Game Thread | 2007 NHL All-Star Game | 24.01.07

Cataclaw

Nice thread ... however, I'm sure interest in this game is pretty low. It counts for nothing, there wil be very few hits, no fights, no trash talking, and the score will be something silly like 19 to 15. I actually feel sorry for the goalies during these games.

Embarassment for the league - makes shinny look like high quality hockey. This isn't selling the game, it's a misrepresentation of the product and should be ended.

I watched two mintes of the young stars "game", what a crock. Didn't see any hockey at all.

Embarassment for the league - makes shinny look like high quality hockey. This isn't selling the game, it's a misrepresentation of the product and should be ended.

I watched two mintes of the young stars "game", what a crock. Didn't see any hockey at all.

I'm watching it all. It's horrible. But meh, if it's a fun experience for the players... lol.

Yeah, i agree with most of the comments.

The young star game was almost a complete joke. Everyone seemed to stand still, there was no intensity, it was just pass-pass-goal. Pass-pass-goal. Breakaway-goal. Still fun to watch, but not at all representative of normal NHL hockey.

Only reason i'm watching tomorrow is to root for our Habs :) Hope Souray rips a couple of good ones!

:hlogo:

The young guns game was exactly what the NHL wanted some pretty highlight reel goals. Both teams played a strategy of leaving a player in the neutral zone to increase odd man rushes and breakaways.

The skills comp as alright wish I could have seen Sheldon in the shootout,

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but the only player without a point in the Young Guns "game" was Evgeni Malkin, the worst cherry picker in the game. He never even entered the defensive zone and still couldn't crack the scoresheet, :lol: There is some justice?

Speaking of Malkin, why was he in this game and not the real deal? How is Williams an All'Star ahead of Malkin?

I didn't like the new format. Splitting up the shootouts was stupid, and I lived when they had the breakaway realy, made it more interesting. And what the heck was up with the end of the shootout competition where Crosby and Selanne each got three chances each, with each one counting for 3 points? That would have ruined the whole night if a team behind 8 going into that would have gone 3-3 to win it after getting dominated in all the other competitions.

@ Fanpuck on Malkin:

Yeah, he looked bored out there actually. They had Jordan Staal mic'd up and you could hear him tell Malkin to stay at the red-line, so I'm guessing that was the coach's decision. *shrug*

The fact that Justin Williams was there and Koivu wasn't bugs me :P

For skills games i would like more a tournament than a conference/indivudual competition.

Take the 8 best slapshotter.

One on one competition. Until somebody win.

Like the homerun derby who cares if you had one 550 feet home run if you didn't win the first round.

That would be more a challenge for the players.

And this three players on the goalie is crap. I would prefer a tournament of the 8 best fighters in the league. :P

What would be a cool idea is no game and make it a 3 or 4 day thing where each team sends.

1. Goalie

2. Shooter

3, Skater

4. Young kid

Have them play eachother for the corwn in a massive skills comp.

Canadian anthem singer was awful. Why do singers feel the need to change the notes of such songs?

What would be a cool idea is no game and make it a 3 or 4 day thing where each team sends.

1. Goalie

2. Shooter

3, Skater

4. Young kid

Have them play eachother for the corwn in a massive skills comp.

I've been thinking about something similar, mainly because I'd love to see how Jason Chimera compares to the rest of the league's fast skaters. That man can flat out fly.

lol, the anthem singer fell, and then Michelle Branch's microphone messed up.

Looking forward to seeing Huet play the 3rd. I really expected him to play the 2nd... lol. Brodeur got lit up.

Souray scored... on his own net. (I didn't actually see it though)

Meh, nothing exciting really.