Game Thread | New York vs. Canadiens | 01/06/07

Spider-Man NL

FEAR.

That's what's going through the head of Koivu right now. A very short time before he's supposed to be cleared completely of the cancer he's sick as a dog - and I'm going to make the educated guess that the last time he was this sick was on the flight to Montreal before the 2001 season.

For anything to hold this guy out of the lineup - it has to be big.

Chances are it's just the flu, but... what poor timing. Pray, touch wood, do whatever supersticious or religious thing you need to, but let's hope that Saku is puking his guts out because he's sick as a dog and nothing else. Hell, if it's the flu, I'll be happy to see him get hit worse than anyone else on the team and miss tomorrow and the games next week rather than have it be the other.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a tough game lol. Koivu is out so I guess Grabs or will be playing second line center. Pleks playing first line center lol? If they can win this game it will be huge, but it doesn't look good. This is a great chance for Kovy and Sammy to be the go to guys on this team

Just saw and heard Carbo give an interview to CBC Koivu and Lats game down with the flu this morning the remaining guys will be short shifted as they are still suffering from flu symptoms...

keep praying for our boys... its GAME TIME..

GO HABS GO!

PUCK Drop now!

Grabs is playing with KOvy and Sammy.. here come the Russians.. GO HABS GO!

Wow, talk about a weak lineup. We only have one offensive center (Koivu) and now we have none. Pleks on the first line is a sign of how little depth this team has up the middle. :(

In any case, this is the sort of game where lap and grab need to show there stuff. The rest of the regulars need to step it up today. Kovy needs to be at his best, and Abby is going to have to stand on his head today.

Let's just hope some of them feel better tomorrow.

So who's sitting?? Bonk? and pleks taking his spot on 3rd line?

Koivu & Lats sick, downey scratched. Plekanec is playing with higgins and ryder.

Cullen makes it 1-0 rags..

Oh look, Rivet was the defenseman on that goal. At least boo boo made it back to the guy. :(

I sure hope they don't try to play too defensively today, they need the young guns flying to have any chance. So far, all Rangers. :(