~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Apparently Eklund plays NHL 09, so if you want to kick his ass, his usertag is BUZZEKLUND

I hope he plays with a headset so he can hear us bash his site, lol.

Just him, not his site. There are a couple of really stand-up guys over there. Daniel Tolensky (sp?) is one of them; his work is always fascinating and top-notch. Howerd Berger, though a Leaf Homer, is generally well-respected too. There are one or two others who are worth the read as well.

Would I be right in assuming that 09 is about the same for the PS3? In this one instance I'm disappointed not to have a 360 because it'd be fun to join in with some guys and get slaughtered - because I suck at that kind of game. ;)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just him, not his site. There are a couple of really stand-up guys over there. Daniel Tolensky (sp?) is one of them; his work is always fascinating and top-notch. Howerd Berger, though a Leaf Homer, is generally well-respected too. There are one or two others who are worth the read as well.

Would I be right in assuming that 09 is about the same for the PS3? In this one instance I'm disappointed not to have a 360 because it'd be fun to join in with some guys and get slaughtered - because I suck at that kind of game. ;)

So you got the PS3 eh? Then you might be able to take on Stream. You'll own him because he sucks. We await the day you get a 360 because the more the better(yea I know it'll never happen, lol). ;)

Theres no difference.

So you got the PS3 eh? Then you might be able to take on Stream. You'll own him because he sucks. We await the day you get a 360 because the more the better(yea I know it'll never happen, lol). ;)

a) Let's go out on a limb and assume that Stream won't be playing me on the PS3 anytime soon.

b) I'm still probably worse than him by about 100X.

c) I'm not getting a 360 in this lifetime; I'm fed up with Micro$oft's standards of practice. Until such time as they put out an operating system that's actually COMPLETE and working, I'm not interested in giving them more money - no matter how good their other projects.

d) Why would I step down to the 360 anyhow? ;) Everyone knows that, by the end of the year, PS3 will be outshining everything else out there.

e) No talking about point d) Jets. Not talking at all. :P

e) No talking about point d) Jets. Not talking at all. :P

I will then respectfully bite my tongue, good sir. I will let you know however, it hurt. ;_;

Can't wait for:

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Gears of War 2

Uhh.... I can't wait for....*ahem

September

14th: Rock Band 2 (PS3)

23rd: Lego Batman (360)

24th: Mega Man 9 (360)

October

1st: F.E.A.R 2 (360)

7th: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)

21st: Fable 2 (360)

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (360)

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)

26th: Guitar Hero IV (PS3)

28th: Fallout 3 (360)

November

3rd: Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)

4th: Resistance 2 (PS3)

7th: Gears of War II (360)

11th: Mirror’s Edge (360)

Call of Duty: World At War (360)

Smackdown Vs Raw 09 (PS3)

18th: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Wii)

20th: The Last Remnant (360)

- Left 4 Dead (360)

25th: Chrono Trigger DS (Nintendo DS)

Tekken 6 (PS3)

Xbox 360 is better than a PS3 anyday of the week ;)

They out sell PS3 20 million to 15 million even when they have a 70% chance of hardware failure.

What's that gotta say bout PS3? Imagine if that 70% was only 20%.... It would be more like 30 million to 10 million.

Point is:

360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3

Fanpuck,

Used 360's with 20gb HDD on ebay go for about 115$. Pretty cheap if you're okay with used.

New pro (60gig) are around 300$ new on ebay.

With a system I wouldn't trust getting it used from a stranger, especially a system as fragile as the 360. Plus, I've boycotted eBay ever since my account got hacked by some Chinese group who sent out tons of spam from my username.

They out sell PS3 20 million to 15 million even when they have a 70% chance of hardware failure.

I've made this point as well but honestly, it can be countered pretty easily. Xbox 360 had a year all to itself and had already sold about 10 million console when the PS3 was released. The PS3 leap-frogged the 360 in January and has been selling more ever since. Seeing as Microsoft has been struggling to build a fan base in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised to see this generation end with the 360 in last place.

