So you need a 2nd line center ?

MAK

I really think that we're a 2nd line center short of a real stanley cup contender.

here are some of the names the could be available.(well some of them I just dream about cause we won't get them)

Calgary: Daymond langkow- Matt Lombardi(montreal born)

Colorado: joe sakic and pierre turgeon. I like the 1st one( It will cost us) and I hope the latter will never end up here.

Dallas: eric lindros: size, grit talent and profound love of our province :D

edmonton: Stoll or horcoff. Edmonton could become a real dancer partner. they need D !!

florida: stumple, jokinen( like FLa would trade him !!) or steven weiss

Detroit: robert lang. could be a good rent-a-player but at what price ??

L.A: conroy will be in demand

rangers: matt cullen as won the cup !!

Phoenix: steven reinprecht

ST Louis: Weight and cajanec

TAmPa BAY richards or lecavalier( what did I say about dreaming ??)

TOronto: stajan and sundin I doubt that toronto would help montreal !!

Vancouver: brenden morrisson could be a good fit but salary too high

washington: Zubrus

any one you like out there ??

I hadn't considered Lombardi, but he would make a nice addition... Realistically, I'm not sure what chances we have of landing any of the aforementionned players. Some interesting ideas though!

i dont have any more names but i told in another thread that Stoll is defenitly my man right shooter, big guy, nice stats...

Edm need a Souray... L.A. a Goaler.... sounds good for a 3 way trade...

I'll give my next years lineup With UFA additions

Higgins Koivu Perez

Lats New Center Kovalev

Samsonov Chipchura Johnson

Begin Pleks Lappiere

Markov Komi

Stuart Dandy

Bouillon Hannon

Extras: Streit, Kosty and hopefully a real tough guy who will actually win a fight.

Higgins Koivu Perez

Lats New Center Kovalev

Begin Pleks Lappiere

Markov Komi

Stuart Dandy

Bouillon Hannon

Extras: Streit, Kosty and hopefully a real tough guy who will actually win a fight.

Get Lang. He'd be a perfect fit for Kovalev.

brenden morrisson, Stoll or horcoff,Daymond langkow- Matt Lombardi. Any of these would be fantastic. I would recommend Morrison and Lombardi as the best fit for the team. I grew up in BC, so I've seen Morrison play for years. He has the odd low productivity period, but for the most part he is consistent.

Edited by BCHabnut

I really think that we're a 2nd line center short of a real stanley cup contender.

here are some of the names the could be available.(well some of them I just dream about cause we won't get them)

Colorado: joe sakic and pierre turgeon. I like the 1st one( It will cost us) and I hope the latter will never end up here.

Dallas: eric lindros: size, grit talent and profound love of our province :D

any one you like out there ??

Wait you'd like to see Lindros in a habs uniform but not Turgeon? :blink:

Lindros can go right to the scrap yard for all I care. I want Cammarelli from LA, he might be a little pricey but he could be 1st line material.

Higgins Koivu Perez

Lats New Center Kovalev

Begin Pleks Lappiere

Markov Komi

Stuart Dandy

Bouillon Hannon

I would love to see Perez on the first line next year but it would suprise the hell outta me. Also I doubt highly Samsonov will make it past the deadline let alone come back next season.

Wait you'd like to see Lindros in a habs uniform but not Turgeon? :blink:

hell yeah. I'm not picking a guy for a popularity contest, I pick them to play hockey.

lindros is younger, bigger, grittier than turgeon. I want a guy that can put kovy in his place when needed and can park his fat ass in front of a goalie on PP !!

We grabbed kovalev a few yrs ago while trading a pick away, and prospect i could see us getting another top talent, not a second tier player, why not trade for a top talent that we would actually target in the offseason, seems to make sense to me

hell yeah. I'm not picking a guy for a popularity contest, I pick them to play hockey.

lindros is younger, bigger, grittier than turgeon. I want a guy that can put kovy in his place when needed and can park his fat ass in front of a goalie on PP !!

if Lindros join the team i will personnaly buy a 1rst row ticket right behind the :hlogo: bench climb the window and kick Lindros ass and Gainey's also for getting Lindros with the team.

