~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a small switch on the cable that runs from the powerbar to the console. It is located close to the console end.

In the dashboard go to the blade furthest to the right (system blade I believe). Choose the display tab and it will give you the option of 16:9 or 4:3, you want 4:3.

There should be a small switch on the cable that runs from the powerbar to the console. It is located close to the console end.

In the dashboard go to the blade furthest to the right (system blade I believe). Choose the display tab and it will give you the option of 16:9 or 4:3, you want 4:3.

His cord didn't have that, thus we were trying to change the setting blindly, without luck. We eventually gave up on trying to play NHL 09 and ended up just playing Wii.

His cord didn't have that, thus we were trying to change the setting blindly, without luck. We eventually gave up on trying to play NHL 09 and ended up just playing Wii.

know any neighbors that have an hdtv ? maybe you can hook it up there and get the setting changed ;)

know any neighbors that have an hdtv ? maybe you can hook it up there and get the setting changed ;)

He just called a little bit ago and the power is back at his place. Over 50% of the Columbus area is still without power, so we're lucky. I've read roughly 1/3 of traffic lights statewide are out. On the major freeway between between Columbus and Cincinnati (a little over 100 miles), only two exits have working gas stations. Craziness.

actually Fanpuck I just found this ... it might work with what you want to do

8. Reset your Xbox 360 video settings

Remember this one if you're in the habit of carrying your console to chum's houses and hooking it up to different displays. It can end up trying to output the wrong signal, so you can't see anything or get a flickering screen. Fortunately, there's a fairly simple fix if this happens. Remove any discs from the tray and turn the thing off. Then turn it on using a gamepad. As it boots, hold down the Y button, then hit and hold the right trigger. The video settings will reset to default,

actually Fanpuck I just found this ... it might work with what you want to do

8. Reset your Xbox 360 video settings

Remember this one if you're in the habit of carrying your console to chum's houses and hooking it up to different displays. It can end up trying to output the wrong signal, so you can't see anything or get a flickering screen. Fortunately, there's a fairly simple fix if this happens. Remove any discs from the tray and turn the thing off. Then turn it on using a gamepad. As it boots, hold down the Y button, then hit and hold the right trigger. The video settings will reset to default,

That will be good to know in case we screwed up the settings while trying to get it to work on my TV, thanks!

I really like Vesperia's opening http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qzHMoruv4t4

Game is pissing me off though. When Yuri gets knocked down in battle, he gets up in some seriously stupid ways. Like one, he rolls backwards, stands on his fist and then does a flip. Sounds like it would a long time? Well it does. While you're going through that crap, the enemy is hacking the everloving shit out of you.

I've seen him just get on one knee and stand up though. I'm just too stupid to figure out how the hell he did that. I keep doing the fist thing and then dieing. Well actually, thats only happened to me once but it was enough for me to get really pissed off.

Haha, my friend and I are morons. When Jets mentioned newer models having the switch I thought that meant older ones wouldn't have it, so I assumed we didn't have that switch. Then my friend thought you said the switch was on the 360 where the cord goes in, instead of on the cord itself. After his power came back and we were hooking it back up at his place, I found the stinking switch.

Haha, my friend and I are morons. When Jets mentioned newer models having the switch I thought that meant older ones wouldn't have it, so I assumed we didn't have that switch. Then my friend thought you said the switch was on the 360 where the cord goes in, instead of on the cord itself. After his power came back and we were hooking it back up at his place, I found the stinking switch.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that switch was for the newer ones because of the HDMI capability or just for the Pro consoles. I'd gone upstairs and checked my broken 360 and it didn't have the switch but it was also a Core. So thats why I asked if it was new.

I have to say NHL09 is by far the worst game EA has came out with in YEARS...since NHL2003 actually. It is FULL of glitches in online play....they fixed zero glitches from 08 and on top of that there are even more. What a disaster...also...they made the shot accuracy way too low. My game is sitting back at EB games where it belongs.

I have to say NHL09 is by far the worst game EA has came out with in YEARS...since NHL2003 actually. It is FULL of glitches in online play....they fixed zero glitches from 08 and on top of that there are even more. What a disaster...also...they made the shot accuracy way too low. My game is sitting back at EB games where it belongs.

Zoiks! Un peu de slammage!

Zoiks! Un peu de slammage!

You have to put on your "Extreme exaggeration" glasses before you can read his post, Colin.

Ignoring most of the uninformed opinions there, saying 09 is worse then 2004 or 2005 is like saying Final Fantasy VII is worse then Superman 64. Or saying you'd rather eat a bowl of shit over a steak dinner. It's undecided if 09 is better then 08 but it's pretty unanimous that 09 is in the upper-echelon with 08, 2k5 and 94.

I LOVE the Be A Pro Mode and the way it applies to online play. I HATE that it's buggy and this is typical EA stuff because they have no choice but to ship before everything is a legit fix to comply with the NHL season start.

