Garth Murray on Waivers ...

Theberge43

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely will pass throught waiver.......with flying colors.

I guess his better moments with the Habs where last season towards the end when with Bonk and Begin they managed as a line to do some pretty efficient forecheking on a fairly continueus basis.

Are the players retreating too fast from the offensive zone once they loose control of the puck under Carbo ?

Or as Murray just ate the wrong food in the off-season ?

One thing is shure it seems, our fourth line has been going throught an identity crisis.....is it a league wide

phenomena ? Maybe the despectable decision to impose longuer periods of '' time off '' for commercials this season is killing the game..........some players simply dont get enought ice time per period to get something going.....those 3 stops per period at 2 minutes each are an abomination on the game.

Other teams use there 4th line and it works well. The habs need to get 3 bangers in there to play 6-9 minutes a game, play tough, forechecking and make the D pay for moving the puck.

exactly why we miss Begin!!

Last year he was playing beside bonk and begin.

I am gaining respect for Bonk every day. He makes his wingers better defensively, if that is possible. This year he anchors a great third line and the 4th line is much weaker.

24 hrs, no?

The red alert is on throught the league for......I believe 24 hours.

I never really understood why he was given a 2 year contract by Gainey......but this in itself should preclude any Gm out there to take a chance on him.........Garth, a young and happy millionnaire playing hockey in Hamilton,....I doubt his girl friend will complain.

He really impressed me last season; I can't fathom why he suddenly became such a dud. It may just be part of the learning process for a young guy who has the potential to become a very valuable third-line checker in the mould of Mike Keane. Hopefully he remains in our system - who knows, we may need guys like that down the road.

Half of 575 000$ is not that expensive for teams with no depth.

I hope and believe Toronto will pick him up, he could be their next Chad Kilger for half the salary.

I really believe he will clear waivers.

half-price is only for recall waivers

I think he means half price because the season is half over.