~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they rushed it when they should have delayed.

I don't think that would've saved it, you end up doing the same thing over and over. It fell victim to the "wash-rinse-repeat" cycle.

really?

No, I'm lieing, it's really the best game ever made in the entire galaxy.

Yeahp, that's the one I was going to get. Checking out some vids and such, I think it'd be the best fit. It's also about time I pick up that pink controller they have out. :D

Not directly related to the games, but this is the type of humor you can expect: http://starwars.lego.com/en-us/ScreeningRo...ge/Default.aspx

why is Assassins Creed a failure?

I wouldn't call it a failure. Sure, everything jetsniper mentioned was true (Repetetive gameplay, ridiculous AI, broken controls, finicky camera and cliche story), and he even omitted the typical ubisoft "f**k you" ending. BUT there were a lot of good things to be taken from the game. The free-running system was amazing, the graphics impressive, the environments were completely interactive and the crowd as a living, breathing entity was above-average. I think what happened was that Ubisoft focused on doing the next big thing, and as a result, skimped on some of the basics. I enjoyed the game thoroughly, but I definitely had some issues with it. I'd rate it a 75%.

I wouldn't call it a failure. Sure, everything jetsniper mentioned was true (Repetetive gameplay, ridiculous AI, broken controls, finicky camera and cliche story), and he even omitted the typical ubisoft "f**k you" ending. BUT there were a lot of good things to be taken from the game. The free-running system was amazing, the graphics impressive, the environments were completely interactive and the crowd as a living, breathing entity was above-average. I think what happened was that Ubisoft focused on doing the next big thing, and as a result, skimped on some of the basics. I enjoyed the game thoroughly, but I definitely had some issues with it. I'd rate it a 75%.

Yeah, but everything is relative to the hype machine following it so a 75 is basically a failure. Heck, an 80 would be considered a failure. I left out the ending because I didn't get there. I just got bored and stopped playing, you're the doing the same thing over and over. **** that, I bought Super Mario Galaxy at the same time, might as well play that.

Like I said, average action game deserving of a buy after it's price has dropped. Not the next leap in gaming like Ubisoft was making everyone believe. And I called that from the beginning. Ubisoft knows how to dissapoint.

A word of advice. Get Halo 3 and play it. Then we can all play! ^_^

They're releasing three more multiplayer maps tomorrow. All look awesome but one in particular is going to be insane!

A word of advice. Get Halo 3 and play it. Then we can all play! ^_^

They're releasing three more multiplayer maps tomorrow. All look awesome but one in particular is going to be insane!

Christmas mahn, Christmas. Hopefully you won't be bored of it then - because I plan on getting some good gaming on.

Christmas mahn, Christmas. Hopefully you won't be bored of it then - because I plan on getting some good gaming on.

Who gets bored of Halo? Pff.. I was playing Halo 2 online right up until Halo 3 came out.

That being said, I haven't been online in a while, what with all the new games being released. But I will be back. I prefer to play Halo in parties, so add me if you'd like. lazy26.

Yeah, with all the hype and expectations surrounding Assasin's Creed, anything but a smash hit is pretty much a failure.

I try to avoid going in without any expectations, and that's how I typically avoid being disappointed.

Like lazy26 said, who gets bored of Halo. I sure as hell won't. :D

My friend's Xbox 360 has finally gone haywire, as most seem to do. Every time we try to play a game, it either tells us to put the disc in an XBox360 or that the disc is unplayable. Anyone have any ideas?

The new update may of killed it. If every disc you put in is unplayable then you may just need to call tech support and arrange to send it in. I don't think theres any coming back from that error (or that I've ever seen anyway, someone else may know something).

I got bored of Halo pretty quickly.

I'll play R6: Vegas or COD 4 over Halo 3.

I'd play Halo over both. At least R6 Vegas anyways.

god why do the console hardware on all system seem shitty now.

xbox is like that pc vs. mac computer ad where the system is just crashing and crashing after installing vista

ps3 doesn't have the games, developers can't figure out blue ray, seemed "rushed" from what i can tell.

ugh.

I'll buy assassins creed anyway.

Don't need to get Halo 3, roommate has that. But since his 360 has been out of commisson for months and futureshop are idiots along with microsoft canada (they got gave the wrong postal code) better bring mine until it starts having seizures as well. Although I've only played it maybe 20 times since I bought it so its not going to go screen of death on me yet...

hopefully

Grand Theft Auto looks awesome, although the graphics could be better again, but nobody plays that game for the graphics. lol

I'd play Halo over both. At least R6 Vegas anyways.

Halo has little credibility in my eyes when compared to tactical shooters. The gameplay of Halo doesn't allow for the amount of thinking nor strategizing involved when playing other such shooters. You can run around guns blazing and still accomplish your goal. Not so in the R6 or COD series.

20061120.jpg

Halo has little credibility in my eyes when compared to tactical shooters. The gameplay of Halo doesn't allow for the amount of thinking nor strategizing involved when playing other such shooters. You can run around guns blazing and still accomplish your goal. Not so in the R6 or COD series.

