~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

That's kind of reassuring, because that's been happening to my friend's 360 the past few weeks. Perfectly clean discs freezing up or not being read in the first place. Sounds like this could be bad news for Microsoft if their systems are wearing out after two years.

It's old news, really. They've had trouble with their systems since day 1.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any news as to whether the newer consoles (e.g. mine) have been fixed to avoid this?

Microsoft has been using different components on the newer ones but theres still been a lot of problems reported. Even the Elite has had problems reported.

It's really hit and miss with the 360. My cousin got one at launch and he hasn't had a single problem while others have had to go through 3 or 4 consoles within a few months. Microsoft extended their warranty on it though to 5 years so you're pretty much covered for the life of the system. It's just whether you want to keep mailing you system to them back and forth anytime theres a problem.

That sucks for you guys. I've basically had no problems with my xbox besides the one day that Live just wouldn't work. Thank god it fixed itself. ^_^

I got NHL 08. Thought I'd say that much. Awesome game I must say. However Halo is still my number one game so Maca should get the game asap so I can own him asap. ;)

I haven't played anything NOT called Guitar Hero III since Sunday.

I've noticed.

I've noticed.

Yeah, they moved all those notifications (when people sign in and whatnot) into the top right corner so it doesn't interfere with the notes. Except I still end up looking out of the corner of my eye to see who it is and I end up missing a whole bunch of notes.

So if you sign in and I'm playing Guitar Hero 3, chances are good you just messed me up. :lol:

Yeah, they moved all those notifications (when people sign in and whatnot) into the top right corner so it doesn't interfere with the notes. Except I still end up looking out of the corner of my eye to see who it is and I end up missing a whole bunch of notes.

So if you sign in and I'm playing Guitar Hero 3, chances are good you just messed me up. :lol:

When you're on, I'll make sure I sign in and out for no reason. ;)

Bungie's put up some Halloween special game variants on live only for today. Some of them are pretty cool. I don't like it when the zombies ar invisible though unless of course, you're a zombie. :lol: Just for anyone who didn't know or even cares....

I haven't played anything NOT called Guitar Hero III since Sunday.

I tried Guitar Hero III on Friday at my friend's house. An upgrade on GH2, which was already good. I liked that they have a lot more well-known songs for this version and that the whole thing looks neater and cleaner.

Have you tried playing on Battle yet?

I tried Guitar Hero III on Friday at my friend's house. An upgrade on GH2, which was already good. I liked that they have a lot more well-known songs for this version and that the whole thing looks neater and cleaner.

Have you tried playing on Battle yet?

Nah, I haven't gone online yet. I almost did on Halloween because Hedley was on. I'm not a fan of theirs but it might've been cool nonetheless.

Nah, I haven't gone online yet. I almost did on Halloween because Hedley was on. I'm not a fan of theirs but it might've been cool nonetheless.

You don't have to go online to do Battle, you can do it on two-player. Instead of star player, certain notes give you "Battle tokens" if you hit them. When you lift the guitar, it sends some type of distraction or obstacle to the other guy's screen - one puts his guitar on lefty flip, another forces him to whammy until the thing goes away - so the guy misses all the notes, and just like on one player, you can fail the song if you do badly enough. So you're goal is to last as long as you can while sending the other guy crap that'll screw him up.

You don't have to go online to do Battle, you can do it on two-player. Instead of star player, certain notes give you "Battle tokens" if you hit them. When you lift the guitar, it sends some type of distraction or obstacle to the other guy's screen - one puts his guitar on lefty flip, another forces him to whammy until the thing goes away - so the guy misses all the notes, and just like on one player, you can fail the song if you do badly enough. So you're goal is to last as long as you can while sending the other guy crap that'll screw him up.

No, I know that but doing it against friends is even less likely.

You don't have to explain it, it's in single player too.

So Call of Duty 4 comes out today...

But I'm getting it for PC. :D

You should get Halo 3 while you're at it. :P

I would, but I'm out of work now and need to penny pinch until I can start collecting employment ensurance :D.

Nyce.... :P