~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was doing my monthly "catch up on the Penny Arcade comics" and came across the GTA IV one which had me howling.

20080502.jpg

:lol:

I want to grab it today. Something tells me I won't though....

:lol:

I want to grab it today. Something tells me I won't though....

I want to go steal a semi and mow people down now, haha

I also enjoy calling an ambulance, shooting the paramedics, stealing the ambulance and driving 100 mph down the sidewalk.

Looks like I'm finally getting it tonight.

We shall see though.... not that anyone cares but I'll say it anyways.

I knew it. Over the weekend they sold all those ######in copies and were sold out. They might possibly be getting more with their shipment coming in tomorrow so I might finally get my hands on it tomorrow. Knowing my luck I doubt it.

Everyone knew this was coming anyway but GTA IV broke Halo 3's records for first week sales by making $500 million. They sold 6 million copies globally with 3.6 of those on the first day.

Oh yeah, Halo's record was $300 million.

Edited by jetsniper

Everyone knew this was coming anyway but GTA IV broke Halo 3's records for first week sales by making $500 million. They sold 6 million copies globally with 3.6 of those on the first day.

Oh yeah, Halo's record was $300 million.

Congrats to GTA IV. Now first I must buy it.

For now I think I'll play Ocarina of time. Dodongo's Cavern is going down. :unsure:

Congrats to GTA IV. Now first I must buy it.

For now I think I'll play Ocarina of time. Dodongo's Cavern is going down. :unsure:

I'm basically where I always get in OoT. I play it like a madman until I get to the Water Temple. I try it for an hour or two and then just ignore the game for months and months.

I'm basically where I always get in OoT. I play it like a madman until I get to the Water Temple. I try it for an hour or two and then just ignore the game for months and months.

It's the gameplay. We've seen so much more up to date games that trying to play OOT for hours on end is quite hard. I got to those 2 superman lizards in Dodongo's Cavern a week ago and haven't touched it since. That's my random excuse anyways. I just haven't been able to get glued to it so far like most other games but I'm just rambling about nonsense. I'll just try again today and see if I can change that...:P

Say what? The gameplay hasn't really changed much (if at all) over the last 4 Zelda games.

The Water Temple is just an annoying search fest trying to raise/lower the stupid water so that you can find the right door. It's got to be among a lot of peoples most hated levels ever.

Say what? The gameplay hasn't really changed much (if at all) over the last 4 Zelda games.

The Water Temple is just an annoying search fest trying to raise/lower the stupid water so that you can find the right door. It's got to be among a lot of peoples most hated levels ever.

Just like the Lake Bed Temple in Twilight Princess eh?

On gameplay I mean the controls but I'm sure I just suck. I suck at defending myself and get owned so I need to figure them out more. Otherwise it's a fun game no doubt.

Yeah, thats what I mean, the controls haven't changed at all. Nintendo basically created their 3D formula with OoT and haven't veered off course too much since then.

Nintendo has a very boring motto of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Yeah, thats what I mean, the controls haven't changed at all. Nintendo basically created their 3D formula with OoT and haven't veered off course too much since then.

Well of course it would be nice but obviously TP's controls were somewhat unique. I've pretty much beaten it twice now. The only temple I really hate is the Sky temple. The boss is fun but that place pisses me off.

Yea, I'm tired of thinking about the controls.

I guess it was unique for TP if you played it on the Wii. However it was the actual controls that changed rather then the game, the layout was still the same. TP was pretty much made for the GC as well and only got ported to the Wii at the last minute.

I guess it was unique for TP if you played it on the Wii. However it was the actual controls that changed rather then the game, the layout was still the same. TP was pretty much made for the GC as well and only got ported to the Wii at the last minute.

I know and I'm not disagreeing with you. The Wii version is just a lot of fun. So I assume you played it for GC eh? No wonder you don't like it as much then.;)

I know and I'm not disagreeing with you. The Wii version is just a lot of fun. So I assume you played it for GC eh? No wonder you don't like it as much then.;)

Huh? You never read the beginning of the Wii topic, I guess.

Huh? You never read the beginning of the Wii topic, I guess.

Nope. Or I've forgotten.

Waited in line 20 hours, bought the Wii + TP.

So I have it for the Wii, not the GC.

That's hilarious. I was actually reading and looking at the pics right now. So whatever then since you played TP for the Wii. I personally love it but that's my opion of course. ;)

As for standing in a line for 20 hours, that's something I'll probably never do because I'd likely have to do it alone..:P

Edited by Captain_Stealth

Hard to disagree with it, at least in my opinion. Some many games get ruined because they try to make it better, when it's already awesome. They add all kinds of features and junk and go away from what made the game great. Madden was a great example this year, I thought the dynasty mode really sucked. I loved the old format of training camp instead of the individual workouts every week. Plus it was buggy, it always froze when trying to load a draft class. That's the 360 version I'm talking about, but I'm hoping NCAA and Madden for the Wii this summer will be good. Seemed like the passing on the last Madden for Wii was kinda buggy, I couldn't for the life of me throw the right type of pass.

Battle mode in Mario Kart is another example. They ruined it by changing it, despite putting together the rest of the game fantastically. Aside from the battle mode, Kart is right up there with Brawl and Super Strikers as my favorite games in recent years.

I think I'm going to start a dynasty in NHL 08 and do writeups here for people to follow along just for the hell of it.

Hard to disagree with it, at least in my opinion. Some many games get ruined because they try to make it better, when it's already awesome. They add all kinds of features and junk and go away from what made the game great. Madden was a great example this year, I thought the dynasty mode really sucked. I loved the old format of training camp instead of the individual workouts every week. Plus it was buggy, it always froze when trying to load a draft class. That's the 360 version I'm talking about, but I'm hoping NCAA and Madden for the Wii this summer will be good. Seemed like the passing on the last Madden for Wii was kinda buggy, I couldn't for the life of me throw the right type of pass.

Battle mode in Mario Kart is another example. They ruined it by changing it, despite putting together the rest of the game fantastically. Aside from the battle mode, Kart is right up there with Brawl and Super Strikers as my favourite games in recent years.

For every bad example, I can give a good example so I won't even get into that. Last years Madden was considered a large step in the right direction as well, after a couple years worth of failures.

The thing with Nintendo is they'll keep rehashing everything until someones finds a problem with something. Mario for example, SMS was not well liked so Nintendo had to take a second look and you got Galaxy. But Zelda, they have not changed the interface since Ocarina of Time. Thats almost 11 years of the exact same thing. It's going to get stale at some point and it did for me at Twilight Princess. Look at Pokemon, they add 150 or so new ones every game but gameplay wise not a lot changes (atleast not until they got to D/P when people had complained about R/S)

I understand theres a fear of screwing something up but theres also a franchise growing incredibly stale. Twilight was an updated Ocarina, nothing more (and thats exactly what the fanboys had been screaming for after they bawled over Wind Waker.) My hope is now that they've satisifed the fans Spaceworld 2000 desires, they take the franchise in another direction. The handheld games are still fantastic because they keep doing new things.

And I'm not saying anything new about Nintendo either, this has been everyones #1 complaint for years now. Well, other then the absolutely shitty 3rd party support (and it's almost gotten worse with the Wii, if thats possible)