~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Nilan? Kordic? Oh yeah, it's NOT Blades of Steel

I hope that isn't a knock on the greatest hockey game of all time!

I may have to buy both NHL games this year. NHL 2k9 for Wii and NHL 09 for 360. I can always sell NHL 09 when my friend get married in December, as I'll lose my consistent access to a 360.

I may have to buy both NHL games this year. NHL 2k9 for Wii and NHL 09 for 360. I can always sell NHL 09 when my friend get married in December, as I'll lose my consistent access to a 360.

Or you could break down and buy a PS 3 :P

How are hockey games for the Wii? How's the gameplay?

I got a Wii Sports recently, and although I enjoy the boxing, golfing, tennis ... I don't see exactly how a hockey game would work...

I got a Wii Sports recently, and although I enjoy the boxing, golfing, tennis ... I don't see exactly how a hockey game would work...

This is the first one, so I only moderately excited about it. I haven't been a fan of any of the sports games that have been out on the Wii yet, aside from Tiger 06. I would imagine it'd be pretty straightforward controls. Skate around with the analog stick, pass with a button, and do the shots with the Wii-mote.

Just did some looking and I'm even less enthused than before. The only difference between the type of shots is whether you hold a button or not when you flick the Wii-mote. Passing sounds very difficult, as you aim the remote to where you want to pass. I guess grabbing star bits in Mario Galaxy wasn't too bad while moving, so maybe aiming and skating won't be as difficult as I'm imagining it.

The new Star Wars game comes out about the same time as the hockey, so I'm thinking I'll do another month of Game Fly to see if NHL 2k9 is worth getting, and then get a discount on Star Wars and NHL 09.

The question would be why would I want one?

To play the best game released this year so far.

Or you could, you know, get your own 360.

There are no hockey games for the Wii yet, 2k9 will be the first. The 2k series has been utter crap since 2k6 so theres really nothing to be hopeful about. Shame too, 2k5 is up there with NHL 08 and NHL 94 as the best hockey games ever made.

Why the hell is this in Habs Talk? Can't someone just merge this into the 360 topic?

There are no hockey games for the Wii yet, 2k9 will be the first. The 2k series has been utter crap since 2k6 so theres really nothing to be hopeful about. Shame too, 2k5 is up there with NHL 08 and NHL 94 as the best hockey games ever made.

Why the hell is this in Habs Talk? Can't someone just merge this into the 360 topic?

well, the discussion was heading in the "how great this team is", but went from there straight to a "what should i do when my friend will get married" conversation...

They probably overated most of those players, giving them 90-100 points for every single skill (ex. even Bob Gainey is probably a terrific shooter). So this team is no doubt the best in the game.

I hope EA hasd made the game a little more challenging over the last 2 years because I've honestly given up trying to find a challenge in those games. With every edition I end up making up the worst possible team I could with the lowest ranked players, but I always end up winning the Cup easily while my surprise superstar players such as Anthony Stewart, Chris Simon, or Turner Stevenson earn the Rocket Richard and/or the Art Ross. The only players with bad statistics are my goalies since the CPU always finds a way to score a couple despite only get 7-8 weak no-angle shots.

You haven't played 07 or 08? Those were probably the biggest steps in the right direction EA Canada has taken in years for the NHL series. NHL 08 won basically every Sports Game of the Year award last year, something a hockey game hasn't done in forever.

Hell, they're rarely even nominated anymore. If I wanted to introduce someone to hockey gaming, I'd give them NHL 08 or NHL 2k5. Best ever, hands down.

The gameplay is down pat, now I'm excited for the MMO portion of the game. IGN went hands-on with the MMO part a few weeks ago and said it was flawless and that 09 looks to be better then 08.

Edited by jetsniper

Wanna give me the money? I'm a substitute teacher, I don't exactly have lots of money lying around. My disposable income can handle sporting events and new games every so often, but I can't just drop that kind of money on a second system. I would consider selling all my Wii stuff, but the games that are actually good are ones I really love, so I'm not gonna do that.

well, the discussion was heading in the "how great this team is", but went from there straight to a "what should i do when my friend will get married" conversation...

:?-

Wanna give me the money? I'm a substitute teacher, I don't exactly have lots of money lying around. My disposable income can handle sporting events and new games every so often, but I can't just drop that kind of money on a second system. I would consider selling all my Wii stuff, but the games that are actually good are ones I really love, so I'm not gonna do that.

