How's the weather near you?

Pierre the Great

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weather's very variable... very cold to mild to very cold to mild... weird...

and not much snow at all (lots of time for lots of snow yet, though...)

GO :hlogo: GO!

COLD ENOUGH YET??

Where are all the global warming people now?? They seem to have disappeared off my TV once it hit -30. Im sure that snake david suzuki will be back in april or something.

Well, I recall having double digit temperatures in the first 2 weeks of January 07. Right now, it's -20C. This is the temperature it should be by mid-December.

The fact that winter is now starting much, much later, is not a sign of global warming? Perhaps it is not, but it is a sign of something irregular at work.

We're having a wonderful winter weather here in Västerås, Sweden. During the day it was sunny and a clear blue sky, a little windy, but a beautiful day nevertheless. This evening I went to a floorball game, it's about a ten-minute bike ride. I think it was -8.5°C. Exactly the kind of winter weather I prefer.

Grey, cloudy days, rain, tawing snow, that's no winter for a Viking. If you go outside and you don't have icicles in your beard when you get back inside, then it's not winter. ^_^

The warm spell was caused be El nino, a well documented cycle of ocean currents. Not some ambiguous "global warming" (seriously, what does that even mean?) phenomina.

My newphew Nino, 3,5 years old, is known for melting hearts, not snow. B)

last year, we had no snow worth mentioning but, as soon as february hit, we got beaned with a bunch of storms... will it be the same this year? i don't know... we'll see

GO :hlogo: GO!

• 2 weeks later...

No i go by car. When i really hit it, and its not to busy on the roads i get there in 1hour 15 minutes.(thats near the exit of the highway) I live on the other side of the country. But this time i had to be in the middle of amsterdam. That will take some more time. But im almost sure i cancell this one (Clap your hands say year, it's called). Most trains are out, and the roads are kinda slippery and also very full.

My tires on the front arent the best, and i dont have winter tires.(and dont have the money to buy them)

Most times i have a concert about every month. This month i got 2. In november i had 2 in one week :D

Oh I forgot tiny little country you've got. How fast would it be by train though?

That will be 2 hours, with the intercity. But those trains got pulled out today, only stoppers. (they stop at every little trainstation). So it would take longer..

Yeah holland is tiny. Amsterdam is totally in the middle of holland,and than completely in the west. I live on the same height, but then completely east! Near the german border. For concerts i live in the wrong part of holland, those are almost every time in the big city's in the west. (at least 75% of the good concerts)

It's been very cold here lately. Yesterday it was really freezing, but the sky was clear and the sun was shining, so it was a beautiful day. I walked first to the university and bought me a new bag, then I continued downtown, all in all a pretty long walk by my standards (probably not as long for normal people) but the weather was just so great that I couldn't resist. Besides, I was in no rush and I didn't feel it was worth it to pay busfare for the initial short trip to the U, and I figured that it was an even shorter walk from the U to downtown Västerås, so I figured "what the heck?", you know.

I took the bus home though. When I got back inside I got very tired, getting out of the cold.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

I am, but you know, when we had no snow and cold during the Christmas holidays and suddenly it was mid January and still nothing, I shaved off my beard. Too soon, as it would turn out. :P

;)