand has potential, that is no secret. How big is his potential? Well let Phoenix find out seeing how many people said he just leeched off Malkin in Russia (they both played for the same team before going to the NHL) Does Kaigorodov have a ego problem? Who knows, maybe. He was a healthy scratch for the most part of the season and barely played in the NHL. When he did, he was mainly on the bottom lines, so much for the guy many people penciled down as the future 2nd line center of the team for this season. When he was sent down to Binghamton, he didn't report himself to the AHL and went to Russia.

So if anything, this is another one of those time will tell deals. Right now, this is just two teams swapping their problems.

kk just to sum it up :D

what tony says means

Comrie < then any other player on our team :)

What I want to know is, why is everyone giving up so quickly on Plex?

I think he is doing his part on that 2nd line...Just like last night's game, that line goes if Kovalev goes...It's that simple..

Kovalev can make you look like the best player on the ice or the worst...

The real reason our 2nd line is faultering, is because Kovalev only shows up now and again..

He is soooo frustrating to watch..He scores one of the prettiest goals I have seen all season, last night, but doesn't play like that all the time...lol Why??

So in response to this thread...You can have Comrie...Let Plex stay there..IMO, he is doing an adequate job..

One of the Habs greatest strengths this year is the chemistry. The guys stand up for each other. The locker room cancers are gone and the team is better for it.

How many teams have given up on Comrie already in his short career? Edmonton, Philly and Phoenix anyway, none of them awash in super scorers. Edmonton's doing okay up front but they've even got room for P. Nedved. And they aren't missing Comrie even a little.

Picking up Comrie would be beyond stupid, even if it didn't cost a top-rated prospect.

In Bob we trust.

What I want to know is, why is everyone giving up so quickly on Plex?

I think he is doing his part on that 2nd line...Just like last night's game, that line goes if Kovalev goes...It's that simple..

Kovalev can make you look like the best player on the ice or the worst...

The real reason our 2nd line is faultering, is because Kovalev only shows up now and again..

He is soooo frustrating to watch..He scores one of the prettiest goals I have seen all season, last night, but doesn't play like that all the time...lol Why??

So in response to this thread...You can have Comrie...Let Plex stay there..IMO, he is doing an adequate job..

That's not called giving up, that's called having bigger goals... Plekanec is good enough for a fix up on the 2nd line... if you wanna win the cup though, you gotta have a LEGITIMATE 2nd line Center.

Two teams swapping their problems, but it worked out very nicely for Ottawa nonetheless. Yes, moving Comrie freed up some space for the Yotes cap, but Kaigordov was never going to play for Ottawa again.

Thus, being able to turn him into an asset the team desperately needs in Comrie was quite astute by Muckler. He looked pretty foolish getting Arnason from Chicago last year, but Comrie can at least put up numbers (which he has done very consistently). A very good move to address a problem the team needed to fix.

Comrie wouldn't thrive in an environment like Montreal's.

That's not called giving up, that's called having bigger goals... Plekanec is good enough for a fix up on the 2nd line... if you wanna win the cup though, you gotta have a LEGITIMATE 2nd line Center.

I agree. If the team's not going to be a contender, then fine, leave things the way are. But the Canadiens have proved through the first half that they have most of the pieces for a successful run, but that they're lacking consistent secondary scoring. Plekanec has five goals this season, he's on pace for 11. Yes, Kovalev and Samsonov have played poorly. And yes they're part of the problem. But they're still offensive players who have shown that level of skill over their careers. Plekanec really hasn't scored much or shown above average offensive talent at any point during his career, juniors and AHL included.

I dont know much about what Alexei Kaigorodov did or what the Sens did ton him but the fact he did not show up at the farm team and made a run to Russia... well if Comrie is cancer than Alexei Kaigorodov is a tumor!

its like an old saying: trading Shit for Crap

While Comrie has an ego problem.....Kaigorodov has one too. He gave up on his team because they wouldn't give him ice-time. Can you imagine a guy like Grabovsky leaving because he would have had to play on the 4th line. Kaigorodov is as big an idiot as Comrie.

At 3Mil a season the price tag is way to heavy for Comie; our need is for a big center not another small playmaker we want a solid proven scorer; This player exists and I'm more convinced that BOB feels we can find this player at the deadline; and if not we will have solutions from within;

Something I did not consider all this time; is that to win in the playoffs a TEAM need to keep the losing down to one or two games max; winning a higher percentage of 7 game sets; if you look at the first half of the season we have done that with our existing group; Bob no fool and Carbo has a plan; we will be fine.

And no we aren't a bunch of Comie's!

Something I did not consider all this time; is that to win in the playoffs a TEAM need to keep the losing down to one or two games max; winning a higher percentage of 7 game sets; if you look at the first half of the season we have done that with our existing group; Bob no fool and Carbo has a plan; we will be fine.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Great point! I'm sure management breaks up the schedule into 2-week periods if they look at it as playoffs. Teams play, on average, 7 games every 2 weeks. Also interesting that Carbo is riding Huet right now... maybe sensing how long he can go for? :D

comrie : NO THANX!!! we dunt have money to keep lapierre with the big team... so comrie... 3M$... nah!!!! he doesnt fit with us... if the sens r happy with it... then... good for them...

IN BOB WE TRUST!!!