Game Thread | Montreal vs. Capitals | 01/04/07

Spider-Man NL

2-1/2-0/,-,

20' left

time for a strong third, a quick goal..

go :hlogo: go!

this team has the ability to do that... i wouldn't be surprised....

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you can't deny the team has played very poorly the last 6 games against teams in the bottom half of the standings. There is nothing wrong with being frustrated with a poor playing team. It's like politics...once you get complacent...then no progress is made.

Agreed. We are playing less than stellar these days, but it's certainly not the end of the world, or extreme cause for concern as some might have us believe. I just hope we get a lesson out of this, because we've got a pretty hectic schedule coming up.

My lines for the 3rd

Samsonov-Koivu-Latendresse

Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev

Ryder-Bonk-Johnson

I don't care if guys don't deserve it...they might as well start trying new things when down by 3 goals. That is not to say they need to have different lines next game.

By no means am I saying the team is bad. Not sure where you guys here that?

But you can't deny the team has played very poorly the last 6 games against teams in the bottom half of the standings. There is nothing wrong with being frustrated with a poor playing team. It's like politics...once you get complacent...then no progress is made.

Hey Mr. Nasty good to see you around! yeah, Habs are in a bit of a slump, I guess it's hard to maintain a high level of energy, maybe something to do with the holidays or the Laura Gainey tragedy? Still, we're finding ways to pick up points here and there, I wouldn't panic just yet.

Moi..

shop_7player_b.jpg

nice... are those actual t-shirts?

My lines for the 3rd

Samsonov-Koivu-Latendresse

Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev

Ryder-Bonk-Johnson

I don't care if guys don't deserve it...they might as well start trying new things when down by 3 goals. That is not to say they need to have different lines next game.

Carbo wont do it, it will take a 7 game losing streak for him to change a damn thing.

WOW....First thing that I said to myself at the beginning of the game was "man, the boys are playing great tonight". Things quickly changed...

And after the replay on Koivu's "interference"....I couldn't really see what was the big deal...Kolzig was diving across the net, I seriously don't think Koivu's stick had a big efffect on that play. Stupid call, and what do they do? turn around and score.

WOW....First thing that I said to myself at the beginning of the game was "man, the boys are playing great tonight". Things quickly changed...

And after the replay on Koivu's "interference"....I couldn't really see what was the big deal...Kolzig was diving across the net, I seriously don't think Koivu's stick had a big efffect on that play. Stupid call, and what do they do? turn around and score.

i've seen that kind of thing happen many times in the past...

one team ALMOST scores and the other team goes up the ice and DOES SCORE...

a big lift for the team who scores and a big kick in the cashews for the team that's scored upon...

People are overreacting because we have seen this show before.

When this happened in 1995 it took everybody until they were out of the playoffs to realize they were not going to make the playoffs.

But that was because the Habs made the playoffs every year, won the Adams 10-15 times and the Cup 6 times in the previous 20 years.

The last 10 years have had alot of false hope that were dashed by weak teams that were playing over their heads.

But this team is different. But the Habs win games with special teams and great goaltending and get outshot regularly. So everybody who is afraid of a collapse flies off the wagon when things go wrong.

This team is not a Stanley Cup contender, but you never know in the new NHL.

But the Leafs are pasting the Bruins right now with a terrible roster getting goals from Battaglia, Steen, Pohl and Kris Newbury.

When was the last time the Habs pasted someone?

Put the game out of hand early and just dominated play?

They start terribly and hope to get out of the first tight, then let Huet make big stops and let the Special teams takeover. Same story most nights.

They are on the right track but they are still growing as a team. Sometimes it is hard to be patient...but we have waited for 10 years for a good team, I can be patient for a while longer.

How do you know? the guy has never lost 3 in a row in his head coaching career, let alone 7.

i'm beginning to enjoy OSM's comments... they kind of remind me of the guy from british columbia who's no longer with us... i forget his name...

Carbo wont do it, it will take a 7 game losing streak for him to change a damn thing.

How typical... As soon as the team hits a bump, "it's the coach's fault!!!".

*yawn*

Plex takes one for the team to get a play going.

Hope the guys on the bench saw that.

we are now experiencing the benefit of having to very good goalies in our line-up...

aebischer's doing very well... good for him...

How do you know? the guy has never lost 3 in a row in his head coaching career, let alone 7.

Seeing as how this is his first season that doesn't amaze the hell outta me.

How typical... As soon as the team hits a bump, "it's the coach's fault!!!".

What do you mean as soon as he hits a bump? The lines have needed to be changed for probably 2 months now. He has sat back and allowed players to go 15 - 20 games with no production.

Shortcat: I wish say I could enjoy your comments as well but they all seem to be the same generic one liners. :rolleyes:

I'm still working on my portuguese..

B) ;)

bom, bom...

to be expected, n'est-ce pas?

with a goodly number of us who are very impatient with our team when it struggles, it's pretty inevitable

:?- :?- :?- :?- f_____g... frog?

in any case, there's LOTS OF TIME left in the game... lots of time for a come-back.

7 letters in there. I should have typed F-----G. Sorry all, I was responding to the disallowed goal and the game in general. Not happy

Goal required - now

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

What do you mean as soon as he hits a bump? The lines have needed to be changed for probably 2 months now. He has sat back and allowed players to go 15 - 20 games with no production

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, but the concept of "allowing" players to slump is just hilarious.

Thanks for the comedy night.

Semin scores...

5-1 Caps.