~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking pro... I wasn't aware it came with a year live membership and headset. I figure this purchase will run me around $700 bucks for the system, NHL 08 and Halo 3.

XBOX 360 premium - 399.99

Halo 3 - 69.99 (I'm assuming you're buying the ordinary edition. They're is 2 other editions avaible for 79.99 and 139.99)

NHL 08 - 69.99

XBOX Live gold 1 yr - 59.99

Sub total 599.96

GST 6% 36.00

OST 8% 48.00

Total 683.96

Sadly you were right with your $700 estimate :unsure:

You could save money by buyin in the US tough.

XBOX 360 premium - 399.99

Halo 3 - 69.99 (I'm assuming you're buying the ordinary edition. They're is 2 other editions avaible for 79.99 and 139.99)

NHL 08 - 69.99

XBOX Live gold 1 yr - 59.99

Sub total 599.96

GST 6% 36.00

OST 8% 48.00

Total 683.96

Sadly you were right with your $700 estimate :unsure:

You could save money by buyin in the US tough.

Oh right, I forgot other provinces had another sales tax. Just GST in Alberta.

The Pro is 399.99 at Futureshop but it also comes with Forza 2. It's a little bit less without it at my Futureshop, not sure about other ones.

And you can get the vision pack and get a camera you'll never use too! (for about 100$)

I bought that. It comes with the headset too and it's 90 bucks. So for only 30 bucks more, you get a few free games, the camera (which I play around with all the time) and a headset. It's actually a really good deal.

Oh right, I forgot other provinces had another sales tax. Just GST in Alberta.

The Pro is 399.99 at Futureshop but it also comes with Forza 2. It's a little bit less without it at my Futureshop, not sure about other ones.

I bought that. It comes with the headset too and it's 90 bucks. So for only 30 bucks more, you get a few free games, the camera (which I play around with all the time) and a headset. It's actually a really good deal.

I've got two headsets now... lol. I haven't used the camera all that much - does it plug into a computer? I know some of the Xbox's stuff is compatible with CPs, seeing as it's Microsoft and all.

I've got two headsets now... lol. I haven't used the camera all that much - does it plug into a computer? I know some of the Xbox's stuff is compatible with CPs, seeing as it's Microsoft and all.

Yeah, it does. I couldn't get it to work but I'm not great with computers but it does work with computers.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't generally bring up my own life on forums, but I just have to relay this story.

I've been having a bit of a hard time recently with the pressures bearing down on my life. I am nearing the end of my law school career, meaning homework I have little interest in doing and undignified job hunting. As one might imagine, I'm in a bit of a funk.

My younger brother, to whom I've spoken at length on these issues, gave me a call yesterday and said "Jake, I need you to go to Best Buy right now and find a guy named Jon S." It was the middle of the day and I had little desire to drop my work and drive across town. My brother, however, was insistent. I dropped my legislation reading and drove over to the shop. I found Jon and he said "Oh, you are the brother? Here is your X-Box 360." I was absolutely flabergasted. My younger brother is a med student and doesn't have terribly much disposable income. I took the console (and picked up NHL 2008) and called my brother. Apparently he had talked to my parents about my malaise and they agreed to split the cost of an X Box with him in the hopes that my spirits might be lifted by some retail therapy.

That's some brother.

I don't generally bring up my own life on forums, but I just have to relay this story.

I've been having a bit of a hard time recently with the pressures bearing down on my life. I am nearing the end of my law school career, meaning homework I have little interest in doing and undignified job hunting. As one might imagine, I'm in a bit of a funk.

My younger brother, to whom I've spoken at length on these issues, gave me a call yesterday and said "Jake, I need you to go to Best Buy right now and find a guy named Jon S." It was the middle of the day and I had little desire to drop my work and drive across town. My brother, however, was insistent. I dropped my legislation reading and drove over to the shop. I found Jon and he said "Oh, you are the brother? Here is your X-Box 360." I was absolutely flabergasted. My younger brother is a med student and doesn't have terribly much disposable income. I took the console (and picked up NHL 2008) and called my brother. Apparently he had talked to my parents about my malaise and they agreed to split the cost of an X Box with him in the hopes that my spirits might be lifted by some retail therapy.

That's some brother.

well, i only have a sister, that won't help me to get a 360...

Tell your brother that i'm in a bit of a funk...

Wow simonus, thats an awesome story. Your bro definitely seems like a great guy. Hope the 360 does get you out of your funk. ^_^

pretty much. It hasn't done much to help get my homework done :)

well, i only have a sister, that won't help me to get a 360...

Tell your brother that i'm in a bit of a funk...

I'll see what I can do.

maybe... I get the free month and I'll see how it goes. How much does it cost? Is it worth it?

Look at page 8 of this thread, I talk about Xbox Live.

Fanpuck, we've still got to do a league game! Actually we should figure out how many HW members have Live and 08 and then make a HW-only league.

I've been planning on finally getting 08 this weekend. Probably not a good thing with the exams I have coming up next week but I've waited long enough. ^_^

While the NHL thing builds, we must play Halo now. Halo 3 match with only HW members... who's with me?!?!?! :ninja:

Well I know Cali has NHL 08 and I think HITB has 08 as well. So if Vinny gets it plus Maca, Fanpuck and myself. And then if simonus decides to buy Live.

That puts us at a 7 team league.

still thinking about live, but I have to admit that I am a mediocre video hockey player. I can never seem to get the shot aim controls to work, my stickhandling is woeful, and I have trouble getting the puck in my own zone.

In short.... I'm kinda like the 2002 habs.

still thinking about live, but I have to admit that I am a mediocre video hockey player. I can never seem to get the shot aim controls to work, my stickhandling is woeful, and I have trouble getting the puck in my own zone.

In short.... I'm kinda like the 2002 habs.

:lol:

I don't think any of us would profess to be NHL gaming elite so you wouldn't have to worry.

:lol:

I don't think any of us would profess to be NHL gaming elite so you wouldn't have to worry.

Yeah, I still suck bahd.

I also haven't played any Xbox in two weeks - way too busy with work... where I play games all day anyway... hahaha. Seeing as today is my first day off in the last two weeks, I might actually get a chance to get some gaming in.

Don't think I'll be buying Halo 3 anytime soon though.

I haven't touched my Xbox in ages either, a friend came over last Saturday and we played for a bit but thats about all the gaming I've done on the Xbox this month. It's starting to have trouble reading discs so I have to keep putting the game in and out of the drive until it decides to read.

It's gotten kind of irritating.

I haven't touched my Xbox in ages either, a friend came over last Saturday and we played for a bit but thats about all the gaming I've done on the Xbox this month. It's starting to have trouble reading discs so I have to keep putting the game in and out of the drive until it decides to read.

It's gotten kind of irritating.

That's kind of reassuring, because that's been happening to my friend's 360 the past few weeks. Perfectly clean discs freezing up or not being read in the first place. Sounds like this could be bad news for Microsoft if their systems are wearing out after two years.