Whos Available?

Redlight6O

Considerring we try and make a push for the cup and we find a way to work it into our salary, who is outthere as a #2 center?

Will the leafs rid themselves of sundin(highly unlikely)

Lindros out of Dallas??

Conroy.......is available but isnt having a great year

Jokinen.....this was mentioned in the hockey news(florida might be looking to do a makeover)

Weight......stl would look for youth

Ricci........wouldnt be added for his offense, but for a true playoff performer

forsberg........not much to say here, its up to him, philly pretty pathetic, but if by somehow we got him, i think we would be considered one of the favourites to in it all..right now were the sleeper pick

there really isnt much out there unless you want to pull a top player from another team a sacrafice a great deal of youth. the only thing i wonder is plekanec didnt show up in the playoffs last year, whats going to happen this year? samsonov(in my eyes) didnt have a great playoffs either, but many fans say he did.

There don't seem to be many available. Conroy used to be but I am not sure if he still is. The one I have read most often being shopped around is Comrie. The problem is that many teams are believed to be looking for centres which is causing the price to rise on the few that are available. That is why the struggling Nedved was taken.

EDIT: Nevermind I didn't realize Comrie went to Ottawa today :huh:

I would give a lot to get another Suomi on the lineup!!!

Jokinen is defenitely my man !

Throw Ryder, Abi, Perez, 1rst round pick... whatever to get this man.

Think it's more reasonable that guys like Petr Cajanek, Keith Tkachuk in Stl and Derek Armstrong in LA, Derek Morris, Dave Scatchard in Phoenix would be available.

Lindros wouldnt move, Dallas is a contender/

Think it's more reasonable that guys like Petr Cajanek, Keith Tkachuk in Stl and Derek Armstrong in LA, Derek Morris, Dave Scatchard in Phoenix would be available.

Lindros wouldnt move, Dallas is a contender/

Especially with the fact Lindros is actually playing well for them as well. I wouldn't hold my breath on Foppa either with his NTC. At this point for him it's Philly, Colorado or retirement. I'd bank on him playing the season out in Philadelphia and then calling it quits.

Especially with the fact Lindros is actually playing well for them as well. I wouldn't hold my breath on Foppa either with his NTC. At this point for him it's Philly, Colorado or retirement. I'd bank on him playing the season out in Philadelphia and then calling it quits.

There was a story out of Philly that Forsberg is not happy with the way things are going in Philly. Spector had the story which basically said Forsberg doesn't like the fact that the young rookies are taking leadership roles on the team and pushing out the vets. If it's true, then it wouldn't be a shock if Forsberg went to Holmgren and said, "Here's who I would play for. If you can make a deal you like, I'll waive the no-trade clause.

There was a story out of Philly that Forsberg is not happy with the way things are going in Philly. Spector had the story which basically said Forsberg doesn't like the fact that the young rookies are taking leadership roles on the team and pushing out the vets. If it's true, then it wouldn't be a shock if Forsberg went to Holmgren and said, "Here's who I would play for. If you can make a deal you like, I'll waive the no-trade clause.

There was also another story out of Philly where he was looking forward to helping mentor the young guys and contributing to Philly's rebuilding effort and that he wanted to stick around in Philly. Honestly, he desperately wants to play back home in Sweden, he has for years. He'd probably want to retire as an Av but I don't think we're really going in a direction that he'd like either so it's probably play to the end of the year (end of his contract) and then go back home. He could be a deadline acquisition but I wouldn't hold out for having him any longer the I can get in the playoffs.

Lindros out of Dallas?? NO WAY HE PLAYS IN MTL

Conroy.......might be a possibilityif the Kings are way out of it.

Jokinen.....would love for this to happen so should any Habs fan but he has a reasonable contract for the next four a five years and would be a terrible move to trade him... that said I will still dream.

Weight......the Blues got a TON for him last year and the Canes won the cup with him, I wonder if he could move again.

Ricci........I always loved him and he has worn a Habs jersey before although it was in a movie.

I'm sure shane doan or nagy could be had.

the fact is that besides philly, st louis and phoenix, many teams still have a shot at making the playoffs !!

Lindros out of Dallas?? NO WAY HE PLAYS IN MTL

Conroy.......might be a possibilityif the Kings are way out of it.

Jokinen.....would love for this to happen so should any Habs fan but he has a reasonable contract for the next four a five years and would be a terrible move to trade him... that said I will still dream.

Weight......the Blues got a TON for him last year and the Canes won the cup with him, I wonder if he could move again.

Ricci........I always loved him and he has worn a Habs jersey before although it was in a movie.

It was a 1st rounder for Weight the rest was filler, like Jesse Boulerice (a guy that even Downey was able to knock out in one punch). It was also a 1st rounder for Roloson (who was less proven back then), so that just goes to show you.

@initial post: Plekanec played very well in the playoffs last year, or atleast I think he did.

I wouldn't mind giving Conroy a shot.

I wouldnt mind seeing Perreault back as our 2nd line center if there is noone else to have. Perreault seems to have been quite good in Phoenix this season.

perreault is a good regular season player bur he never brought his play another notch in the playoffs

latest rumours have it that adrien aucoin is being shopped around...

too much money for my taste

GO :hlogo: GO!

Secondary players are not what we need, we need a quote on quote second line center, or smasonov to be moved.

I dont think samsonov will be moved so that means a center for our second line. We have d depth, even though it is a bit costly. conroy is very safe defensively. Nagy and doan would be amazing to have, but then where do they play, who do we shuffle down, and i dont even want to imagine what we would have to give up for them.

Jokinen would be pretty damn good, but that means we would not sign our dmen next year. I think a markov is more important to us than a jokinen. Plus we'd have to give up on a very good prospect, although this years draft isnt suppose to be a very good one, so trading our top pick wouldnt hurt as badly as it may have in other years.

so far there are no concrete rumours saying he is available, because he is an important part of detroits roster, but there have been whispers that detroit is in the market for another type of player and that he would be moved in that deal. they are also wonderring about salary

Anyone know if Pavel Datsyuk is available?

Anyone know if Pavel Datsyuk is available?

A couple of weeks ago there were Samsonov + Souray for Datsyuk rumours. *shrug*

Why all the love for finns?

What have they ever won?

Get someone who's willing to sacrifice life and mother for Montreal and the Cup!

The ace that Habs got it Aebischer. He's a number one that could come in handy when trying to boost the line-up.