~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN reviewed NHL 09, they give it a 9/10

NHL 09 isn’t just a great hockey game, it’s one of the best sports games to be released in the last decade. It takes the right analog stick controls first pioneered in last year’s game and pushes them forward ever so slightly while pouring on features that everyone from newbies to diehards will appreciate. The only question remaining is how they’ll follow this sports game of the year contender once next season rolls around.

Guess we should volunteer now, who's in for the MMO portion of the game? We need to make our HW team.

And I take back my Spore comments. Creature phase was boring and repetitive now the Tribal stage is a crappy RTS. Don't even know if I'll even keep playing.

Guess we should volunteer now, who's in for the MMO portion of the game? We need to make our HW team.

And I take back my Spore comments. Creature phase was boring and repetitive now the Tribal stage is a crappy RTS. Don't even know if I'll even keep playing.

I'm in for the MMO part!!!

Now you know what I meant about spore.

I'm in for the MMO part!!!

Now you know what I meant about spore.

No, what you did with Spore I played to death back in June. The actual game is divided into 5 phases as you progress you species and each phase is based on a different genre of video game. The creature phase wasn't bad per se (it was kind of based on an action game or maybe a shallow RPG) it was just doing the same thing over and over. Attack, get DNA, grow, mate. Attack, get DNA, grow, mate. Collecting parts and gaining pack members made it interesting at least.

With the tribal phase it's a RTS which with the exception of Blizzard (the company) I'm not all that fond of. Right now, I'd probably give it about an 8-8.2.

I should start a new topic for team HW. I've got a feeling most members here are buying the PC version though (why are you even bothering then, people!). Maybe closer to release if no one is really responding in this topic.

I should start a new topic for team HW.

Probably a good idea. Would be good to see if we could get 6 guys.

You

Me

Stealth?

Brett (Tampa)?

Fanpuck?

Simonus?

Forget who else...

You can count me in.

You

Me

Stealth?

Brett (Tampa)?

Fanpuck?

Simonus?

Forget who else...

I'd be more than willing!

Great idea :clap:

You

Me

Stealth?

Brett (Tampa)?

Fanpuck?

Simonus?

Forget who else...

Yep.

You

Me

Stealth?

Brett (Tampa)?

Fanpuck?

Simonus?

Forget who else...

Fanpuck doesn't have his own 360 so it might be unwise to count on him as like, a starter though. A team can have up to 50 guys anyway (and I believe you only need 4 to play a game) so it's not really a big deal.

Anyone track 09 down today? Theres a few places in the East that seem to have it (mostly in Ontario) but other then that, it seems it'll be tomorrow that everyone else gets it. I spent a while phoning various EB's, got the same answer every time. Tomorrow.

Anyone track 09 down today? Theres a few places in the East that seem to have it (mostly in Ontario) but other then that, it seems it'll be tomorrow that everyone else gets it. I spent a while phoning various EB's, got the same answer every time. Tomorrow.

Unfortunately for me here in small town Sask. Sept 12th would be lucky. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I checked a couple of EB games and a Best Buy here in OC Cali and nada =/ they all said tomorrow. Man I really wanted to play it tonight ! I think i'm going to check the toys r us and target next to my house when I get out of work.

I think they might have had some sort of shipping issue. Amazon.com and GameFly aren't sending any copies out until Thursday. Looking around for some news and I came across one article stating that the September 9 release date was when they were shipping to retailers, instead of when it was actually being released in stores.

I think they might have had some sort of shipping issue. Amazon.com and GameFly aren't sending any copies out until Thursday. Looking around for some news and I came across one article stating that the September 9 release date was when they were shipping to retailers, instead of when it was actually being released in stores.

Well September 11th is the "official" release date but obviously it's being sent out today. The 9th is only the shipping date but since some stores are closer to the distributors, they're going to get it quicker. Plus theres no hard street date so retailers can just sell it whenever they get it.

2k9 doesn't officially come out till tomorrow but everyone around here is already selling it.

