Game Thread | Montreal vs. Capitals | 01/04/07

Spider-Man NL

Well that was a terrible game forsure, and this weekend could really turn ugly unless the Canadiens have a great showing in back to back afternoon games. Aebischer surley will get a start.

As for the line juggling I am sure it will come if the Candiens start to lose a few in a row, everyone is aware of Kovalev and Samsonov not producing but they are getting chances.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another brutal effort. I'm not sure what changing the lines around will do? Will that all of a sudden have the team show up and play hard for 60 minutes? i doubt It. the problem is lack of work ethic, lazy and this could be the dumbest team in the league. They give up the most shots a game in the league, they also take the most or close to the most hooking and holding penalties.

But there is good news. i saved money by switching to GEICO.

Now the Bad news: I wonder what the coaches and GM think, they were all hard working players and probably never took a night or even a shift off. Watching these lazy uninspired players must make them sick.

People need to start calling out the first line. Minus 20! Ouch

Fans can put the blame on individuals all they want but other then the goaltending everyone should be getting called out. I'll blame basically the core, they have played this way for years and they don't get better. Until the core is ejected the team will remain a 7-10 seed annually. I think this change will happen soon enough.

The other point that is painfully clear, the Habs have NO ability to score or do anything 5 on 5. This is brutal.

I'm not an optimist, pesimist but a realist. The reality is that i see a long losing streak coming.

I hope i'm wrong and Carbo can get these guys to show up, but as a friend of mine says "I've seen this fish before".

I think the Penalty on Koivu was the difference maker in the game...

Washington's first 2 goals were crap.....The second one that hit Ovechkin in the ass from the point shot and Zubrus had it giftwrapped in the slot had me going...Here we go again... :angry: It really pissed me off.....Why doesn't Montreal ever get those kinds of bounces!

:hlogo: Next time it comes home, Montreal will have two Stanley Cups, one for beating the opposing team, one for beating the referees :hlogo:

I think the difference was Washington totally dominated the Habs all over the ice for about 58 minutes, and the Habs didn't care.

They don't get bounces because they are lazy, hockey is pretty simple if you work hard good things will happen.

I knew the Habs would go through a slump this year, most teams do. I just hope that they end it Sat. That is enough slump for me.

for us all... for us all...

well, it won't be long till we see if the thing ends this saturday but first...........

GO :can: GO! at the WJC.

GO :hlogo: GO!

This game was worse than i was expecting.

You can't have too many guys with heart on a team but thre's got to be some talent too.

It is time to bring back Lapierre to center the fourth line, he will be so mad to have been left out so long that he will be all over the place.

Bégin will play with a broken back if they let him, that will show heart.

These guys can inspire more dedication from players who's lacking some recently.

Well another brutal effort. I'm not sure what changing the lines around will do? Will that all of a sudden have the team show up and play hard for 60 minutes? i doubt It. the problem is lack of work ethic, lazy and this could be the dumbest team in the league. They give up the most shots a game in the league, they also take the most or close to the most hooking and holding penalties.

But there is good news. i saved money by switching to GEICO.

Now the Bad news: I wonder what the coaches and GM think, they were all hard working players and probably never took a night or even a shift off. Watching these lazy uninspired players must make them sick.

People need to start calling out the first line. Minus 20! Ouch

Fans can put the blame on individuals all they want but other then the goaltending everyone should be getting called out. I'll blame basically the core, they have played this way for years and they don't get better. Until the core is ejected the team will remain a 7-10 seed annually. I think this change will happen soon enough.

The other point that is painfully clear, the Habs have NO ability to score or do anything 5 on 5. This is brutal.

I'm not an optimist, pesimist but a realist. The reality is that i see a long losing streak coming.

I hope i'm wrong and Carbo can get these guys to show up, but as a friend of mine says "I've seen this fish before".

Hahaa! Thanks for at least giving us a good laugh.

But seriously, I agree, the play has been stinky, and it is mostly a matter of effort. Sometimes you just get in a funk, but they NEED to find a way to get out. Mike Boone at Habsinsideout was saying that Houde (I think it was Houde?) said Souray hasn't been the same since the wrist injury, and I jsut wanted to groan, NO, not again...

Until this point, even when some key players were slumping, others were doing well, so we were okay as a team. but now we seem like all the key players are slumping at the same time... This could be a long month.

Ahhhrrggggg

Regardless ... and now a little calmer after this waste of time

I am NOW HAPPY that this happened .. CAUSE ALMOST EVERYTHING That could go wrong went wrong and YES there were Bad breaks but the team needs this to happen to remember how it feels and make them sick...

I am awesome!!! ;)