Rumour floating up there

alexstream

from TSN

"Philadelphia Flyers: Troubled by groin and foot problems, Peter Forsberg didn't skate Sunday with the new insert in his right skate he was fitted with in Boston on Friday. Flyers trainer Jim McCrossin said Forsberg will be reevaluated today in Washington... Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren has denied he is considering a deal to send defenceman Joni Pitkanen to the Edmonton Oilers for left winger Raffi Torres and right winger Joffrey Lupul. But, it should be noted, there was an Oilers scout in the Ottawa press box. - Philadelphia Inquirer"

Gimme a break, If Pitkanen is available, I hope it'll take more than Torres and Lupul to pry him! :P

from TSN

"Philadelphia Flyers: Troubled by groin and foot problems, Peter Forsberg didn't skate Sunday with the new insert in his right skate he was fitted with in Boston on Friday. Flyers trainer Jim McCrossin said Forsberg will be reevaluated today in Washington... Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren has denied he is considering a deal to send defenceman Joni Pitkanen to the Edmonton Oilers for left winger Raffi Torres and right winger Joffrey Lupul. But, it should be noted, there was an Oilers scout in the Ottawa press box. - Philadelphia Inquirer"

Gimme a break, If Pitkanen is available, I hope it'll take more than Torres and Lupul to pry him! :P

hahaha just read the same thing a minute ago. !! pitkanen is their only mobile D man, I just don't see why philly would do such a move.

Hockeybuzz reported this a few days ago. Most people I have heard say Pitkanen has been awful and that the Oilers would be crazy to give up both Lupul and Torres. These comments are even coming from the Philly's press.

Hockeybuzz reported this a few days ago. Most people I have heard say Pitkanen has been awful and that the Oilers would be crazy to give up both Lupul and Torres. These comments are even coming from the Philly's press.

Quick, name one Flyer who hasn't been awful this season.

I'd have to agree. Torres and Lupul is too much for Pitkanen. He's good but not THAT good, I'd take Torres/Lupul any day of the week.

I'd have to agree. Torres and Lupul is too much for Pitkanen. He's good but not THAT good, I'd take Torres/Lupul any day of the week.

Pitkanen would be much better if he did not have to play with all the dead weight in Philly. As of right now I believe Edmonton might have the worst overall dee in the league so they would pay a price for a premier defender which Pitkanen is. But honeslty I do not see either team making this deal.

Quick, name one Flyer who hasn't been awful this season.

Actually, I'd say Nittymääki has not been awful. Might seem to be a contradiction in terms, considering that his stats are probably awful... but when I have seen the Flyers this season, he's the only one who has played (relatively) well.

Good Dmen come at a price, but lupul and torres...thats a bit much, hell, id love any of those guys on the habs, it would be like us giving latendresse and Ryder for Joni

Hey Philly looks like there sellers right now, theres a few pieces i wouldnt mind getting out of them

Actually, I'd say Nittymääki has not been awful. Might seem to be a contradiction in terms, considering that his stats are probably awful... but when I have seen the Flyers this season, he's the only one who has played (relatively) well.

Good Dmen come at a price, but lupul and torres...thats a bit much, hell, id love any of those guys on the habs, it would be like us giving latendresse and Ryder for Joni

Hey Philly looks like there sellers right now, theres a few pieces i wouldnt mind getting out of them

Like Joni? ^_^

If Philadelphia makes that trade, then Paul Holmgren better update his resume and start looking for a new job. Pitkanen is one of the few bright spots on that bad Flyers club. He's a franchise type player, and if any team moves such a player away they better be getting back a high value. Lupul isn't bad, and Torres is ok. This type of trade would haunt the Flyers the way the Joe Thornton trade is haunting the Bruins.

Joni................Pitkanens first name

If Philadelphia makes that trade, then Paul Holmgren better update his resume and start looking for a new job. Pitkanen is one of the few bright spots on that bad Flyers club. He's a franchise type player, and if any team moves such a player away they better be getting back a high value. Lupul isn't bad, and Torres is ok. This type of trade would haunt the Flyers the way the Joe Thornton trade is haunting the Bruins.

Trade doesn't make much sense for Philadelphia except that they get the value. Trading Pitkanen would be a crazy move for them though.

If anyone wants to listen for like 45 mins...I am stopping at 15 mins...but our most hated and most favorite rumour personalities debate who gets the better of this deal. It is Spector VS. Eklund.

(and for all the guys that say Spector is good and Eklund is BS...then know that Spectors respects Eklund and truly believes he has sources.)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=4765

No, he writes an online column for FoxSports.com though.

The thing about why people view him as more reliable is because he doesn't claim "inside" sources. He's a guy from the Maritimes who simply finds various newspaper or radio reports of possible trades and then offers his own analysis. He doesn't claim that they are from working the phones with NHL staff or anything outlandish like that.