Ah, so you think it's one of the worst games ever too.

Shame.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I simmed ahead today in Dynasty mode to check out the off-season. You can actually release people this time, thank god. That was a sore spot in 08 for Stealth and myself.

Edited by jetsniper

Nah, I love be a pro - and that's pretty much the game. I just wish the online servers would work (properly).

Yeah, the server thing is a pain in the ass but thats not the NHL dev teams fault. It's just EA in general, they have their own independent servers which work really, really poorly. Madden and NCAA and everything have the same online issues.

Yeah, the server thing is a pain in the ass but thats not the NHL dev teams fault. It's just EA in general, they have their own independent servers which work really, really poorly. Madden and NCAA and everything have the same online issues.

Yeah, my beef is w/ the EA side of things, no doubt.

Ignoring most of the uninformed opinions there, saying 09 is worse then 2004 or 2005 is like saying Final Fantasy VII is worse then Superman 64. Or saying you'd rather eat a bowl of shit over a steak dinner. It's undecided if 09 is better then 08 but it's pretty unanimous that 09 is in the upper-echelon with 08, 2k5 and 94.

NHL 2004 was easily the best EA NHL game between 2001 and 2007.

So far I prefer 08 over 09, but I'll have to mess with some sliders first. Lifting the stick is a bit overpowering, though poke checking wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I still don't think a lot of the hitting. It doesn't seem as good as last year. I mean, I haven't seen a single hip check from a D-man skating backwards, but it's no problem for them to just blow a guy up. I mean, it defies momentum and inertia for that to happen.

NHL 2004 was easily the best EA NHL game between 2001 and 2007.

Between 01-06, you could make a case with personal opinion. It was not better then 07 though purely because 07 introduced the skill stick.

2004 was a bad overall game though. 2003 and 2005 are probably the worst ever but 2004 was pretty bad too. I'd say 2006 was better then 2004 as well but the quality is probably close enough to keep them in the same class.

I mean, it defies momentum and inertia for that to happen.

Uh, you're looking for a little bit too much realism from a video game.

Oh yeah, how fast is everyone moving up in BAP mode? Some guys are halfway through the season and still on second or third pairing while I've only played 8 games and I've already been moved up to the first pairing.

Edited by jetsniper

Between 01-06, you could make a case with personal opinion. It was not better then 07 though purely because 07 introduced the skill stick.

2004 was a bad overall game though. 2003 and 2005 are probably the worst ever but 2004 was pretty bad too. I'd say 2006 was better then 2004 as well but the quality is probably close enough to keep them in the same class.

Uh, you're looking for a little bit too much realism from a video game.

Oh yeah, how fast is everyone moving up in BAP mode? Some guys are halfway through the season and still on second or third pairing while I've only played 8 games and I've already been moved up to the first pairing.

IMO, I don't think there was enough difference between 2004, 2005 and 2006 to make a difference. They essentially just updated the rosters and fighting. 07 improved substantially on those versions, and the forward progression continued with 08 and 09. Glitches notwithstanding, I'm liking 09 over 08.

As for BAP, I've made it to the first line © in 8 games.

IMO, I don't think there was enough difference between 2004, 2005 and 2006 to make a difference. They essentially just updated the rosters and fighting. 07 improved substantially on those versions, and the forward progression continued with 08 and 09. Glitches notwithstanding, I'm liking 09 over 08.

2004 was easily better than 2005 and 2006, it almost had the skill stick. You could deke with the right analog stick and then you could shoot by pressing in on the stick. Then in 2005 they got rid of being able to shoot like that, canceling out a huge innovation in hockey gaming.

As for BAP, I've made it to the first line © in 8 games.

Theres some huge differences from 04-06, 06 is recognized as the game where EA broke out of it's slump. They fixed the hitting first off so you couldn't lay out guys every 2 seconds. NHL 2005 was just a more complicated version of NHL Hitz. In 04-05, it was also too easy to have the puck knocked loose off of your stick which NHL 06 got rid of. They also found a nice balance for the skating, 04 was too slow and 05 was way, way too fast. Obviously 06 wasn't a perfect game, it still had it's share of defensive flaws and the goalie AI hadn't totally been fixed (it was still improved from the previous years) but you have to note NHL 06 was the first game of the current team working on the NHL games. It was still made under EA Canada but it was an entirely new team. So they spent 06 fixing past mistakes, offered their own innovation in 07 and then improved upon it for 08 and then offered a more in-depth game for 09.

I can't say what I like more between 08 and 09, I've still only had the game for a week. The gameplay hasn't changed much and they added BAP so I can't see how the pendulum won't swing in 09's favor for me. I like that they cut down on bad penalty calls too. You're not getting tripping calls every little time with the poke check nor are you getting interference calls for every little bump.