Game Thread | Devils vs. Canadiens | 01/06/07

Spider-Man NL

Exactly BTH

Everybody gets so negative when we play poorly, and it is frustrating to watch.

But this is not the same team as the Therrien, Julien teams that were essentialy

totally overmatched against the top 10 teams in the league and we watched and

hoped to survive and somehow steal wins.

This team has alot of talent but is being outworked. But that can and will be fixed.

Would you rather be Toronto with less talent who works really hard every game and

does not have the offensive talent to finish and has a sieve blowing easy shots and

breaking their backs.

Carbo and the rest of his staff will get it right. We also have tons of chips to play at the

deadline to improve our roster for the final run.

If we double up our first half record we would finish with 102 points. That would be our best

record since 93. I do not understand the expectations of fans expecting 100 point seasons when we have only had 1 since 1989. We have been patient for 10 years and this is the beginning of the ascent

to the top of the league.

We have talent on the NHL roster, we have guys playing out of their mind who in October 2005 we had no expectations of in Huet and Higgins. But instead there is whining about what we are not.

What we are not is as good as Buffalo or Anaheim...yet.

In 3 months that could change though. A trade, a call up, a hot streak...ya never know.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's showing you that every team loses and goes through slumps. If we never go through any slumps all year, we'd be the best team in the league. Clearly we are not the best team in the league, so losing 3 in a row doesn't instantly qualify us as a poor team. Just as a struggling team or a team going through a poor stretch.

And why is Huet playing amazing and having the league's best special teams a bad thing? During the playoffs, these are the things that are going to matter.

let's be good fans here folks. the guys are puking on the locker room, and a bunch of knuckleheads in the crowd are booing them for their performance against one of the best defensive teams in hockey.

yes they're slumping. and yes folks have the right to their opinion. here's mine: if we're going to pretend to be the classiest/most knowledgable fans in sports, we should act it.

the most vocal pessimists tend to be those who know the least amount about hockey. again, only one man's opinion.

As I said in another thread - if what we're seeing are the 'REAL' Habs, and the rest of the season has been an overachieving fluke, then please explain how this is, given that Kovalev, Ryder, Samsonov, Begin, and even Markhov played WAY below what can reasonably be expected of them for good chunks of the first half. Who, exactly, apart from maybe Souray, has been 'overachieving' all season long?

These aren't the real Habs. The guys who went 23-10, with a good chunk of their core playing below par - they are.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I feel bad for those who had to wake up early on a wonderful sunny afternoon Sunday to head over downtown and watch the habs beated once again! To make it worst by a shutout ... btw that is including me & friends!!! >.< Thanks to the big flu perhaps. Very disappointing...

let's be good fans here folks. the guys are puking on the locker room, and a bunch of knuckleheads in the crowd are booing them for their performance against one of the best defensive teams in hockey.

yes they're slumping. and yes folks have the right to their opinion. here's mine: if we're going to pretend to be the classiest/most knowledgable fans in sports, we should act it.

the most vocal pessimists tend to be those who know the least amount about hockey. again, only one man's opinion.

did you quote my post to back it up or to use it as an example of a negative post? Because my post was a positive one, as are almost all of them.

Yes there have been some suprises and dissapointments so far at the halfway point of this season. The special teams have been a huge suprise while the 5-5 play has been terrible. Goaltending has been great, and the defense very good, but goal scoring from forwards, other then the first line has been non exsistant.

Ultimatley the question has to be asked. Can this team win in the playoffs (when healthy) with the current squad. And the answer is probably no. If they stay in the top 4 clubs with home ice advantage in the first round they probably get through. But if they have to play Buffalo or New Jersey in the second round, or even Carolina or Ottawa this tema probably isn't good enough.

This team requires some changes. Once the team gets healthy again (from the flu), maybe they get a week or two to get back to playing well, but with the early trade deadline, Bob will be hard pressed to come up with a deal to make this team better, but thats probably what needs to be done. This last week has certainly shown that this team needs a wakeup call.

Yeah I know I'm good...too bad I couldn't have predicted a win for the Habs. Now If I can only go 2 for 2 and they get rid of Samsonov's useless carcass I will be a happy man. In the mean time they need to break the 2 Russians up because they have ZERO chemistry together. They both want the puck and neither can finish. Put Kovy with Saku together once and for all because that is the only player that Kovalev has ever played well with since he got here. Throw Perezhogin or Latendress on there. Have Higgins centering Ryder and Samsonov (till he gets traded) and put Pleks on the wing on the third line. Carbo has to do something to shake up this team because it is just pathetic 5 on 5...even before this current slide.

Genius, at least someone else around here see's what needs to happen. Those line changes would be fantastic, and should happen ASAP.