~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you with an Xbox 360, i can say that Mass Effect is incredible.

It has it's issues but there has never been a game with the depth of storyline.

A must play.

My friend form work said the EXACT same thing: it's a great game but it has some issues.

Basically there's a learning curve and if you don't get it right away you end up re-playing a lot of parts and there's no way to skip the cut scenes. Anyway, that's what I've heard so far.

My dad rules.

He randomly went out and bought me Mass Effect. :D

I've heard the same thing about a learning curve though, extending anywhere from 3-5 hours which is incredible. Usually a learning curve shouldn't take more then half an hour. But it's still getting great reviews so I'll dive into this game tonight when I've got a chance.

My friend form work said the EXACT same thing: it's a great game but it has some issues.

Basically there's a learning curve and if you don't get it right away you end up re-playing a lot of parts and there's no way to skip the cut scenes. Anyway, that's what I've heard so far.

You can't skip them, but hitting X will jump through the dialogue.

And yes, there's a HUGE learning curve, but most RPGs take a while to master. I don't expect to be disappointed.

You can't skip them, but hitting X will jump through the dialogue.

And yes, there's a HUGE learning curve, but most RPGs take a while to master. I don't expect to be disappointed.

Well no, theres a lot of menus and stuff but it's nothing I haven't experienced before. I think they meant a 3 hour learning curve for casual gamers. I've already got the hang of it and I've played maybe an hour or two.

I'll just quote myself for ya, JMMR

Pro.

Halo is the same as the Pro, just in ugly camo green and unless you have an HDTV, the Elite is a waste of money. Pro gives you everything you need for a cheap price while the Core leaves some stuff out.

So without a doubt, Pro. Even if you've got HD, they' started adding HDMI capability to the Pro since August. It kinda boggles me why anyone would even bother with the other 3.

Which I shouldn't say because I bought the Core. It was all anyone had though and I didn't want to wait any longer for a 360.

Thanks a lot.

Also any suggestions of where I should buy it?

Well it's Christmas time so Futureshop should have a good Holiday Bundle

*checks*

Yep, You get Forza 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance with the Pro version for free. 400 bucks total, thats a pretty sweet deal. Both games are very good and if you don't like them, trade them in at EB for something you do want. Best Buy would probably be the same thing since they're the same company, essentially. Specialty stores might try and gouge you, IMO Futureshop is your best bet.

Well it's Christmas time so Futureshop should have a good Holiday Bundle

*checks*

Yep, You get Forza 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance with the Pro version for free. 400 bucks total, thats a pretty sweet deal. Both games are very good and if you don't like them, trade them in at EB for something you do want. Best Buy would probably be the same thing since they're the same company, essentially. Specialty stores might try and gouge you, IMO Futureshop is your best bet.

Sounds like the same bundle that's selling down here everywhere. You're getting gouged, though, at 400 bucks. They're selling it down here for 350. The exchange rate is pretty much one-to-one now, isn't it?

What's better? Xbox placed vertically or horizontal? (I already know what's technically better, but I'd see what people prefer, think, etc.).

Horizontal.

I started out vertical but the 360 doesn't use a slot loader and the disc kept falling out of the tray while I was playing and scratched up my games. Well, game. After it ruined Madden 07, I flipped it.

Sounds like the same bundle that's selling down here everywhere. You're getting gouged, though, at 400 bucks. They're selling it down here for 350. The exchange rate is pretty much one-to-one now, isn't it?

The exchange rate is but retailers haven't adjusted their prices yet, theres a big uproar about it right now. A few companies have adjusted (I think Sears and Canadian Tire have adjusted) but I'm still paying way more then Americans for video games.

Finished Oblivion today! Just about on time too, as I figured I'd kill it off by the end of November.

Now I can move onto Mass Effect and Halo 3. I still have Hitman and Splinter Cell which I've barely touched though. I might stick to those and wait for the other two games for Christmas maybe.

At least I have a few games to trade in if I decide to get something new though... :D.

Thing is if I have problems I have to mail it back to the US and not Canada if I buy it down there.

Well the Guitar in Rock Band is the same thing as Guitar Hero plus you can sing and play drums.

I'd assume Rock Band is better. The most I've done is enter a few contests. Even if I could get it now, I wouldn't. Mass Effect is just too bloody amazing. I can't decide between ME or Super Mario Galaxy for my GOTY, I'd have to call it a tie at this point.

Well the Guitar in Rock Band is the same thing as Guitar Hero plus you can sing and play drums.

I'd assume Rock Band is better. The most I've done is enter a few contests. Even if I could get it now, I wouldn't. Mass Effect is just too bloody amazing. I can't decide between ME or Super Mario Galaxy for my GOTY, I'd have to call it a tie at this point.

How many stars/grand stars do you have so far?

I've been taking my time with Mass Effect, but that's becoming more and more difficult as I progress. The game is simply captivating, mesmerizing and a treat to look at.

I've been taking my time with Mass Effect, but that's becoming more and more difficult as I progress. The game is simply captivating, mesmerizing and a treat to look at.

Hard to argue. I'm assuming you're doing all the side quests as well? A lot of people seem to be burning through the main storyline and then complaining how boring the game is. Then they argue there isn't as much action as in Halo games. Thats kind of not the point to Mass Effect.

Anyway, Mass Effect could very well enter my list of all-time favourite games. A list that hasn't really seen an entry since January 2005 when I played Resident Evil 4. Now I have to go play KOTOR ASAP, I entered the Xbox generation late and missed a whole bunch of quality titles like KOTOR.