~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome - but knowing EA - it's going to be buggy as hell still.

Of course but it's a first try so it's to be expected. At least it shows they're trying, with all the praise 08 received they could've done nothing at all and still sold a ton of copies.

True but you have got to love the concept ... wonder if your team can trade you ! haha ... one day you sign in to your xbox and it says your traded to a crappy team from russia and they only speak russian :lol:

also the only problem I see is how to always get your team to show up to play games ... what if a few guys are missing ?

Well theres no GM or anything, it's just you and 5 friends so I down there will be trading or free agency or anything. I could see them using CPU for the guys that are missing and not having that player earn any experience points but the more likely scenario is you just won't be able to play without all 6 players.

We'll steal Jets laces ^_^

But then your goalie will suck!

I did end up getting SCIV tonight but I haven't touched it yet. I might give it a quick run through before I go to bed but probably won't actually touch it till tomorrow morning.

I did trade in games again too, I need more storage space so I'm clearing out all the games I've beaten. So I can't play Halo 3 anymore. >_> It was probably doubtful I was ever going to go online again much anyway since Stealth is barely around anymore and he was the reason I played Halo online in the first place.

Well I knew this beforehand but it still made me laugh.

Beat SCIV's story mode in 10 minutes. Each character has their own story though and it's a fighting game so it's not exactly built for solo-player (albeit Soul Calibur II had great solo and multiplayer, it's still probably the best in the series). I have a few problems with including Star Wars characters but not enough to take away from the game. What I've played so far seems pretty solid, looking at a rough 8.5-9 score I'd say.

Beat SCIV's story mode in 10 minutes. Each character has their own story though and it's a fighting game so it's not exactly built for solo-player (albeit Soul Calibur II had great solo and multiplayer, it's still probably the best in the series). I have a few problems with including Star Wars characters but not enough to take away from the game. What I've played so far seems pretty solid, looking at a rough 8.5-9 score I'd say.

Sounds like fun. :P

As for when I get back up, I have no idea. It's no fun beating my imaginary friend Bo Bo countless times at a game of blank screen Halo. I tried to run away with my uncle's xbox yesterday since he never uses it but, no luck. :D

I got it also, the story mode takes 10 min, but the tower is where the fun is lol, these guys just get more and more tough. Online you always get these cheap people who do the same move countless times :puke: but other then that the game is great, but i agree SCII was the best one, i own it on gamecube and love it.

Edited by koivu-11

I got it also, the story mode takes 10 min, but the tower is where the fun is lol, these guys just get more and more tough. Online you always get these cheap people who do the same move countless times :puke: but other then that the game is great, but i agree SCII was the best one, i own it on gamecube and love it.

You get owned when you play online right? ;)

My boss is telling me SC2 was killer - and this one isn't as good. Still I'll probably pick it up since I own zero fight games (other than Fight Night: Round 3... but that's not the same).

My boss is telling me SC2 was killer - and this one isn't as good. Still I'll probably pick it up since I own zero fight games (other than Fight Night: Round 3... but that's not the same).

Yeah, SC2 probably ranks in the 9.5-9 range. IV is a good game but it's definitely not as good as II BUT it's much better then III. I thought making III an exclusive was a bit of a mistake and apparently Namco agreed. Although I rank Soul Edge kind of high too just because I wasted a lot of weekends at the arcade playing it.

Nostalgia FTW. I've been lucky that my main has appeared in every single game, haha.

Sounds like fun. :P

As for when I get back up, I have no idea. It's no fun beating my imaginary friend Bo Bo countless times at a game of blank screen Halo. I tried to run away with my uncle's xbox yesterday since he never uses it but, no luck. :D

Hey, if you're ready in time for NHL 09 then we're good.

You're my motivator for going online, I need you back. :lol:

Got SCIV today - pretty sweet game. Already completed a couple of Story modes and 1x Arcade mode. Pretty short stuff, but with so many characters, I can see how the game remains entertaining. 0-2 in ranked play tho so far... I think I need more practice.

Jets, do you have it for X360 or PS3?

Got SCIV today - pretty sweet game. Already completed a couple of Story modes and 1x Arcade mode. Pretty short stuff, but with so many characters, I can see how the game remains entertaining. 0-2 in ranked play tho so far... I think I need more practice.

SW characters didn't matter much to me so I got it for the console where I have a bigger friends list.

When i get my Xbox back from Microsoft * Damn Ring of fire ! * well play online lol

im 18-16 something like that, most people i seen online dont have a winning percentage higher then 54

Yeh, Lag is the great online equalizer. :D

When i get my Xbox back from Microsoft * Damn Ring of fire ! * well play online lol

My friend from work just got Red Ringed today RIIIGHT after buying SCIV with me today. It killed his system.

My friend from work just got Red Ringed today RIIIGHT after buying SCIV with me today. It killed his system.

It sucks, but the service to get your new 360 is pretty good these days. I RRODed about a month ago. I called support that day, received my shipping box the next day and shipped it out that same day. I had my "new" 360 5 days later, which included a weekend. It certainly isn't the hassle it used to be, but boy did I find out how much I was dependent on my console over those 5 days. I almost had to resort to reading! Books!

• 2 weeks later...
Thats basically what its doing for me right now. I don't really like paying $2 for songs I only sorta like too. I mean, I don't hate the music they're releasing, I do enjoy listening to a lot of them. It's just not the kind of music I see and think "Holy crap, I gotta play this right now". After playing Rock Band to death for January and February, it gets maybe one session per month.

If I do a quick look over of the DLC, not counting that Who album, theres 13 songs I want. So the RB DLC isn't exactly screaming "Play me" right now.

It's been about a month since I had this discussion and every week since this post, there has been at least one song released for Rock Band that I really, really want.

So if anyone wants anything from EA, let me know. They care what I think.

new team in NHL 09 for Montreal

suposed to be the strongest team in the game (Ya think?)

C

Jacques Lemaire

Jean Béliveau

Howie Morenz

Henri Richard

RW

Maurice Richard

Bernard Geoffrion

Yvan Cournoyer

Guy Lafleur

LW

Bob Gainey

Steve Shutt

Toe Blake

Richardie Moore

D

Larry Robinson

Guy Lapointe

Émile Bouchard

Jacques Laperrière

Doug Harvey

Serge Savard

G

Jacques Plante

Patrick Roy

Ken Dryden

A tribute to the 100 years of the team.

RW

Maurice Richard

Bernard Geoffrion

Yvan Cournoyer

Guy Lafleur

LW

Bob Gainey

Steve Shutt

Toe Blake

Dickie Moore

C

Jacques Lemaire

Jean Béliveau

Howie Morenz

Henri Richard

D

Larry Robinson

Guy Lapointe

Émile Bouchard

Jacques Laperrière

Doug Harvey

Serge Savard

G

Jacques Plante

Patrick Roy

Ken Dryden.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/258254.html

new team in NHL 09 for Montreal

suposed to be the strongest team in the game (Ya think?)

They probably overated most of those players, giving them 90-100 points for every single skill (ex. even Bob Gainey is probably a terrific shooter). So this team is no doubt the best in the game.

I hope EA hasd made the game a little more challenging over the last 2 years because I've honestly given up trying to find a challenge in those games. With every edition I end up making up the worst possible team I could with the lowest ranked players, but I always end up winning the Cup easily while my surprise superstar players such as Anthony Stewart, Chris Simon, or Turner Stevenson earn the Rocket Richard and/or the Art Ross. The only players with bad statistics are my goalies since the CPU always finds a way to score a couple despite only get 7-8 weak no-angle shots.