Microsoft and Sony trolls love to bicker about the others console but the reality is technically, they're basically the same. Sony's game library has also caught up to the 360 and is no longer an issue (neither is price. It's the still the most expensive console but it's a little more affordable)

With a system I wouldn't trust getting it used from a stranger, especially a system as fragile as the 360. Plus, I've boycotted eBay ever since my account got hacked by some Chinese group who sent out tons of spam from my username.

When will people have had enough of Micro$oft? Would you buy a car that wasn't finished (operating system)? Would you buy a new house for what amounted to a little cosmetic work (Win 98 to Win Me)? When you have a monopoly, it's absolutely amazing what you can get away with - Vista, for example. Now I see that their "fantastic" gaming system is nothing more than Peter Forsberg plugged into your computer: lots of fun if you can manage to keep it working. Sure, they have a lot of games and have a good system, but they obviously rushed it out there to be *first* and therefore blew it (yet again) in terms of putting out a QUALITY item. It always kills me when people defend them, too. Do you like being taken over and over and over again?

Enough of M$ already. Sorry about this in this thread - certainly, enjoy your games and get the most out of your systems. But just reading that crap gets my blood boiling.

/rant

It always kills me when people defend them, too. Do you like being taken over and over and over again?

No but I like having access to the best gaming library, the best online service and the one company the knew what real gamers wanted from the get-go.

The failure rate is literally the only con to the system. And at the same time, Microsoft is working on the new "Valhalla" motherboard which will combine the CPU and GPU into one chip which means a simpler cooling system can be used and overheating won't be as much of a worry.

You can argue they should've had all this technology ready for the initial launch but instead bypassed it to rush it out ahead of time. This is not just a Microsoft mistake though, almost every electronic company is guilty of it. To keep it related, I'll bring up the PS2's launch, which you should recognize as a Sony fan Colin. They rushed the PS2 out so it was released in October 2000 ahead of the November 2001 releases of the Gamecube and the Xbox. Ensuing was the huge DRE debacle that plagued the console for about a year. A class action lawsuit was eventually filed against Sony due to the faulty consoles just like one was filed against Microsoft next year. It swings both ways.

Edited by jetsniper

Can't wait for:

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Gears of War 2

Call of Duty 5

Left For Dead

Edited with forgotten titles. Though, I should have remembered Left for Dead - but that's for another reason all together...

No but I like having access to the best gaming library, the best online service and the one company the knew what real gamers wanted from the get-go.

The failure rate is literally the only con to the system. And at the same time, Microsoft is working on the new "Valhalla" motherboard which will combine the CPU and GPU into one chip which means a simpler cooling system can be used and overheating won't be as much of a worry.

You can argue they should've had all this technology ready for the initial launch but instead bypassed it to rush it out ahead of time. This is not just a Microsoft mistake though, almost every electronic company is guilty of it. To keep it related, I'll bring up the PS2's launch, which you should recognize as a Sony fan Colin. They rushed the PS2 out so it was released in October 2000 ahead of the November 2001 releases of the Gamecube and the Xbox. Ensuing was the huge DRE debacle that plagued the console for about a year. A class action lawsuit was eventually filed against Sony due to the faulty consoles just like one was filed against Microsoft next year. It swings both ways.

I'm not forgiving Sony their mistakes, just pointing out that Micro$oft can't do anything WITHOUT making mistakes. So, with this "Valhalla," will owners of old systems get a free upgrade? Of course not, how would Micro$oft make an exorbitant profit. Once again they release something not ready and then ding the consumer into buying the SAME PRODUCT TWICE. Again, not about Sony, just M$'s continuing failure to treat the consumer with any kind of respect whatsoever.

I'm not forgiving Sony their mistakes, just pointing out that Micro$oft can't do anything WITHOUT making mistakes. So, with this "Valhalla," will owners of old systems get a free upgrade? Of course not, how would Micro$oft make an exorbitant profit. Once again they release something not ready and then ding the consumer into buying the SAME PRODUCT TWICE. Again, not about Sony, just M$'s continuing failure to treat the consumer with any kind of respect whatsoever.