Well it just depends where your priorities lie, gaming obviously isn't one so you think you can't afford. My job sucks 10x more then a substitute teacher but I've got all 3.

To each his own, don't have to be so defensive about it.

:?-

why do you post a :?- like this ? what i was saying just reflects in the upper part of your last post.

Well it just depends where your priorities lie, gaming obviously isn't one so you think you can't afford. My job sucks 10x more then a substitute teacher but I've got all 3.

To each his own, don't have to be so defensive about it.

Defensive? :blink:

I think you're overestimating the money a substitute teacher makes. I'm not working everyday. Over the course of a school year I work on average maybe 3 days a week. I didn't even make enough money last year to qualify for the US tax rebate that practically everyone was supposed to get. I mean, I'd make more money working 40 hours a week in some minimum wage job. Also keep in mind that since I don't have full time employment I have to cover myself in terms of health insurance, so I'm shelling out over 100 bucks a month for that since I'm overweight.

why do you post a :?- like this ? what i was saying just reflects in the upper part of your last post.

Where was I wondering what to do?

You haven't played 07 or 08? Those were probably the biggest steps in the right direction EA Canada has taken in years for the NHL series. NHL 08 won basically every Sports Game of the Year award last year, something a hockey game hasn't done in forever.

I played NHL 07 (PC), but it was more of the same for me. I also started playing NHL 08 this year, but I quickly gave up as the PC version is full of bugs.

Wait wait wait, you're saying that I, a lowly grocery store clerk, make more then you? I'm lucky if I get 400 bucks a week. Guess I was overestimating. I basically never eat though so I save money there plus all hockey games I go to are free. So I manage to cut corners a little bit in order to keep my gaming life up. Kind of funny because I just got this emblem on Gamespot for the size of my collection, it said:

Games are more important than paying for food or paying the bills.

The serious collector has made a lifelong investment in the pursuit of having way more games than you do. Ignoring review scores, maintaining few friendships so as not to commit oneself to additional spending on birthdays or holidays, this individual is single-mindedly intent on owning lots and lots of games. A noble pursuit, indeed.

:lol:

(And you sounded annoyed and defensive about me suggesting another console)

I played NHL 07 (PC), but it was more of the same for me. I also started playing NHL 08 this year, but I quickly gave up as the PC version is full of bugs.

Oh, well stop playing the PC version then. They use a completely different development team from the console versions. And with 07, the 360 version was the only one made by a completely different team instead of the slopped together version the PC always gets.

Where was I wondering what to do?

oh, i pulled a PTG here. thought you was wondering if you should or not sell one of the game since you wouldn't have constant access to the 360. misread sorry.

I want them to stop alienating traditional gamers with their sports titles on the Wii! :clap:

Yeah, whats up with that kiddy family mode look Madden keeps getting? I don't care enough about the controls that much, I'll keep playing Madden on PS3/360

Wait wait wait, you're saying that I, a lowly grocery store clerk, make more then you? I'm lucky if I get 400 bucks a week. Guess I was overestimating. I basically never eat though so I save money there plus all hockey games I go to are free. So I manage to cut corners a little bit in order to keep my gaming life up. Kind of funny because I just got this emblem on Gamespot for the size of my collection, it said:

:lol:

(And you sounded annoyed and defensive about me suggesting another console)

Nah, I was just making a joke and explaining my situation a bit.

I sub mostly in Catholic schools since I'm more used to that environment and the kids are easier to deal with. That means less money, so even when I work all 5 school days in a given week, I'm pulling in under 400 bucks after taxes. Long-term sub pay is a bit higher, but my two gigs doing that totaled less than half of my subbing time. Add in health and car insurance, gas, and other such expenses and I'm not left with enough money to afford much more than hockey tickets and a new game here or there. Even so I need to be frugal or I start eating up money that I need to be putting away.

oh, i pulled a PTG here. thought you was wondering if you should or not sell one of the game since you wouldn't have constant access to the 360. misread sorry.

No problem, I see where you could have read it that way. I wasn't even thinking about it like that since I've sold off the other NHL games I bought for 360.

this has got tobe one of the stupidest threads i have ever seen. Merge this into 360 for god's sake

should be merged into the crapper :puke: