~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Wow. Just keep trying stuff such as cleaning things and such. You never know because something might just work. My xbox has been acting weird for the longest time here and there, but thank god, I keep finding ways to fix it..... :unsure:

*knocks on wood*

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my Xbox for less than a year, but I never called in for the Warranty (... I always assumed it was automatic, but now I'm reading something different).

How exactly does the warranty work? How much you think it's going to cost me to get it fixed? :P

Can you fill me in on this bit some more, seems you know more on the issue than I... :D

You just call them up and talk for 5-10 minutes while they figure out the problem so they know what to look for and they'll send you something to send it in. You should still be under warranty if it's under a year, mine ran out in July so I was S.O.L. AFAIK, it shouldn't cost you anything since you're under warranty.

People make it sound like dealing with the devil but it's really not that bad.

You just call them up and talk for 5-10 minutes while they figure out the problem so they know what to look for and they'll send you something to send it in. You should still be under warranty if it's under a year, mine ran out in July so I was S.O.L. AFAIK, it shouldn't cost you anything since you're under warranty.

People make it sound like dealing with the devil but it's really not that bad.

So it's automatically under warrenty then? Because I never called in to get the warrenty or what not...

Can I fill something out online instead, or do I call? lol

Wow. Just keep trying stuff such as cleaning things and such. You never know because something might just work. My xbox has been acting weird for the longest time here and there, but thank god, I keep finding ways to fix it..... :unsure:

*knocks on wood*

I'm pretty sure it's messed for good.

I'm supposed to be hitting my boss' place tomorrow for some Rock Band, Halo, Gears, and various other games, so at least I won't get itchy from not playing this long weekend.

I can still play arcade games though, so if anyone notices they have any of the same arcade games I do, maybe I get get some gaming in tonight, hahaha.

I called xbox support or whatever once because my xbox started to become stupid. :P I talked with them for at least two hours and luckily the advice at the end worked out and it just needed a day of rest.... It happened again a few times after that but thankfully hasn't happened in quite some time. :rolleyes:

*knocks on wood*

I know this has nothing to do with helping you but whatever. It just might. Sucks though to be in that kind of position. :(

So it's automatically under warrenty then? Because I never called in to get the warrenty or what not...

Can I fill something out online instead, or do I call? lol

Well I've never fully been able to complete the online registration because it tells me I'm not under warranty. Fill that out first just to make sure you are under warranty before you give them a call.

https://service.xbox.com/default.aspx

I'm pretty sure it's messed for good.

I'm supposed to be hitting my boss' place tomorrow for some Rock Band, Halo, Gears, and various other games, so at least I won't get itchy from not playing this long weekend.

I can still play arcade games though, so if anyone notices they have any of the same arcade games I do, maybe I get get some gaming in tonight, hahaha.

Giving up already I see. ;)

Haha, it sounds like Maca has the same problem as me.

Try putting a disc in and out for 30-45 minutes and maybe the game will work that way. :D

Yea that's really brutal. I have that silly problem here and there. Mostly. however, it just says error when I turn it on. I was playing two days ago and I just kept getting the red ring of death as well a few minutes into playing. :P I kept going and it hasn't bothered me again. *knocks on wood* :D

I should mention though that I realized a plug wasn't inserted properly when the problem first arised a few months ago. Now I really have no clue. I just hope it's something as simple as that so it can be fixed easily.

Well the wait isn't as bad when we've got a chat going, I atleast have someone to talk to.

It will all be over soon though, I made $150 yesterday on top of my $600 income tax and I'll get another $150 tomorrow. Then I can play a game as soon as I put it in.

That also means don't expect me to be playing online much either though. I'm itching to get back to Mass Effect, I really want to buy Lost Odyssey (as I keep telling Stealth) and I really want to finish Ultimate Spider-Man. They're apparently going to incorporate the game's storyline into the comic starting next month so I need beat the game ASAP.

Well the wait isn't as bad when we've got a chat going, I atleast have someone to talk to.

It will all be over soon though, I made $150 yesterday on top of my $600 income tax and I'll get another $150 tomorrow. Then I can play a game as soon as I put it in.

That also means don't expect me to be playing online much either though. I'm itching to get back to Mass Effect, I really want to buy Lost Odyssey (as I keep telling Stealth) and I really want to finish Ultimate Spider-Man. They're apparently going to incorporate the game's storyline into the comic starting next month so I need beat the game ASAP.

:lol:

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Anyways, I guess that kills any gaming for tonight.

If someone wants to play something, let me know. If someone fights their problems *cough Maca cough*, let us know.

:D

I'll be around watching my team go down 3-1.... *sigh*

Because I'm lazy, and you guys are geniuses, how do I find my Xbox' Serial Number? :D

It's on your forehead.

No really... IT'S ON THE BACK OF YOUR XBOX!!!!!!!! :lol:

If someone wants to play something, let me know. If someone fights their problems *cough Maca cough*, let us know.

lmao, here's EXACTLY my problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhDskjy3DwY

Well, not exactly, I'm not stupid enough to put a modem on top of my xbox... wow.

Edited by Macaskill

:lol:

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

I figured it wouldn't, haha.

I also forgot Bioshock. I was only halfway through and now it never wants to work. :( It probably would've ended higher up on my GOTY year list last year had I actually beaten it.

Well, not exactly, I'm not stupid enough to put a modem on top of my xbox... wow.

Work your Macadonious magic and make it work. Call in and ask if there's anything you can do to try and fix it. Hey, you just NEVER know. ;)

I usually get one of three things.

1. Unplayable disc on the dashboard

2. A screen telling me to put the disc into an Xbox 360 console (I know, wtf)

3. A pop-up from the right side of the screen telling me the disc is unreadable

you guys think it's a bad sign that shaking my 360 causes a rattling sound inside? lol

I'm going to call in a bit...

Device: Xbox360 Hardware

Serial Number: #########

Warranty Status: In Warranty

Repair Status: No pending repair

Here's hoping me a fresh new box instead of fixing this one.... usually that's what they do.

I figured it wouldn't, haha.

I also forgot Bioshock. I was only halfway through and now it never wants to work. :( It probably would've ended higher up on my GOTY year list last year had I actually beaten it.

Yea for sure.

you guys think it's a bad sign that shaking my 360 causes a rattling sound inside? lol

Here's hoping me a fresh new box instead of fixing this one.... usually that's what they do.

One of these days I'm going to have to get another one. :rolleyes:

A better version mind you...

I think it's a bad sign you're shaking your 360. >_>

Most of the time you end up with a brand new 360. When was your 360 made? Theres a certain time period where basically every 360 made was a piece of crap. Mine unfortunately fell into the time period.

I might get the Elite eventually and sell the one I have now.

XD, thats exactly what I'm gonna do.

I think it's a bad sign you're shaking your 360. >_>

Most of the time you end up with a brand new 360. When was your 360 made? Theres a certain time period where basically every 360 made was a piece of crap. Mine unfortunately fell into the time period.

XD, thats exactly what I'm gonna do.

Ditto. Only said it because you say it all the time so I might as well too. ;)

Well since gaming today is now dead and I don't play with Murder anymore ( :D )... *turns on Pokemon*

Started a new game a few days ago and guess what? My rival's name is MACA!

:ninja:

Ditto. Only said it because you say it all the time so I might as well too. ;)

I think it's funny too because a lot of my previous posts have me condemning the Elite. I figure now if I'm going to buy a new Xbox, I might as well get one with the larger disc space since I know I'm going to need it (theres a few Originals they've released that I'd like to get and they take up quite a bit of room)