Stoll is the man !

if Lindros join the team i will personnaly buy a 1rst row ticket right behind the :hlogo: bench climb the window and kick Lindros ass and Gainey's also for getting Lindros with the team.

Stoll is the man !

I bet that after a week we would all love Lindros if he came here. He didnt want to play for Quebec, he didnt insult the Habs, he insulted our closest rival. Would love for Lindros to come here and win a Stanley cup.

But I dont know why we even talk about him since he will most likely stay in Dallas.

I bet that after a week we would all love Lindros if he came here. He didnt want to play for Quebec, he didnt insult the Habs, he insulted our closest rival. Would love for Lindros to come here and win a Stanley cup.

But I dont know why we even talk about him since he will most likely stay in Dallas.

I would also love to see Lindross win a cup if it was in Montreal but there are hundreds of other players I would rather see do it wearing the CH.

Yeah i thought about Weiss when i picked him in NHL 2006, but then i checked his stats, and i think we got a playmaker again. We definitely need someone that scores.(can) He's fast though i believe, so that would be a good fit!! We need speedy players!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Nagy, Morrison and Conroy are the most realistic. The ideal player would probably be Malkin though but he's about as untouchable as anyone right now.

Lindros is one bump away from retirement, every shift we would be chewing our nails wondering if this was the last one for old Lindros. But he is definitly a force and commands respect, too risky in my opinion.

Lindros?

WTF?

Why are we wasting board space on that guy?

Stoll is the man !

Ya, what you said.

I don't know about Stoll though. He's fast as hell, but I don't know if he has the finish.

First you have to know that Lindros did not wanted to play in THE PROVINCE OF QUÉBEC not for the Nordiques. Nothing to do with our closest rival.

Then, this guy is more likely to die on the ice from a 22nd concussion than to score 20 goals. I don't want that man on my team and even if he was a 40 goals player, i would not want this man either !!!

This is the worst bastard of the league bottom line.

Edited by JoeLassister

I'll say none. There will be no moves. With only a few hundred thousand dollars under the salary cap, there just isn't enough room for trades. Gainey will rightly figure, why make a move that will at best be a parallel move ie., trading Montreals baggage or spare part for somebody else's baggage or spare part? There is no money to improve this team, and the guys who are mentioned in trades arn't worth anything ie., Samsonov, Rivet, Aebischer etc.....

First you have to know that Lindros did not wanted to play in THE PROVINCE OF QUÉBEC not for the Nordiques. Nothing to do with our closest rival.

Correction again. It was his Mommy and Daddy that didn't want himplaying in Quebec. Just like they didn't want him playing in Sault Ste. Marie

I'll say none. There will be no moves. With only a few hundred thousand dollars under the salary cap, there just isn't enough room for trades. Gainey will rightly figure, why make a move that will at best be a parallel move ie., trading Montreals baggage or spare part for somebody else's baggage or spare part? There is no money to improve this team, and the guys who are mentioned in trades arn't worth anything ie., Samsonov, Rivet, Aebischer etc.....

Correction again. It was his Mommy and Daddy that didn't want himplaying in Quebec. Just like they didn't want him playing in Sault Ste. Marie

Not necessarily. Someone might want Abie. Furthermore, teams with cap space will take a player and a draft pick or something for nothing, so that the playoff bound team can have the room to manuver.

I think we will pick someone up near the trade deadline, and maybe two players. Or, we will bring up Grabovski again.

I wouldn't be surprised if a deal goes down - but I suspect it will be the acquisition of a defenceman. Partly as insurance for next season in case we can't sign all our UFA, and partly because I think Bob is still uneasy about our D. Just an intuition.

And you think Eric was like "shut up mommy I want to play in Québec please dady please" ? There are a few guys in the NHL that i'd never want to see in the Canadien jersey just because of non-hockey reasons and Lindros is one of them. Anyway the guy will die on the ice next concussion...