~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Wow, Epic really messed up the Shadow Complex demo, I only found out about this in the morning. If you play the demo, right after you beat the first boss pause the game and go to "load last save". The rest of the game will be unlocked for you. You can't save so you'll have to play in one go or leave it on pause so if you want to buy the game then buy the game. But if you're really sick and have nowhere to go the entire day, pretty sweet. Saved myself some money.

(and downloadable games have been kicking retail's ass this year so far. Flower and Shadow Complex are better then any retail game I've bought this year so far. Nothing GOTY worthy so far but I'm hoping Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 changes that)

I also think I'm done with the Madden franchise. This years game isn't bad, it's actually really good but I've had the game less then a week and I'm already bored with it. Sports game just don't have the same meat that they used to when I was younger. Theres nothing engaging about them anymore. I'll just play NHL and thats it, I think.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Epic really messed up the Shadow Complex demo, I only found out about this in the morning. If you play the demo, right after you beat the first boss pause the game and go to "load last save". The rest of the game will be unlocked for you. You can't save so you'll have to play in one go or leave it on pause so if you want to buy the game then buy the game. But if you're really sick and have nowhere to go the entire day, pretty sweet. Saved myself some money.

!!!

Have they patched this yet?

!!!

Have they patched this yet?

Pretty sweet game, but you'd have to play it in one sitting form what I can tell, and I didn't go far enough to see if the Achievements unlocked or not. Still, someone at QA is likely losing their job for that.

Pretty sweet game, but you'd have to play it in one sitting form what I can tell, and I didn't go far enough to see if the Achievements unlocked or not. Still, someone at QA is likely losing their job for that.

I said that already Maca, lol.

You get achievements when you buy the game. I wanted to play the game though, not get stupid achievements.

I said that already Maca, lol.

You get achievements when you buy the game. I wanted to play the game though, not get stupid achievements.

The only part I remembered were the repro steps to get it to happen... the tester in me and all... :P

Canadians get Arkham Asylum for $40 at multiple retailers

This has been news for a while now. Canadian Wal-marts are selling the AA for $38.83, and apparently Future Shop, Best Buy and EB are price-matching for the first 3 days of release. Can't wait to pick 'er up! :clap:

Canadians get Arkham Asylum for $40 at multiple retailers

This has been news for a while now. Canadian Wal-marts are selling the AA for $38.83, and apparently Future Shop, Best Buy and EB are price-matching for the first 3 days of release. Can't wait to pick 'er up! :clap:

Wow, that means I'm getting like, an extra game.

Sweet.

Ok, so EB is only price-matching for the 1st day of release and the TIV is only 2 bucks for the week after. I'm gonna have to downgrade my collectors edition but thats fine because that stupid batarang is bigger then originally thought and I have nowhere to put it. I just hope they let me because that would mean I can essentially get Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 for free.

And Epic patched Shadow Complex today. Can't play through the whole game anymore. :(

Got my pre-order downgraded and got AA for 40 bucks. Hell yeah.

Now I've also got Ultimate Alliance 2 and NHL 10 completely paid off. Also theres gonna be a midnight release for NHL 10 this year if anyones interested. I never go to those though. Seems pointless, I'd just get the game and then go to bed right away.

Got my pre-order downgraded and got AA for 40 bucks. Hell yeah.

Now I've also got Ultimate Alliance 2 and NHL 10 completely paid off. Also theres gonna be a midnight release for NHL 10 this year if anyones interested. I never go to those though. Seems pointless, I'd just get the game and then go to bed right away.

I've only ever done it for Halo 2 & 3... But I'd be working Nights so it made more sense. I might hit it up for NHL 10 though, there's usually free swag.

AA looks great, but I'll wait to get it off Goozex for "free" (i.e. I won't have to dish out any cash that I can't afford to dish out to get it... and I still have a ton of points on Goozex at my disposal, lol).

Got Condemned 2: Bloodshot in the mail yesterday... going to give it a whirl later.

I've only ever done it for Halo 2 & 3... But I'd be working Nights so it made more sense. I might hit it up for NHL 10 though, there's usually free swag.

Man, I read your post and at the same time completely forgot about the Wii.

