Top 20 prospects

montreal

I had a hard time with where to put Fischer, was hoping for more offense from him but he's been very sound in his own end and I'm excited about his puck moving abilities, although it's all about his upside at this point as he's many years away still most likely. I had Emelin and Fischer switched but haven't seen Emelin since last year, although the safer way to go would be with Emelin then Fischer, imo Fischer's upside could be a top pairing D (if his offense picks up over time) plus I see most of Fischer's games.

Grabovski impresses the hell out of me, I can't say enough about him, although he's still got things to work on. Got to cut down on the turnovers, improve in the face-off circle and some added mass would be great. Really look forward to seeing what he can do in the NHL in 2 years or so. I'm also very interested in what will happen with Kostitsyn, hope he gets another chance this year.

I admit to be a huge O'Byrne fan, like what I've seen from him, also interested to see what he can do in 2 or so years. Also a big fan of the younger Kostitsyn, whereas it's hard to get a good feel for him since he's racking up the points on a powerhouse London team (142 pts in 100 games) Can't wait to see him in Hamilton!

A lot of interesting prospects, guys like White, Maxwell, Aubin, D'Agostini, Mikus, S. Kostitsyn, will be interesting to see if any can become impact NHLers. I like the game White plays and think that Kostitsyn could be a good one. The problem could end up being too much depth, too little spots open, some will likely have to try their luck with another team. I had a hard time with Mikus, look forward to seeing where he ends up next year.

Had to put Milroy on the list, he's been solid all year, hope he gets a shot somewhere at some point. I also really like Lemieux for the effort he puts out plus he's got decent hands.

1. Carey Price

2. Mikhail Grabovski

3. Andrei Kostitsyn

4. David Fischer

5. Kyle Chipchura

6. Alexei Emelin

7. Jaroslav Halak

8. Maxim Lapierre

9. Ryan O’Byrne

10. Siarhei Kostitsyn

11. Ryan White

12. Ben Maxwell

13. Mathieu Carle

14. Matt D’Agostini

15. Mathieu Aubin

16. Pavel Valentenko

17. Juraj Mikus

18. Duncan Milroy

19. Jonathan Ferland

20. Francis Lemieux

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....article&sid=45

I was reading that before. Good stuff Dan.

Quick question though, seeing how Emelin coverage is quite non-existant, what still keeps the guy so well placed in the rankings?

He got rave reviews for his play at the Euro Cup, for the Russian Senior National team and should be in the running for the WC team. His coach and Timmins both had good things to say about his play during this tournament and he's still only 20. We could use his aggressive style of hockey, will be interesting to see how things shape up between Russia and the NHL/IIHF this summer.

Nice report Dan!

If the Habs biggest problem is having too much depth in their system, well that's a beautiful problem to have. :-)

thanks dan... you da man...

great read!

GO :hlogo: GO!

Hey montreal. whats your take on siarhei Kostitsyn ??

he'S the big cat in London and he has 82 points in 42 games.

Wow good list, a glimpse of what the team may look like in 5-10 years. Many of us, especially the non-NA people, have a hard enough time simply following the present team. Thanks!

Hey montreal. whats your take on siarhei Kostitsyn ??

he'S the big cat in London and he has 82 points in 42 games.

I'm a big fan of his game, really like the way he plays the game. Yea the points are really impressive to me, but it's the way he plays that has my attention. He plays without fear in London, drives into heavy traffic with the puck at high speed, throws his body around to make a big hit. Plus his wrist shot and vision on the ice make for a very interesting prospect. That said we need to see how he handles the next level, each level gets harder and while he's clearly shown to be dominate at the ohl level (was outstanding in the playoffs last year) we'll see what he does in Hamilton next year, can't wait to see it.