~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross Checking is the new tripping call. :P But then again, only I seem to have that problem. (The stats are working for our team, and I have the most PIMs by far, haha).

Now that you mention it, I think thats the only penalty I've ever taken in 09 too, haha.

I get lots of both call. I don't think the game has any idea what interference is, though, you can get away with freaking anything.

I agree, especially in the BAP mode. I haven't had any interference calls... just cross-checking and high-sticking...

So I've been playing through Dynasty mode on NHL 09... got shut out by the Isles last game... I'd never heard of the goalie "Ladha", so i checked out "his" stats. Turns out he's a 6'6, 220lb 19 year old girl: Sabrina Ledha. I know EA thinks it's funny to put in fake players, but really... a 98 overall goalie with unlimited potential. It just takes away from any realism of the game. C'mon!

edit: Oops. ok, I guess she's a make-a-wish girl, and her wish was to be in NHL 09, and I'm definitely ok with that. But I still think making her 98 OV takes away from the game's authenticity.

Edited by lazy26

So I've been playing through Dynasty mode on NHL 09... got shut out by the Isles last game... I'd never heard of the goalie "Ladha", so i checked out "his" stats. Turns out he's a 6'6, 220lb 19 year old girl: Sabrina Ledha. I know EA thinks it's funny to put in fake players, but really... a 98 overall goalie with unlimited potential. It just takes away from any realism of the game. C'mon!

edit: Oops. ok, I guess she's a make-a-wish girl, and her wish was to be in NHL 09, and I'm definitely ok with that. But I still think making her 98 OV takes away from the game's authenticity.

That goalie KILLED me last game. We lost in OT, and I had over 40 shots. Gah.

Pretty cool idea with getting her in the game, but it's too bad the stats are wayyy bloated and help the Isles be a much better team than they otherwise would be.

I don't have a problem if it's just the one kid, I noticed her too.

It was when EA was putting themselves in the game and totally filling up the UFA pool that was pissing me off. Or how about in 2005 when they put Rick Campanelli in the game? Like what the f*ck is that.

I don't have a problem if it's just the one kid, I noticed her too.

It was when EA was putting themselves in the game and totally filling up the UFA pool that was pissing me off. Or how about in 2005 when they put Rick Campanelli in the game? Like what the f*ck is that.

lol. I forgot about Rick the Temp... but at least him and the EA staff weren't ridiculously highly rated.

lol. I forgot about Rick the Temp... but at least him and the EA staff weren't ridiculously highly rated.

Not 98 OA but some of them were pretty high up there. I'm willing to take one person at a high OA over an entire development team totally diluting the pool. They were good enough to be signed quickly and played on the top lines which was annoying enough for me.

Yeah, there's a big difference between putting her in the game and making her among the best goalies in the NHL.

• 2 weeks later...
No, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Like half the team left, it's just you me and Maca again.

All you need to own some noobz.....

:huh:

All you need to own some noobz.....

:huh:

Yeah but how is Maca supposed to get that achievement for 15 people on a team. Plus theres those assholes who, for some unknown reason, won't play anything less then a full team.

I hate those people.

Yeah but how is Maca supposed to get that achievement for 15 people on a team. Plus theres those assholes who, for some unknown reason, won't play anything less then a full team.

I hate those people.

I hate them too but meh, it's not that big of a deal. The fact you brought up Maca and achievements, though, is priceless. :lol:

I hate them too but meh, it's not that big of a deal. The fact you brought up Maca and achievements, though, is priceless. :lol:

People with achievement obsessions make me laugh, I can't help poking fun at it. They're a good feature though, adds replayability to any game but some people get so worked up over them, it's funny.

Anyway, I actually did go to EB today (well I go to EB everyday but I actually got stuff today). I like when I trade in games and get like, three times as much as I was expecting. I went in just wanting to get F.E.A.R (because I went to play it the other day but then remembered I sold it so I was sad about that) and instead walked out with F.E.A.R, de Blob (an excellenct Wii game, go get it to help encourage more quality third-party titles), Assassin's Creed (It was stupidly cheap (8 dollars) and I never did beat it so I thought why not) and pre-ordered Fable II

The holiday gaming season officially begins this month actually, looking back at my want list for this month

October

1st: F.E.A.R 2 (360) Delayed till February. Was looking forward to playing this on Halloween

7th: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PS3) Moved to the 28th

19th: Rock Band 2 (360)

21st: Fable 2 (360) Pre-ordered

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (360)

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)

26th: Guitar Hero IV (PS3)

28th: Fallout 3 (360)

And then three more games I'm going to be waiting for reviews on before I decide to make a purchase.

Dead Space

Far Cry 2 (this should probably be in the above list, I'm just really iffy on the console transition. Instincts was ok but Vengeance on the Wii was a total nightmare)

SOCOM: Confrontation

People with achievement obsessions make me laugh, I can't help poking fun at it. They're a good feature though, adds replayability to any game but some people get so worked up over them, it's funny.

Anyway, I actually did go to EB today (well I go to EB everyday but I actually got stuff today). I like when I trade in games and get like, three times as much as I was expecting. I went in just wanting to get F.E.A.R (because I went to play it the other day but then remembered I sold it so I was sad about that) and instead walked out with F.E.A.R, de Blob (an excellenct Wii game, go get it to help encourage more quality third-party titles), Assassin's Creed (It was stupidly cheap (8 dollars) and I never did beat it so I thought why not) and pre-ordered Fable II

The holiday gaming season officially begins this month actually, looking back at my want list for this month

And then three more games I'm going to be waiting for reviews on before I decide to make a purchase.

Dead Space

Far Cry 2 (this should probably be in the above list, I'm just really iffy on the console transition. Instincts was ok but Vengeance on the Wii was a total nightmare)

SOCOM: Confrontation

I hope to hell you're writing reviews for some site and submitting them - even if they aren't published. I see no reason why you can't be one of those gaming experts.

I hope to hell you're writing reviews for some site and submitting them - even if they aren't published. I see no reason why you can't be one of those gaming experts.

Thats actually my desired profession and what I'm going to school for. I used to do user reviews on gamefaqs but not so much anymore.

I write a whole bunch of articles about gaming for fun but I don't publish them or anything. They just sit around on my HD, I'm working on one right now about the effects casual games/gamers have had on the industry since 2006 (which is actually quite profound if you ever sit back and take a look. Obviously Nintendo is playing a major rule but you'd be surprised at the effect Microsoft and Sony have on it as well)

Thats actually my desired profession and what I'm going to school for. I used to do user reviews on gamefaqs but not so much anymore.

I write a whole bunch of articles about gaming for fun but I don't publish them or anything. They just sit around on my HD, I'm working on one right now about the effects casual games/gamers have had on the industry since 2006 (which is actually quite profound if you ever sit back and take a look. Obviously Nintendo is playing a major rule but you'd be surprised at the effect Microsoft and Sony have on it as well)

*whistles*

I have to say NHL09 is by far the worst game EA has came out with in YEARS...since NHL2003 actually. It is FULL of glitches in online play....they fixed zero glitches from 08 and on top of that there are even more. What a disaster...also...they made the shot accuracy way too low. My game is sitting back at EB games where it belongs.

Hehe, funny ... :D

This NHL is by far the best I've ever played ... I'm not a die hard player but heck, this game is awesome. My first one was NHL98 and I nearly had all of them since then. This years edition though is simply a great one! :hockey:

Btw. Looking to buy Mass Effect - is it difficult to play?