Game Thread | Vancouver vs. Habs | 01/16/07

Spider-Man NL

canucks200.gifvrssign.gifmontreal200.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

canucks50.gif25-19-1 : 51 Points (7th in the Western Conference)

montreal50.gif25-16-5 : 55 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Vancouver

1050.gif# 1 Roberto Luongo (25-16-1), 2.47 GAA, .914 Save%

Montreal

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (17-9-3), 2.63 GAA, .923 Save%

Canucks Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Johnson - Koivu - Higgins
Samsonov - Lapierre - Kovalev
Latendresse - Lapierre - Ryder
Perezhogin - Murray - Streit

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Dandeneault - Bouillon

G.jpg
Cristobal Huet

MarkovVan.jpg

VigLinden.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& SportsnetP.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO!

POST GAME HEADLINE "HABS WIN! LES CANADIENS ARE BACK!"

GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO!

I've been anticipating this game for a while now. Hoping for a good game tomorrow guys. B)

GO CANUCKS GO! :clap:

I guess Lapierre (sp?) is playing so good he is officially centering our #2 & 3 lines. If he doesn't pot a goal with that amount of ice time I think that Carboneau will have to start re-thinking his strategies! :P

Go HABS go!

BTW, I'm at fault for the losing streak. Since I have been back in MTL we only won 1 game. But fear not, I am returning to Korea on wednesday, so we should be back on our winning ways in no time. (and I'm stuck listening to them win from net radio and little DL clips :( )

Another tough game. Vancouver is playing great hockey and Luongo is on the top of his game.

If Montreal plays like they did last night in Detroit, Montreal will be lucky to lose 2-0.

This team just does not instill any confidence in me right now.

I guess Lapierre (sp?) is playing so good he is officially centering our #2 & 3 lines. If he doesn't pot a goal with that amount of ice time I think that Carboneau will have to start re-thinking his strategies! :P

Go HABS go!

BTW, I'm at fault for the losing streak. Since I have been back in MTL we only won 1 game. But fear not, I am returning to Korea on wednesday, so we should be back on our winning ways in no time. (and I'm stuck listening to them win from net radio and little DL clips :( )

LOL that explains your avatar...love it :lol:

I hope montreal wins this one but I really don't think they will.

after he barked yesterday, the dog( carbo) needs to bite otherwise he'll lose alot of credibility.

bench a key vet, make a REAL statement carbo.

Someone more then Samsonov, although struggling he does hustle which i can't say for alot of the others.

I'd be satisfied with hustle for 60 minutes, it's a start.

hustle would mean going to the net when you don't that rubber thingy and go for rebounds.

he's a great skater though..perfect for the ice capades

I'd say Abby deserves another start. He was stellar last night. He didn't deserve a loss.

Ugh I don't know who to root for in this one. Canucks or Habs ugh!!!

Canucks are on a roll lately and the Habs haven't been. So I'm going to say.....

Canucks

Hmm, sounds like the definition of bandwagon to me...

I'd say Abby deserves another start. He was stellar last night. He didn't deserve a loss.

Hmm, sounds like the definition of bandwagon to me...

Nope not a bandwagon person. I follow both teams equally but I feel like I have more of a connection to Vancouver and to the Canucks then Montreal and the Canadiens.

Its complicated and kinda weird but thats how I feel. I've said countless of times a Canucks-Canadiens finals would be my dream scenario. But then I'd eventually lose interest like I did with the Red Sox and Cardinals world series because when that happened I didn't care who won and then lost complete interest in baseball.

So I guess I'm more of a Canucks fan then Canadiens fan. Thats not my fault, its easier to follow or know what the Canucks are doing in St Louis then the Habs due to the fact that the Blues are in the West.

Anyway its long and confusing and this is a game thread not Pierre's Reasons for things thread.

Nope not a bandwagon person. I follow both teams equally but I feel like I have more of a connection to Vancouver and to the Canucks then Montreal and the Canadiens.

Its complicated and kinda weird but thats how I feel. I've said countless of times a Canucks-Canadiens finals would be my dream scenario. But then I'd eventually lose interest like I did with the Red Sox and Cardinals world series because when that happened I didn't care who won and then lost complete interest in baseball.

So I guess I'm more of a Canucks fan then Canadiens fan. Thats not my fault, its easier to follow or know what the Canucks are doing in St Louis then the Habs due to the fact that the Blues are in the West.

Anyway its long and confusing and this is a game thread not Pierre's Reasons for things thread.

Get out.

Go :hlogo: go!

we play as a team

we play hard for the full 60 minutes

we are commited to short hard shifts

we will stay on the positive side of our emotions

we will outwork our opponents in special team situations

we recognize that solid team defense will help us create offense

we make the puck work for us

we play our game

Tricolore jusqu'au bout!

Bonne chance Cristo!