~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, simonus, you were right. Turns out RB 2 and GHIV instruments will be compatible with each other's games. So I'm probably going to end up getting the GHIV bundle and then sell off my RB instruments.

Theres also going to be a fee to get the RB songs onto RB 2 but it's supposed to be under 5 dollars. Nice little cash grab for EA though when you think about how that's going to add up.

I believe they'll also have the other Original Six teams, as well as possibly the Edmonton, NYI dynasties, and possibly the Broad Street Bullies from the 70s (checking level: 199 / 100)

Why?

The point of the Canadiens getting an "all-time team" added was for the centenial season celebrations.

Where are the rest of the posts on this subject?

Only makes sense to have someone who might actually be able to compete against an all-time Habs team.

No, it's just the Habs team. You're going to have to play through a tourney to unlock the team.

Another team isn't really necessary, it's not like the all-time team will be unbeatable. If you're good enough, you can beat Team Canada with a team like England.

And more notes, quotes and anecdotes from HW's numbah one gamah!

(I ripped that off a local sports writer. I don't even like him)

- Heavy rumors are starting to circulate around Halo IV saying it will be a launch title for Microsoft's next console and that Microsoft is prepared to hand the franchise over to Gearbox, best known for the Brothers In Arms series. They also ported the first Halo over to PC.

-Rumors have started around another huge franchise thought to be dead. In an interview with Kotaku, former Kojima Productions assistant producer Ryan Payton said "It'll be hard not being involved in MGS5, but I've got the utmost confidence that Hideo Kojima, Ken Imaizumi, and our amazing team will put together another blockbuster game. I'll be cheering from the sidelines"

-Another minor MGS note, Kojima has said it is unlikely MGS IV will be ported to the 360 saying the game is too technologically advanced for the 360 to handle. Now if Microsoft ever decides to include a Blu-Ray player...

-Guitar Hero IV setlist is close to confirmed. http://www.rockgamer.com/2008/08/20/comple...d-tour-setlist/ It's a little different from the leaked setlist a month ago but apparently theres still some songs to be added.

-NHL 09 demo will be released very, very soon. As in the next couple of days soon. In fact, it has already been released in Europe on the PSN so if you have a PS3 and don't want to wait (like me), create a European account and download at will. The gameplay has not changed at all and the only problem I had with Be A Pro mode was some camera issues in the offensive zone. It likes to whip around like a crack addict on 10 cups of coffee. It's still early but 09 looks like it will be just as good as 08 if not better.

Anywho, those are the few things I thought the hardcore crowd around here would be interested in. I downloaded The Force Unleashed demo last week and wasn't impressed. As someone else I saw said "They should re-name it The Force Is A Pain In The Ass To Use". I thought they were finally going to pull off something big with Star Wars but it's looking like you can file it with all the other mediocre Star Wars games out (Lego, KOTOR and Battlefront notwithstanding. First Rogue Squadron too I guess)

At the same time I noticed the NHL 2k9 demo was released as well so I got that too. Same old downhill slide for the 2k series, nothing much else to say.

And the usual game buying flip-flopping for me as well. I'm buying something tomorrow but I don't know what. It's going to be Too Human, Tales of Vesperia or Disgaea 3. Most likely one of the latter two, they're both getting great reviews. Although the bad Too Human press isn't phasing me either because I thought the demo was a blast. I'm just more excited for a new Tales (Tales of Symphonia II in November on the Wii, SWEEEEEEET!!!) game and another Disgaea entry.

My Xbox died on Tuesday :angry:

Thankfully I found my receipt from best buy which has my 2yr replacement plan on it ... what makes it better is having a teammate on my hockey team who is the store manager at the best buy down the street ^_^

Hopefully he's going to be able to get me upgraded to an Elite tomorrow :clap:

Edited by CaliHabsFan

Duuude, my project starts Tuesday, get to Montreal like now so you can work on it!

I would expect NHL 09 demo out shortly as well... ^_^

Also, everyone should keep an eye out for Age of Booty on XBLA - GREAT game... :D

;_; I wish I could. If I had the money to move to Montreal, I would've been there in a second!

I've been playing the 09 demo to death, I still want to 360 demo though since thats what I'll be buying it for. I'm really happy with the game so far, they didn't change the gameplay at all. I've noticed more variety in goalie animations though which is a nice touch, I've been playing as the Dead Things and Fleury has made some absolutely sick saves.

Age of Booty is good? I've heard mixed things about it so far. I'd like to get The Last Guy and Bionic Commando before anything else though. Ended up going with Disgaea 3 today, didn't realize it was only going for $49.99.

So heres a question for you Maca, just how excited are you for Mirror's Edge? I'm super stoked, I can't believe I'm that excited over an EA game. November is going to be a crazy month though, even worse then last year.

At the same time I noticed the NHL 2k9 demo was released as well so I got that too. Same old downhill slide for the 2k series, nothing much else to say.

Yeah, it felt like playing an early PS2 hockey game. Not good at all. As if playing for a Jackets wasn't bad enough, now his image graces the cover of another losing franchise.

I played the 360 demo for Force Unleashed and I'm even more excited for it now. I know the Wii version won't look as nice, but the Star Wars universe is a perfect place for motion sensing capability, so I'm expecting that to more than make up for the graphical difference.

Yeah, it felt like playing an early PS2 hockey game. Not good at all. As if playing for a Jackets wasn't bad enough, now his image graces the cover of another losing franchise.

I played the 360 demo for Force Unleashed and I'm even more excited for it now. I know the Wii version won't look as nice, but the Star Wars universe is a perfect place for motion sensing capability, so I'm expecting that to more than make up for the graphical difference.

I thought the Force Unleashed demo (xbox 360) was fantastic. It was a rental for me but I think I may buy it now.

I thought the Force Unleashed demo (xbox 360) was fantastic. It was a rental for me but I think I may buy it now.

Eh, it hasn't gotten a positive reaction. Whatever floats though.

I think it's going to take a Star Wars fan to like it.

I tested it for about 3 months and I plan on buying it, the only game I can say that about... :D

I think you missed this. >_>

So heres a question for you Maca, just how excited are you for Mirror's Edge? I'm super stoked, I can't believe I'm that excited over an EA game. November is going to be a crazy month though, even worse then last year.

Looks like it could sell a lot of shoes.

So wait, you're not excited for it or you haven't paid attention to it?

Spore leaked yesterday (gg EA) so I'm downloading it now although I wasn't hyped at all for it. I'm actually not much of a Will Wright fan.

8 days till NHL 09 (trade-in value for NHL 08 dropped to 2 bucks at EB! Needless to say I asked for it back). Finally decided to buy The Orange Box yesterday and having a ton of fun with Disgaea 3.

Bit of both. Probably the latter's fault that I'm not excited.

Well read about it and get excited. Everyone else is, dammit.

I hate to admit it but Spore is kinda fun so far. And the specs are so simple that basically any computer can run it perfectly.

Well read about it and get excited. Everyone else is, dammit.

I hate to admit it but Spore is kinda fun so far. And the specs are so simple that basically any computer can run it perfectly.

Just don't play it on DS.

Bought my first Madden NFL this year ... really like it, though I'm still learning all about football. Just playing a franchise with the 49ers ... pretty addicting game.

Maybe I'll try to play it online too - anyone here who wants to play against a total NFL newbie? :B)

No, the DS version is just the creature creator that was released back in June with some DS type add-ons.

Yeah - I tested the DS version for about a day. Longest day of my life.