~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***The author appears to be on crack.

In which way are you implying? Is this a deleterious attack on my character insinuating that I partake of illicit drugs, or are you insinuating that, at this very present moment, I am involved with the crack of an angry, lisping, gay tranny mother?

In which way are you implying? Is this a deleterious attack on my character insinuating that I partake of illicit drugs,

This one

or are you insinuating that, at this very present moment, I am involved with the crack of an angry, lisping, gay tranny mother?

I don't even want to know what you mean here.

Oh, sweet, I did some more research today and Guitar Hero IV will work with Rock Band 1 instruments (for PS3 anyway, it was known a while ago that 360 would be able to do this).

I'm not going to have 3 sets of plastic instruments filling up my room! So now I'll go pre-order Guitar Hero and Fallout 3.

^_^

Oh, sweet, I did some more research today and Guitar Hero IV will work with Rock Band 1 instruments (for PS3 anyway, it was known a while ago that 360 would be able to do this).

I'm not going to have 3 sets of plastic instruments filling up my room! So now I'll go pre-order Guitar Hero and Fallout 3.

^_^

I know you're a gaming guru, but even if they weren't compatible Why.Would.You.Buy.The.Game.On.All.Three.Consoles!!! Same game!

That's not weird and not obsessive. That's just scary! :P

I know you're a gaming guru, but even if they weren't compatible Why.Would.You.Buy.The.Game.On.All.Three.Consoles!!! Same game!

That's not weird and not obsessive. That's just scary! :P

I meant instruments for Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero IV

Took me a while to figure out what the hell you were talking about. :P

Anyone else enjoy the hell out of The Force Unleashed? I was really disappointed with the demo, and reluctantly bought the game (It's Star Wars, I had to!). It's got its fair shares of glitches, but I'm playing it through for the third time now, and I can't get enough. This game was pretty much critically panned by everyone, so I'm wondering if I'm the only one that enjoyed it. It took a while, but I really got into it.

I gather there will be downloadable content available this year (maps/levels, new characters).

I absolutely loved that game. When it opened with you as Darth Vader, I was hooked.

Some targeting issues made it frustrating at times but the game overall was just incredible. I just beat it on sith master and what a great feeling!

Now I can't wait for:

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Deadspace

Call of Duty world at war

Prince of Persia

Silent Hill

Gears 2

I am going to need another job :unsure:

I absolutely loved that game. When it opened with you as Darth Vader, I was hooked.

Some targeting issues made it frustrating at times but the game overall was just incredible. I just beat it on sith master and what a great feeling!

Now I can't wait for:

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Deadspace

Call of Duty world at war

Prince of Persia

Silent Hill

Gears 2

Impressive! I can't get past Palpatine on Sith Lord. I'll be doing well, and then all of a sudden the game starts behaving completely different, and my health is gone in an instant. Some boss battles are incredibly frustrating. Kazdan Paratus and the Emperor were particularly annoying.

Out of your games listed I'm REALLY looking forward to Fallout 3, GoW 2, CoD WaW, and PoP. The Bond game, Quantum of Solace, looks like it may have potential, but it'll be a renter for sure for me. It's funny, you say you'll need another job; I think I'm gonna have to quit mine in order to play of these games!

Now I can't wait for:

Fable 2 pre-ordered

Fallout 3 pre-ordered

Deadspace Waiting on reviews. So far, so good though. IGN liked it

Call of Duty world at war Probably wait till Christmas

Prince of Persia Waiting on reviews

Silent Hill You do know this is out, right? It was pretty bad though.

Gears 2 pre-ordered

Also waiting on:

Guitar Hero IV

Rock Band 2

LittleBigPlanet

The Last Remnant

Left 4 Dead

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

Mirror's Edge

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Far Cry 2

Tom Clancy's EndWar

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Resistance 2

SOCOM: Confrontation

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Mortal Kombat Vs DC

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World

Smackdown Vs Raw 09

Chrono Trigger DS

Tekken 6

And theres what I'll be playing for the rest of 2008

Yet another difference between the Wii and 360 versions. The Wii version had no difficulty options.

