Game Thread | Montreal vs. Capitals | 01/04/07

Spider-Man NL

Holy overeaction batman!

So we're losing 4-1, big deal, by the sounds of it it could be 2-2 right now if the goal hadve counted and not given the Caps all the momentum.

Washington was due for a top performance anyways, they are a borderline playoff team and they have been playing well below where they should be for 7 games now, it was only a matter of time for them to break out of their slump.

We cant give up on this game yet anyways, lots of time to turn this thing around.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a funny thought... I've got both Huet and Kolzig in one of my hockey pools... When the game started, I thought, well, I'll definitely get a win out of one of them... but now that Huet's pulled, and if we come back, I won't...

C'mon boys! Screw me over in the pool! :D

The wheels sure came off in a hurry....they stopped playing after that goal got called back.

WTF was Koivu thinking on that one? I can see him digging his stick in there if he'd seen the puck at Kolzig's feet...but...what purpose is there for jamming his stick into Olie's foot on that play?

This team hasnt changed a bit! They still have no work ethic, they show up whenever they feel like it.

I am seriously beginning to doubt Carbos decisions, he is not improving the team. Just sitting back and letting them be mediocre.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

GO :hlogo: GO!

No over reaction here...with a loss tonight the Habs have lost 3 of there last 4 and 4 of the last 6.

IMO Higgins has lost his spot on the top line with his play since his return...he doesn't have the magic touch he had earlier in the year. Time to mix things up. Guys are getting too comfortable in their positions.

I am seriously beginning to doubt Carbos decisions, he is not improving the team. Just sitting back and letting them be mediocre.

Not improving the team? How comes we're 7th overall now, then?

Give your head a shake and keep your overractions in check.

No over reaction here...with a loss tonight the Habs have lost 3 of there last 4 and 4 of the last 6.

IMO Higgins has lost his spot on the top line with his play since his return...he doesn't have the magic touch he had earlier in the year. Time to mix things up. Guys are getting too comfortable in their positions.

So playing .333 hockey for a span of six games is time for panic? (by the way this game isnt over)

Man we are fickle arent we eh guys?

A 6 game sample out of an 82 game season and suddenly the wheels are falling off...

I see the sky is falling...

:lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool:

Yet we're 7-3-0 in the last 10.

P-e-r-s-p-e-c-t-i-v-e people, perspective...

say it, kz, say it loud & clear!

Amazing we have high standings after half a season! Big deal, same thing happened last season. Do you have something else to say?

This team hasn't changed one bit and it has shown all season.

Comparing last year's hot start with this year is completely ridiculous.

We have lost back to back games twice this season, never losing three in a row. Thats consistency.

And yes we are high in the standings after half a season, to me that shows a lot more than the last 4 games dont you think?

Geez this place is going to turn into the ESPN boards pretty soon with the way people overeact...

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

This is one of the worst games I've seen this year.

The thing that bothers me is that within a game, when things are not going well, you've already pulled your goalie you have nothing going on, and yet Carbo refuses to make a line change or change a defence pairing or shorten the bench, anything to get the team going, yet he just keeps rolling the same 4 lines who continue to do nothing.

Our second line + Carbo's patience is the worst thing ever. They play like ass for 20 games and then when Carbo is finally thinking about breaking them up they have 1 good game and everyone think it's solved and it buys them 20 more games. Enough is enough, shuffle the freakin lines.

onesharpmarble has the right to his opinions but boy, they're sure negative...

sheeeeshhhhhhhhh..............

Amazing we have high standings after half a season! Big deal, same thing happened last season. Do you have something else to say?

This team hasn't changed one bit and it has shown all season.

You obviously don't remember last December. As a long suffering habs fan in Ottawa I am ecstatic about this teams performance. You should be too!!

By no means am I saying the team is bad. Not sure where you guys hear that?

But you can't deny the team has played very poorly the last 6 games against teams in the bottom half of the standings. There is nothing wrong with being frustrated with a poor playing team. It's like politics...once you get complacent...then no progress is made.

Comparing last year's hot start with this year is completely ridiculous.

We have lost back to back games twice this season, never losing three in a row. Thats consistency.

And yes we are high in the standings after half a season, to me that shows a lot more than the last 4 games dont you think?

Geez this place is going to turn into the ESPN boards pretty soon with the way people overeact...

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

How does beating high ranked teams and then getting destroyed by the dregs of the league shout consistancy to you?

Perhaps you should look the word up again.

You would think after losing to poor teams with the complete lack of effort the habs have shown that carbo would swtich up the lines, maybe sit someone out. But no, nothing has changed and so why should the work ethic change? In other words show up when you want boys. :rolleyes:

If I am over-reacting you are under-reacting. I am sure when we start losing 5 in a row and start to drop in the standings you will all be whinging to shake up the lines or something but by then we will have to slug it out for 8th place again.

These are games we should be dominating.