~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Well it was just the 1st round today. Best one I've seen yet.

Tomorrow it's only going to get more fun. ^_^

Is the NHL Network showing the rest of the draft? I missed a lot of the first round since I had a bit of mini-crisis tonight but it didn't bother me since the Avs had no picks. I had to watch tonight as a Sens fan. I thought Karlsson was a nice pick but I was hoping Myers would drop to them. Nothing like replacing Zdeno Chara with Zdeno Chara.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the NHL Network showing the rest of the draft? I missed a lot of the first round since I had a bit of mini-crisis tonight but it didn't bother me since the Avs had no picks. I had to watch tonight as a Sens fan. I thought Karlsson was a nice pick but I was hoping Myers would drop to them. Nothing like replacing Zdeno Chara with Zdeno Chara.

Just saw this now.

Karlsson is a great pick IMO. These are the kinds of dmen you're going to need to be successful in today's NHL.

So I was wondering if we'd ever had a summer as good as the one coming up (You can't beat Ninja Gaiden II, Metal Gear Solid IV and Soulcalibur IV) so I decided to take a peek at wiki to see what other summers had been like. 2007 and 2008 turned out to be lightyears ahead of the other years, looks like June-August won't be a dead period anymore.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Persona 3

Bioshock

Metroid Prime 3

Blue Dragon

Lair

Warhawk

Ninja Gaiden 2

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

Metal Gear Solid IV

Alone In The Dark

Trauma centre 2

Soulcalibur IV

Too Human

Like I said, 2008 wins for now (depends on the quality of some of those other games. And I'm looking at you, Alone In The Dark) because Blue Dragon and Lair weren't what everyone was expecting them to be but if Too Human, AitD and DBZ all fail then 2007 could have the edge. Also, Fatal Frame IV has small rumors of a July appearence but the Fall is still more likely so I'm leaving it out for now. But games directed by Suda 51 are always full of epic win. I'm probably missing some, I only used wikipedia and noticed right off the bat they didn't have Killer 7 listed for 2005. It was a notable release to me anyway.

I'll apologize in advance to Stealth for knowing a nerdishly large amount about video games. :D

To recall a seriously old post now that most of these games are out, 2007 has the edge. Alone In The Dark has early reviews out and, like I expected, it failed. Burst Limit wasn't all it was cracked up to be either, I still prefer the Budokai Tenkaichi series. Soulcalibur IV I already assume is going to be incredible (rumors of Kratos being an exclusive character on the PS3 have popped up which is reminicsent of 2003 when all 3 versions had their own character. I'd assume someone like Master Chief or Marcus Fenix would appear for the 360. Thats on top of having Yoda and Darth Vader) so if Too Human, which has had a lot of extremely negative press for the last year or so, doesn't turn out to be a dud then 2008 could still end up being better.

The way I see it is:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma = Ninja Gaiden II

Persona 3 > Burst Limit (in all fairness though, I'm basing that on the FES version which actually came out this spring)

Bioshock < Metal Gear Solid IV (only slightly and only because I've gotten so emotionally involved in the MGS series. I beat the game tonight and no game has ever left me so emotionally satisfied. Please don't even touch this game if you haven't played the first three though)

Blue Dragon > Alone In The Dark (both had a bunch of hype but Dragon was still atleast moderately good)

Which leaves a fair comparison between Too Human and Lair. Both games had high expecations, were delayed continuously and then got more and more negative press as the release date got closer. Lair bombed, if Too Human doesn't then I'd give the edge to 2008.

Yes it's me.

Hmm, so what's the deal with KungFu? Is it that bad?

It's a game based on a movie (strike one) directed at 5 year olds (strike two)

I mean, apparently the gameplay is alright but I'm willing to bet it's not challenging at all and doesn't take more then an hour to beat. I'm not sure why anyone over the age of 10 would want to waste their time.

And Gun was boring Maca, I didn't like it. I hope you got Lost used or something.

Edited by jetsniper

Got both GUN and LOST used from EB. GUN was only 15$ so I'm not too worried about gameplay...