You do know when I ask why it would be different, I'm talking about the core gameplay, right? Secondary options don't factor into a port just the physical gameplay. Anything after that is totally up to the developer.

(This comment was in no way personal and as such should not be taken in any way other then one person offering information to another person. Any offense and/or anger taken from this comment should be deemed unnecessary. Have a nice day)

Edited by jetsniper

Impressive! I can't get past Palpatine on Sith Lord. I'll be doing well, and then all of a sudden the game starts behaving completely different, and my health is gone in an instant. Some boss battles are incredibly frustrating. Kazdan Paratus and the Emperor were particularly annoying.

Out of your games listed I'm REALLY looking forward to Fallout 3, GoW 2, CoD WaW, and PoP. The Bond game, Quantum of Solace, looks like it may have potential, but it'll be a renter for sure for me. It's funny, you say you'll need another job; I think I'm gonna have to quit mine in order to play of these games!

I stayed away from the Emperor, he is tough. Darth Vader is a much easier battle IMO.

Also waiting on:

Guitar Hero IV

Rock Band 2

LittleBigPlanet

The Last Remnant

Left 4 Dead

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

Mirror's Edge

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Far Cry 2

Tom Clancy's EndWar

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Resistance 2

SOCOM: Confrontation

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Mortal Kombat Vs DC

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World

Smackdown Vs Raw 09

Chrono Trigger DS

Tekken 6

I forgot about Far Cry 2! The trailers so far have looked really impressive. Graphics look to be on par with Crysis.

I am glad that I don't own a PS3 or I would have to buy all those games you have listed as well. Resistance 2 is going to be fantastic.

I stayed away from the Emperor, he is tough. Darth Vader is a much easier battle IMO.

Agreed, but I'm trying to get the Light Side ending (and subsequent achievement)

Wow, the 360 even has alternate endings? Thank God the controls worked so well for the Wii version, otherwise I'd be pissed.

Yeh, it's just at the very end, you can choose to continue fighting Darth Vader or choose to fight Palpatine.

Yeh, it's just at the very end, you can choose to continue fighting Darth Vader or choose to fight Palpatine.

I love when games let you do that. In the Wii version, you just had to fight both of them, one right after the other. Neither was an especially difficult fight.

I love when games let you do that. In the Wii version, you just had to fight both of them, one right after the other. Neither was an especially difficult fight.

I usually love the alternative endings, but Palpatine is impossible (for me) on this difficulty setting, so I kinda they'd only done one, and I could have beaten him when I went through on the easier setting. :D Now I'm left unfullfilled!

I usually love the alternative endings, but Palpatine is impossible (for me) on this difficulty setting, so I kinda they'd only done one, and I could have beaten him when I went through on the easier setting. :D Now I'm left unfullfilled!

The only tips that I can offer are to hide behind the terminals when he is throwing stuff at you and if at all possible try to pin him against the barrier and he will loose health rapidly.

He sucked!

I forgot about Far Cry 2! The trailers so far have looked really impressive. Graphics look to be on par with Crysis.

I am glad that I don't own a PS3 or I would have to buy all those games you have listed as well. Resistance 2 is going to be fantastic.

The concept for Far Cry 2 is very impressive and if it works, should be an amazing game. The environment is humongous, 50 square kilometers. You basically get dropped in this giant open world and are told "Find this guy and kill him". Only two things have me worried and why it's on my wait-and-see/take from work list

1. Crytek is not involved in any way and the keys have been handed to Ubisoft Montreal who has a very high tendency to dissapoint me (or Ubisoft in general, really)

2. The PC to Console transition. Sometimes it'll go off without a hitch and other times a lot of stuff is lost in translation.