20061120.jpg

LOL. Yeh, R6 and Cod are more realistic for sure. I think the reasons I prefer Halo online are: 1 - better setup, you don't have to wait 20 mins for a game; 2 - better ranking system, although it's not perfect; 3 - better opponents... nothing against the people that play R6, but sometimes their knowledge of "real guns" kinda scares me lol. I'd rather play some snooty kid from England. Plus, most of my friends play Halo; 4 - shorter games, for the most part. I'm not a fan of the 25 minute games in R6... especially since i tend to be on the losing team, and after a while it's just truly pointless.

In any case, they're all great games, and it's truly a matter of preference.

LOL. Yeh, R6 and Cod are more realistic for sure. I think the reasons I prefer Halo online are: 1 - better setup, you don't have to wait 20 mins for a game; 2 - better ranking system, although it's not perfect; 3 - better opponents... nothing against the people that play R6, but sometimes their knowledge of "real guns" kinda scares me lol. I'd rather play some snooty kid from England. Plus, most of my friends play Halo; 4 - shorter games, for the most part. I'm not a fan of the 25 minute games in R6... especially since i tend to be on the losing team, and after a while it's just truly pointless.

In any case, they're all great games, and it's truly a matter of preference.

Oh, for sure. I know the reasons I don't like Halo as much are the same reasons some of my friends love Halo. Games like R6 tend to have a smaller fanbase, one that is a little more knowledgeable about video games. I don't think it's a stretch to say most Halo gamers aren't into most other games. So the class of the people online is about 10x better then the people online for Halo. I talk and get made fun of for sounding Canadian. So I don't talk and just listen to my teammates but I still have to listen to their douchebaggery (yes, I just made that word up) so then I mute them and I have no effing clue whats happening. Even in Solo, I can get kills listening to other players and figuring out where they are on the map. A domino effect, if you will.

But anyway, the accessibility of Halo allows for the average person to pick up and play and enjoy it so I find it dilutes the online community a bit. That probably sounds pompous but oh well. Coming up with a plan of attack and watching it work to perfection after lots of time spent working on said plan is where I find the fun in shooters. You just can't do that in Halo.

Of course I'm talking about playing on my own here. Put me in a party atmosphere with a bunch of people and I'll prefer Halo. Tactical shooters just don't work in that kind of enviroment.

The new update may of killed it. If every disc you put in is unplayable then you may just need to call tech support and arrange to send it in. I don't think theres any coming back from that error (or that I've ever seen anyway, someone else may know something).

Yeah, come to think of it that's when the problem first started. Took us 10 minutes to get a brand new COD4 working, then it hasn't worked since. He was actually on the phone with tech support when I posted that, it's gonna cost him 100 bucks to send in to be fixed since the warranty is only one year. I guess he can't complain too much, he won the thing in a raffle at a Counterstrike tournament a week after the launch. This is the same guy who got a 57 inch HDTV for the cost of a roadtrip to Iowa because a friend couldn't take his TV to DC with him and he didn't want his ex-girlfriend to get to keep it.

Oh, for sure. I know the reasons I don't like Halo as much are the same reasons some of my friends love Halo. Games like R6 tend to have a smaller fanbase, one that is a little more knowledgeable about video games. I don't think it's a stretch to say most Halo gamers aren't into most other games. So the class of the people online is about 10x better then the people online for Halo. I talk and get made fun of for sounding Canadian. So I don't talk and just listen to my teammates but I still have to listen to their douchebaggery (yes, I just made that word up) so then I mute them and I have no effing clue whats happening. Even in Solo, I can get kills listening to other players and figuring out where they are on the map. A domino effect, if you will.

But anyway, the accessibility of Halo allows for the average person to pick up and play and enjoy it so I find it dilutes the online community a bit. That probably sounds pompous but oh well. Coming up with a plan of attack and watching it work to perfection after lots of time spent working on said plan is where I find the fun in shooters. You just can't do that in Halo.

Of course I'm talking about playing on my own here. Put me in a party atmosphere with a bunch of people and I'll prefer Halo. Tactical shooters just don't work in that kind of enviroment.

You're correct. And I too enjoy the element of strategy with R6, it's just the aforementioned details that keep me playing Halo instead. It does frustrate me how players in Halo can profit from reckless strategies, whereas my "smarter", more conservative plans don't seem to do as well.

And I don't think you sound pompous.. you're bang on.

I pretty much agree with you on all your points. I play a ton of shooter games but for me anyways, Halo's number one and that my preference. ^_^

The only thing I don't agree with you on is strategy in Halo. While the variety of strategy is greater in games like R6 and COD4 etc, Halo does have strategy of it's own. I've sat here thinking how to describe it but it's a little hard to explain it. It's Halo's weapon set and powerups that makes strategy a lot tougher and harder but I know for a fact that it gets a lot more "strategic" once you get to much higher levels. Playlists such as Team Tactical are all about strategy. But back to the weapons and powerups. I'd set up a detailed explanation but I might as well show you next time we play. If we can get atleast 8 guys, we can have some 4 on 4 team slayer games and we'll try to implement strategy. Who knows? ;)

One knock against halo, you don't have to kill everything to finish a level. i remember in halo 2 of just running through levels.

Well yea, that's obvious. That tactic is nice though in Legendary if you're lucky. Uusally you'll get blown up if you don't take some of them down from a distance.