Huh? They don't advertise their hardware upgrades. They're working on improving it plus they've changed their warranty by extending it 5 years. Microsoft will fix any problem free of charge, if they can't then you get a brand new console.

I just find what you're saying hypocritical coming from a self-proclaimed Sony fan who has committed all of these same things before. Microsoft isn't guilty of anything new nor can they be accused of not admitting their mistake nor trying to correct it. You can't fault them. They're already considered to have better customer service/appreciation then Sony.

And chill on the M$ thing, thats what immature 16 year olds use. You're better then that.

Edited by jetsniper

Huh? They don't advertise their hardware upgrades. They're working on improving it plus they've changed their warranty by extending it 5 years. Microsoft will fix any problem free of charge, if they can't then you get a brand new console.

I just find what you're saying hypocritical coming from a self-proclaimed Sony fan who has committed all of these same things before. Microsoft isn't guilty of anything new nor can they be accused of not admitting their mistake nor trying to correct it. You can't fault them. They're already considered to have better customer service/appreciation then Sony.

And chill on the M$ thing, thats what immature 16 year olds use. You're better then that.

But why can't they get it right the first time? Even once?

And as for Sony, while they may not always get it right, at least they DO get it right now and again. I'll direct your attention to their TV and sound system divisions. Have Micro$$$$$$oft ever proven themselves capable of error-free work? Ever?

I can't chill on the '$' becau$e, until they prove me wrong, that $eems all they're intere$ted in. :P

PS: a lot of this comes from the absolute rape that the company pulled on the world population when they "upgraded" Win 98 to Win Me. They did virtually nothing except bug fix (which is now called a Service Pack) and style up the look a little. Until I get my money back for buying essentially the same OS twice, I doubt I'm going to be forgiving them much. There's greed, then there's blatant greed with no respect for anyone.

But why can't they get it right the first time? Even once?

And as for Sony, while they may not always get it right, at least they DO get it right now and again. I'll direct your attention to their TV and sound system divisions.

Thats not even the same. Different divisions run by different people.

Fact is Sony's gaming division ######ed up with the same mistake Microsoft's gaming division ######ed up with. And I won't get into PC problems either (although I have Vista and find the complaints to be overblown. I haven't had a problem in the 6 months I've had it), again, different divisions run by different people.

When it comes down to it, Microsoft's gaming division and it's ability to know what gamers want is superb. They've managed to find a nice balance between the casual and hardcore crowd while the other two systems are probably too far on the ends of the spectrum. Like I said, theres nothing you can fault them for that hasn't been done before.

Thats not even the same. Different divisions run by different people.

Fact is Sony's gaming division ######ed up with the same mistake Microsoft's gaming division ######ed up with. And I won't get into PC problems either (although I have Vista and find the complaints to be overblown. I haven't had a problem in the 6 months I've had it), again, different divisions run by different people.

When it comes down to it, Microsoft's gaming division and it's ability to know what gamers want is superb. They've managed to find a nice balance between the casual and hardcore crowd while the other two systems are probably too far on the ends of the spectrum. Like I said, theres nothing you can fault them for that hasn't been done before.

Well, your argument is well taken. For me, though, it's about Microsoft jerking around the population. It doesn't even boil down to gaming as such. Their standards of practice are appalling.

Well, your argument is well taken. For me, though, it's about Microsoft jerking around the population. It doesn't even boil down to gaming as such. Their standards of practice are appalling.

It did for me, their gaming division is superb. I don't really care about defending Vista or anything.

I'll give you one thing, Microsoft's new commercials for Vista are stupid and don't make any sense at all. And I'm still not tired of Apple's "Mac Vs PC" commercials.

It did for me, their gaming division is superb. I don't really care about defending Vista or anything.

I'll give you one thing, Microsoft's new commercials for Vista are stupid and don't make any sense at all. And I'm still not tired of Apple's "Mac Vs PC" commercials.

Those are sheer brilliance.

Hey, my friend's power is still out so he brought his 360 over, but it's in HD mode and I don't have an HDTV. I was wondering if anyone might be able to walk us through the menu so we can set it up for a regular TV. If you can help, you'll need to be specific, because we'll be doing it blindly.