October, I'm most excited over Fable II, LittleBigPlanet (now have this pre-ordered as well), Motorstorm 2 and Fallout 3. Fallout actually leaked last week for the 360 and is getting an overwhelming response. Only people with anything negative to say seem to be the original Fallout fans with a cork up their butt over the fact Bethesda took over from InterPlay.

My big November games are Gears 2, Mirror's Edge (It's taking the one element I loved about Assassin's Creed and turning it into the core gameplay element. I'm really psyched for this game), Resistance 2, Left 4 Dead (love the concept here and it's from Valve so it should be nothing less then fantastic) and The Last Remnant (Square making a WRPG with a JRPG style. What about that doesn't scream amazing?)

The only tips that I can offer are to hide behind the terminals when he is throwing stuff at you and if at all possible try to pin him against the barrier and he will loose health rapidly.

He sucked!

Hmm... I hadn't been able to get him near the barrier, but I'll try that. Thanks!

A couple of games that I am currently playing:

Saints Row 2 - A GTA clone that is a good game but not near the polish or story that GTA4 had. I am enjoying it but unless you are a fan of the first game then I suggest a rent instead of buy.

Silent Hill Homecoming - This game is seriously disturbing. I am a HUGE fan of the Condemned series for it's atmosphere and the sense of panic it gives you. Silent hill is just disturbing, a couple of hours of game play and I feel so angry! The music and sounds will keep you on edge. If you enjoy a convoluted story, enemies that are unique and challenging and music/atmosphere that makes you cringe then this game is for you!

Call of Duty World at War Beta - Very similar to COD4 clothed in a WW2 skin. I am absolutely loving it :clap: Notable differences include attack dogs instead of a helicopter and artillery strike instead of an air strike. The three maps the beta comes with are fairly large and intricate. If you hate campers then you may not enjoy this game, so many places to hide. There are perks for vehicles as well. I plan on buying this game on release day, Nov. 11.

Fable 2 only 6 days away :clap:

Oh wait, I forgot about Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3

Normally that'd be a wait and see game but Gina Carano is part of the cast so I'll be buying it at some point. :wub:

I am so disappointed in the trailers for Red Alert 3. Red Alert 2 is the greatest game ever made and I still play it now.

I don't like the transforming units and it looks like they took a very simple, fun and fast game and turned it in to a complicated mess - all in the name of innovation.

I will still rent it but I doubt it will be a buy.

I am so disappointed in the trailers for Red Alert 3. Red Alert 2 is the greatest game ever made and I still play it now.

I don't like the transforming units and it looks like they took a very simple, fun and fast game and turned it in to a complicated mess - all in the name of innovation.

I will still rent it but I doubt it will be a buy.

Like I said, game quality isn't going to matter to me with Red Alert 3 (because you're right). Gina Carano (my avatar now) is in it so theres a buy. Maybe not at release but when I can get it for 20 used or something. Either way, it'll be in my collection. Her whole shirt was just a big advertisement for RA3 a couple weeks ago in her fight against Kelly Kobold.

Same reason I bought the Pirates of the Carribean game a couple years ago. Game was an absolute mess but Keira Knightley was narrating. I'm down for anything she does. Plus I think it was only 30 bucks.

Just wanting to support some of my favourite idols or celebrities or whatever you want to call them, is all I'm saying.

But what shirt did she have before the MS Draw?

Just some generic tank-top

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive...80x_408090a.jpg

I wanted one of her in the octagon but to have a decent paint job, it needs to be like a precise front-facing picture so my choices were limited. I did an Avs one too and it looks better then the Sens one but I figure it's better to have the Sens one because of HWL. Do you watch MMA Colin? Or are you one of those guys who just see it as human cockfighting (like that moron Bill O'Reilly). Or I guess you could not give a crap and be a neutral. If I had to guess, knowing you were into pro wrestling, I'd say you'd kinda be into it.

And this is all extremely unrelated to the Xbox. :P

Edited by jetsniper