Is camping out and going to a midnight release kind of the same thing? Camping out is probably worse actually. I didn't get there at midnight, I got there at 3 pm the day before. :lol:

I've been playing AA for a couple hours now, doesn't even feel like the time has gone anywhere (that means I'm enjoying it a lot). This'll sound weird but it feels nice to be playing an actual new game. This year has been really slow and even the holiday season isn't offering much.

I bet you're really glad I introduced you to Goozex, huh Maca? You use it way more then I do. :P

I bet you're really glad I introduced you to Goozex, huh Maca? You use it way more then I do. :P

I live off it mahn, lol. I finally picked up a ton of points and got smart in how I trade so I've got a slew of games coming in for a bare minimum 100 points and then trade them out for 150 to 200 when their stock rise. :P

I've been playing AA for a couple hours now, doesn't even feel like the time has gone anywhere (that means I'm enjoying it a lot). This'll sound weird but it feels nice to be playing an actual new game. This year has been really slow and even the holiday season isn't offering much.

Yeh, I totally agree. I almost forgot that I need to get to bed and work tomorrow.

AA looks great, but I'll wait to get it off Goozex for "free" (i.e. I won't have to dish out any cash that I can't afford to dish out to get it... and I still have a ton of points on Goozex at my disposal, lol).

Got Condemned 2: Bloodshot in the mail yesterday... going to give it a whirl later.

I love the Condemned series. #2 isn't quite as good as #1 but the combat is much improved and it is still pretty scary. The online modes are dead now and that is too bad because some of it was great fun.

Man, I read your post and at the same time completely forgot about the Wii.

Is camping out and going to a midnight release kind of the same thing? Camping out is probably worse actually. I didn't get there at midnight, I got there at 3 pm the day before. :lol:

I liked the demo but AA really isn't my type of game so I wasn't going to buy it but for $40 I thought what the hell. I must have played for over 8 hours yesterday! Cool game with some cool ideas and the story and voice acting are top notch. I'm really enjoying it.

I love the Condemned series. #2 isn't quite as good as #1 but the combat is much improved and it is still pretty scary. The online modes are dead now and that is too bad because some of it was great fun.

I still think that the mannequin scene in Condemned 1 is the creepiest video game moment I've ever played. I've been meaning to check out the sequel, but never heard if it was worthwhile.

Edited by lazy26

I still think that the mannequin scene in Condemned 1 is the creepiest video game moment I've ever played. I've been meaning to check out the sequel, but never heard if it was worthwhile.

Yeah that scared the shit out of me. I was disoriented and looking around in circles wondering WTF just happened :clap: The farm house for me was the scariest/creepiest thing I have ever seen. That whole level had me on the edge of my seat, nervous and clenching my butt cheeks.

I love the scary stuff and really hope the make a Condemned 3.

Condemned 2 is worth while but the story gets a little weird and that put a lot of people off. The fighting mechanics are vastly improved and the atmosphere is still creepy as hell.

Oh man, that f*cking Mannequin scene! Yeah, that scared the shit out of me too, almost as much as the bathtub scene from Eternal Darkness (but in different ways obviously. The bathtub thing is one where you literally scream when it happens). Dead Space and the first FEAR are two other games that had me shitting my pants too. I still need to get around to play Condemned 2 as well. I had it on my birthday list last year but didn't get it and then just never got around to buying it afterwards. I think it's pretty cheap now, like only 20 bucks.

I hate that with online modes though. If it's not Halo or Gears of War, it dies off after 6 months.

I hate that with online modes though. If it's not Halo or Gears of War, it dies off after 6 months.

Back in my eternal PC days, Half Life's online (mostly TFC) was THE online place. For years it was thickly populated. Haven't gamed online in ages, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it still mass-populated. And the original Half Life? That had some shocking moments as well. Still by far the best game I've ever played.

Still by far the best game I've ever played.

And, incidentally, the one game I've replayed more than once. Lots, actually, at every level; trying new things all the time.

Back in my eternal PC days, Half Life's online (mostly TFC) was THE online place. For years it was thickly populated. Haven't gamed online in ages, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it still mass-populated. And the original Half Life? That had some shocking moments as well. Still by far the best game I've ever played.

And, incidentally, the one game I've replayed more than once. Lots, actually, at every level; trying new things all the time.

I think the PC version was the only game I owned for over a year. And I never grew tired of it. Same with Jedi Knight 2.

I would. Everyone plays WoW and TF2 now. Oh and CS:S sometimes too.