You probably can't save straight to the USB device but you can transfer the data onto the device.

Too bad, with the recent price drop I was considering picking up the Arcade version. I have no need for a 60 GB drive, so I don't want to spend another 100 bucks for it, and even sold separately the 20 GB drive is just under a hundred bucks. Would be amazing to be able to use a flash drive, since during a big sale you can grab a 4 gig one for under 10 bucks. But of course if they made it that convenient they wouldn't be able to charge such exorbitant amounts for their branded hard drives.

Too bad, with the recent price drop I was considering picking up the Arcade version. I have no need for a 60 GB drive, so I don't want to spend another 100 bucks for it, and even sold separately the 20 GB drive is just under a hundred bucks. Would be amazing to be able to use a flash drive, since during a big sale you can grab a 4 gig one for under 10 bucks. But of course if they made it that convenient they wouldn't be able to charge such exorbitant amounts for their branded hard drives.

Well you could get the 512 MB memory unit but it's pretty expensive compared to the space you're getting (just checked an American BB site and it's 50 bucks. 60 over here). It'd be better to just get the 20 gig, you're doubling the price for 20 times the amount of space.

Although you do get the 256 MB unit with the Arcade. You're not going to get a whole hell of a lot on that though. The file type games and gamertags and the like are put in are only readable by Microsoft HD's though. I've been screwing with the idea of getting the 120 GB for months now but it's still like, 150 bucks. Still too much.

Well you could get the 512 MB memory unit but it's pretty expensive compared to the space you're getting (just checked an American BB site and it's 50 bucks. 60 over here). It'd be better to just get the 20 gig, you're doubling the price for 20 times the amount of space.

Although you do get the 256 MB unit with the Arcade. You're not going to get a whole hell of a lot on that though. The file type games and gamertags and the like are put in are only readable by Microsoft HD's though. I've been screwing with the idea of getting the 120 GB for months now but it's still like, 150 bucks. Still too much.

Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous they charge given how much the price of hard drives has gone down the last couple years. I realize it's a specialized piece of hardware, but still. It's pretty ridiculous they still charge 100 bucks for the 20 GB, considering the Pro package is 100 bucks more than the Arcade and it has a 60 GB drive.

Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous they charge given how much the price of hard drives has gone down the last couple years. I realize it's a specialized piece of hardware, but still. It's pretty ridiculous they still charge 100 bucks for the 20 GB, considering the Pro package is 100 bucks more than the Arcade and it has a 60 GB drive.

Yeah, Microsoft has been consistently giving their consoles price cuts but I don't think the HDs have seen too many so far. The first console I bought was a core and I bought the 20 GB seperately, which IIRC was120 bucks. If I go to Futureshop's website then it's listed at 129.99.

I've been scanning Futureshop's inventory checker across Canada and all of the EB's in Montreal have NHL 09 while most in Toronto have it as well so you're lucky if you're in the East. West probably won't see it until later in the afternoon, Edmonton people are reporting their EB's won't have it until 1. I'll probably phone mine around noon to see if it's in.

And for people who don't know, this version is going to have custom soundtracks. So you get to pick what music is played after goals are scored, breaks in the play, when a guy goes to the box, that kind of thing. Someone on the gamespot forums posted a link of different music someone cut to be used for NHL 2k8 but it should work all the same for NHL 09. I've been listening to a few of the goal horns, it's pretty sweet.

http://files.filefront.com/NHL+2K8+Custom+...;/fileinfo.html

And for people who don't know, this version is going to have custom soundtracks. So you get to pick what music is played after goals are scored, breaks in the play, when a guy goes to the box, that kind of thing. Someone on the gamespot forums posted a link of different music someone cut to be used for NHL 2k8 but it should work all the same for NHL 09. I've been listening to a few of the goal horns, it's pretty sweet.

http://files.filefront.com/NHL+2K8+Custom+...;/fileinfo.html

Cool, they put that on NCAA 09 too. It's not very convenient, though. You have to make a playlist for each individual sound, which is annoying as hell.