Also, the guy working @ EB said the funniest shit when I was buying LOST. He said that he's a HUGE fan of the show, but the game had to be the worst he's ever played. He also told me to play through it and bring it back in to exchange for another game within 7 days because it's so bad.

Haha, I did the Lost game on GameFly. Definitely glad I didn't pay for it, but didn't feel like I wasted my time. It was kind of cool wandering around in areas of the stations we hadn't seen on the show. The one thing I really enjoyed were the circuit puzzles, especially the more difficult ones. I liked the idea of the photo scenes, but some were just annoying trying to get the right shot. But yeah, not a good game overall, probably intolerable for someone who doesn't watch the show. Then again, if you don't watch the show, why play the game? Worst part for me were the voice actors. Locke sounded like a native American or something.

The worst part was definitely the ending. That was the one thing that almost made me regret playing. At least it provided a good laugh when I told my mom that the game was just as annoying as the show. They just love creating more questions, just for the hell of it.

It's a game based on a movie (strike one) directed at 5 year olds (strike two)

I mean, apparently the gameplay is alright but I'm willing to bet it's not challenging at all and doesn't take more then an hour to beat. I'm not sure why anyone over the age of 10 would want to waste their time.

*lol* Aren't you the guys who're playing Pokemon and such games? ^_^

Just need some jump&run for my gf and me ... so I don't need any challenging games. :P

*lol* Aren't you the guys who're playing Pokemon and such games? ^_^

Oh my god, please don't tell me you compared Kung Fu Panda to Pokemon. A movie game or a good intro JRPG? Yeah, like the comparison even comes close. Theres a degree of challenge and strategy to Pokemon at least. It was the ensuing media blitz that made Pokemon for kids, not the games. You don't see anyone complaining Dragon Warrior Monsters is kiddie. Pokemon wouldn't be the second best selling franchise of all time (selling 175 million units) if it was made for kids.

Just need some jump&run for my gf and me ... so I don't need any challenging games. :P

Then go buy freaking Psychonauts or Jet Set Radio Future or something (or even Beyond Good And Evil!). Theres plenty of good platformers out there where you don't need to waste money on a movie game.

WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA

Playstation 3 firmware update 2.4 is out on Wednesday! YES!

PS3 is almost gonna have the same features as the 360 now (trophies, in-game XMB, new in-game music player). I've been waiting for this update forever! Yay!

Oh my god, please don't tell me you compared Kung Fu Panda to Pokemon. A movie game or a good intro JRPG? Yeah, like the comparison even comes close. Theres a degree of challenge and strategy to Pokemon at least. It was the ensuing media blitz that made Pokemon for kids, not the games. You don't see anyone complaining Dragon Warrior Monsters is kiddie. Pokemon wouldn't be the second best selling franchise of all time (selling 175 million units) if it was made for kids.

Come on, all those Pokemon games are as childish as KungFuPanda is ... :lol: Dragon warrior monsters ... wow, doesn't sound childish at all ... ^_^

I don't care if a game is childish, it should be fun to play ... I'm not a guy who needs those super cool, realistic games. Just play a few hours a week or sometimes don't play for weeks. So I prefer games where I don't have to learn thousands of controls, etc. :)

And LOST is done. Can't believe I messed up one of the achievements tho... and as far as I know there's no way to go back and replay a specific mission. Oh well, It would have been at least something if I had 1000 points, but I'll settle with the 980, lol.

I love you Maca, someone else to talk about Fable 2 with. Fable was a little disappointing but was still a solid game. Fable 2 looks like it's going to be amazing.

Did you know Street Fighter is going to get a full blown sequel with Street Figher IV? EGM reported it last fall or something. I started watching some old EVO matches and I still go crazy whenever I see the Daigo Vs Justin Wong matchup of 2004.

He parried the whole. damn. thing. Absolutely sick. And I always forget this point but it was with basically no health at all and he somehow comes back to win. Killer.

Edited by jetsniper