Habs moved Lapierre and Grabovski

JoeLassister

I'm pumped to see how Grabovski does with his first taste of NHL action. I'm hoping he can prove to be our missing #2 center and that Lapierre can keep his spot this time.

I'm pumped to see how Grabovski does with his first taste of NHL action. I'm hoping he can prove to be our missing #2 center and that Lapierre can keep his spot this time.

Maybe Gainey could be forced to trade Plek soon... who knows??? but let's be kind with Plek he's nice.

Maybe Gainey could be forced to trade Plek soon... who knows??? but let's be kind with Plek he's nice.

that doesn't mean a trade is coming but It'll at least give grabovsky some NHL action. both players should be on the 4th line if they play so there's no point getting too excited here.

I think they may be looking at various prospects to decide who they want to keep and who they are willing to trade at the deadline. I doubt that they would deal Maxim Lapierre, given his performance in Montreal and his local following. But Grabovski and Kostitsyn will be called up to showcase them for other teams, not with any long term interest.

That would be an incredible mistake. Plex still has a very high upside. Let's not mistake his production under expectations as a sign of limited abilities. That entire line is performing under expectations and Samsonov and Kovalev are the prime culprits. Oftentimes Plex is the only one on that line that even tries to do things.

It took more years for much more hyped centers to earn their stripes and produce offensively or peaking: McDonald, Langkow, Savard, Briere, etc.

That would be an incredible mistake. Plex still has a very high upside. Let's not mistake his production under expectations as a sign of limited abilities. That entire line is performing under expectations and Samsonov and Kovalev are the prime culprits. Oftentimes Plex is the only one on that line that even tries to do things.

It took more years for much more hyped centers to earn their stripes and produce offensively or peaking: McDonald, Langkow, Savard, Briere, etc.

B) i agree.

i'm pumped for these habs games the weekend!! :P

Habs are calling 2 centres... and considering none of the current centre are actually sick

this move is... interesting! I agree with those of you who think this could be a showcase move by Gainey...

So what could be the line-up?

Here's my guess:

Higgins - Koivu - Perezhogin

Samsonov - Grabovski - Kovalev

Johnson - Bonk - Lapierre

xxxxx - Plekanec - Latendresse

(with xxxx being Ryder/Murray/Downey whoever is feeling better)

1. Don't want to separate the Higgins-Koivu and Johnson-Bonk pairs

2. Let see if the russians can generate some magic together

3. I wouldn't put Lapierre and Grabovski on the same line because their combined lack of NHL experience could be fatal

Canadiens' press release, at 7:30 Friday evening:

Montreal Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey announced today that centremen Maxim Lapierre and Mikhail Grabovski have been recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League.

This is the third time this season that Lapierre, 21, has been recalled by the Canadiens. In four games with the team, he collected four points, including three goals (3-1-4) and posted a plus/minus rating of +5. The 6’2’’, 197-pound forward, a native of Saint-Leonard, scored a goal in each of his last three games with the Canadiens, including the game-winner in a 5-2 victory in Buffalo, on December 19. In 32 games with the Bulldogs this season, Lapierre, a Canadiens’ 2nd round draft pick (61st overall) in 2003, has registered 9 goals and 12 assists for a total of 21 points. He totaled 55 penalty minutes and posted a plus/minus rating of +7.

Grabovski, 22, is playing in his first season in the American Hockey League. Before Friday’s contest, the native of Potsdam, East Germany, held third place among Bulldogs’ scorers with 28 points, including 10 goals (10-18-28), in 35 games with the Bulldogs. The 5’11’’, 183-pound forward has totaled 14 penalty minutes and has posted a plus/minus rating of +6. Grabovski, the Canadiens’ 4th pick (150th overall) in 2004, has yet to play a game in the NHL.

Nice to see we've got so many solid kids on the farm. Hope they'll come thru with their high energy game.

IMO He hasn't proven himself at the NHL level yet.

he has 4 points in the last ten games. not impressed at all.

If he plays like that all the time Grabovski gonna take Plek place on the second line.

He is looking bigger than i expected and dribbled the puck well... he doesn't get rid of the puck like most of our players do.

I like it...

Sorry but with Grabovski and Lapierre ( who BOTH have a bigger impact on a hockey game) Plex is nothing but a good value player to trade for the next season or maybe in 2 years.

BUT... if Grabovski do not play like this every games, habs will need a better 2nd line center.

And for the black part of the quote : :huh: Oftentimes Plex is the one who ruins the chance to score.

I like Plex, but not as much as the Grabovski i saw today...

Go Habs Go Keep Lapierre on the team OUT Murray

I like Plex, but not as much as the Grabovski i saw today...

He's a great player (I missed the game, though I've seen him play live in other training camp), but he's only played 1 game for us so far. Though I'm really excited about this guy.

grabovski definitely wasnt out of sink with sammy n kovy.. i'd even go as far as to say it was our BEST line this past weekend. Lapierre was disappointing cause his back-checking only goes up to da hash marks... anything below he wont go there.. and resulted in 2 goals for da opposition

There are too many sick players though...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/220466.html

Hope that Grabovski will be amazing right now!!!!!

HABS RULES !!!!

the guy's even wowing yvon pedneault (who's a very critical guy)... the kid's got talent

i can remember a pre-season game between the baby leafs and the baby canadiens... the baby leafs announcers were amazed by grabovsky... they coulnd't understand where the canadiens scouting system dug him up! there were even comments of jealousy...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1