Game Thread | Devils vs. Canadiens | 01/06/07

Spider-Man NL

I can't stand watching Ryder anymore, does he do anything right?

He turns the puck over every time he touches it or takes 50 foot shots that have no chance of going in on Brodeur.

Seriously, Does Carbo watch him at all? The guy should go back to the ECHL.

It's time for BG to swing a deal, package Ryder and Aebischer for something, maybe send them to Carolina for their cheerleaders.

Only if Samsonov goes too

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't we let Julien coach the habs with this system. What a schooling!!!

Cuz then we'd all fall asleep rather than watch the games?

Why does TSN have to wait till the Habs play the boringest team in the history of sport before I get to see them on TV? Hate those devils.

I can't stand watching Ryder anymore, does he do anything right?

He turns the puck over every time he touches it or takes 50 foot shots that have no chance of going in on Brodeur.

Seriously, Does Carbo watch him at all? The guy should go back to the ECHL.

It's time for BG to swing a deal, package Ryder and Aebischer for something, maybe send them to Carolina for their cheerleaders.

The Hurricanes' girls are nowheres near as hot as the Lightning's cheerleaders (I had the grave misfortune of being at the Habs game in TB last week).

Everybody not wearing a face mask skates tomorrow. 7 AM.

Does that Apply to Perezhogin too? :lol:

Just Kidding

PS: I got an idea for Brodeur's success...He seems to cheat on his wives with their sisters...

So a solution would be: Find an attractive MTL girl who is STD infested and somehow get her to seduce him into sex...His career will be ruined hahaha....

I really do hate Brodeur when he plays Montreal that much....

But the Devils didn't win this game because of Brodeur's goaltending...They won because Montreal played 60 minutes of garbage hockey

Edited by justintb

Well atleast Huet and the 3 rookies earned there paycheck today.

Everyone else should ashamed of themselves for collecting money after that effort. Funny how everyone bashing Ryder tonight, he had a high sticking penalty. Other then that he played just like the rest of them. Souray was brutal in his end tonight, top line pathetic again.

Watching seems like the old habs the last 1o years, skating around and getting a check.

Hey Justin, how about the HABS show up and play hard and beat him. That may work a little better.

Yeah, he's saying that Huet should have been atleast 2nd star (instead of the 3rd star he was awarded). He's agreeing with you.

Well atleast Huet and the 3 rookies earned there paycheck today.

Everyone else should ashamed of themselves for collecting money after that effort. Funny how everyone bashing Ryder tonight, he had a high sticking penalty. Other then that he played just like the rest of them. Souray was brutal in his end tonight, top line pathetic again.

Watching seems like the old habs the last 1o years, skating around and getting a check.

Hey Justin, how about the HABS show up and play hard and beat him. That may work a little better.

Problem is Ryder plays like that EVERY GAME.

Sure wish that tsn did have cheerleaders; listening to Healey and watching the devil play shutdown hockey really pissed me off today. Well, lets pray for Bonk's recovery and our habs back to full strength for tuesday.

GO habs GO!

Well...shutout again by Brodeur and the Devils.

We can roll out all the excuses we want, but clearly we are a poor hockey team. Had a fast start, but other teams have obviously figured us out.

And before people mention the flu, did we have the flu v. Boston? TB? Fla? etc etc.

Huet and...a bunch of dudes.

I figure it will take at least another week of losing, probably until we slip to 6th or so in conference.

Are we better than Boston? Do Savard and Bergeron want to come home?

It's gonna be ugly , Habs never do well against the Devils and now they're sick and all. 3 - 0 Jersey only because huet stands on his head.

Yeah I know I'm good...too bad I couldn't have predicted a win for the Habs. Now If I can only go 2 for 2 and they get rid of Samsonov's useless carcass I will be a happy man. In the mean time they need to break the 2 Russians up because they have ZERO chemistry together. They both want the puck and neither can finish. Put Kovy with Saku together once and for all because that is the only player that Kovalev has ever played well with since he got here. Throw Perezhogin or Latendress on there. Have Higgins centering Ryder and Samsonov (till he gets traded) and put Pleks on the wing on the third line. Carbo has to do something to shake up this team because it is just pathetic 5 on 5...even before this current slide.

It is not obvious we are a poor team, WTF??

Anaheim has lost 5 of 6.

San Jose is coming of a December stretch where they won 2 of 7.

Carolina the defending champ was coming off losing 4 of 5 to go with a 4 game losing streak at the beginning of December

Nashville lost 4 of 5 in early december

NJ lost 4 in a row in November and lost 4 of 5 in December.

I guess they are all poor teams as well. Hockey seasons last 82 games.

You have winning streaks and you have losing streaks. That is what happens.

What did you think of this team when they ripped off 5 in a row?

What about last year when they ripped off 9 in a row. The same season in which they

lost 10 of 14.

Give me a break. Unless you were misguided enough to belive they were going to finish with 110 pts

This is reality. They are a flawed team with a bright future.

We will be watching out for you when you are repairing your ankles long enough to jump back on the wagon.

Streaks happen, unless you are an elite team like the old Oilers, Habs and Pens.

Edited by Wamsley01

Ha ha, I presume the ankle quip was aimed at me. It's been a long bandwagon, been running smooth since the early 70's. Haven't ever thought of jumping off.

Frankly I could give a toss about other teams' streaks. I'm concerned with one team, playing poorly now. You could argue that we have been playing poorly 5 on 5 all season, but an exceptional goaltender and an excellent PP almost always bails us out. Perhaps you think that is ok, and hope that our goalie won't tire come playoff time, and somehow teams won't continue dominating us 5 on 5.

Or somehow losing is ok, because Anaheim lost some games.

Last year is, er, over. By all reports there hasn't been much effort being put out - though that can partially be explained by flu, a big part of it can't (does everybody have the flu?). The Bruins comment was in jest, but really, keep thinking we are an excellent team.

I agree with you on the future, though, as long as the future holds getting rid of Ryder, Samsonov, Rivet, Ninimaa.

Ha ha, I presume the ankle quip was aimed at me. It's been a long bandwagon, been running smooth since the early 70's. Haven't ever thought of jumping off.

Frankly I could give a toss about other teams' streaks. I'm concerned with one team, playing poorly now. You could argue that we have been playing poorly 5 on 5 all season, but an exceptional goaltender and an excellent PP almost always bails us out. Perhaps you think that is ok, and hope that our goalie won't tire come playoff time, and somehow teams won't continue dominating us 5 on 5.

Or somehow losing is ok, because Anaheim lost some games.

Last year is, er, over. By all reports there hasn't been much effort being put out - though that can partially be explained by flu, a big part of it can't (does everybody have the flu?). The Bruins comment was in jest, but really, keep thinking we are an excellent team.

I agree with you on the future, though, as long as the future holds getting rid of Ryder, Samsonov, Rivet, Ninimaa.

He's showing you that every team loses and goes through slumps. If we never go through any slumps all year, we'd be the best team in the league. Clearly we are not the best team in the league, so losing 3 in a row doesn't instantly qualify us as a poor team. Just as a struggling team or a team going through a poor stretch.

And why is Huet playing amazing and having the league's best special teams a bad thing? During the playoffs, these are the things that are going to matter.