2009 All-Star game in Montreal!

rafikz

The last all-star game in Montreal was held in 1993. What else happened that year... hmmm. Oh yeah - Cup #24.

Methinks a 25th Stanley Cup in our centennial would be an appropriate way to celebrate! (of course, it would be even better if it was our 27th Cup!) :D

:hlogo:

Edited by Mont Royale

The Allstar game is stupid. Worst hockey in the world. I'd love to see a "No Star" game where all the players making under 2.5 or 3 Million would have a chance to play.

Don't count on tickets. The NHL schmoozefest will probably fill the lower bowl with corporate suits.

Leaving a lottery for the upperbowl more than likely. That was what happened in T.O.

The Allstar game is stupid. Worst hockey in the world. I'd love to see a "No Star" game where all the players making under 2.5 or 3 Million would have a chance to play.

I like that idea. Take the 40 lowest paid players in the league and make a weekend out of it with the skills competition except instead of fastest skater or hardest shot have hardest knockout punch or best shot blocking :lol:

Seriously the allstar game is a real bore. I just wanted to watch the competition to see how Souray and Huet would do. The game itself I couldn't care less about.

Do you guys think that CBC will show the game?

:lol:

Someone on a blog elsewhere had a good line - 'how is the CBC going to avoid showing THAT game?' (referring to their lack of coverage of games in Montreal, of course).

Seriously though, yes they'll show it. But they'll compensate by discussing non-stop the one Leafs player who made it.

Yeah, that'd be great. :blink: If they decide to do it, there should be lots of seats available for you!

Okay. Everyone all at once now...

WHO CARES.

Exactly.

I used to enjoy it as a kid.....but now....what a snoozefest. Most of the players (older ones with wives and kids anyways) don't even want to be there and it shows.

Do like Baseball did and say the winner of the game gets home ice advantage for the playoffs.....then it might be worth watching

Do like Baseball did and say the winner of the game gets home ice advantage for the playoffs.....then it might be worth watching

:puke: It's totally ridiculous and unfair to base something as important as home field/ice advatange in the finals. At most a team will have 3-4 players helping decide who gets the home advantage. Who wants Yanic Perreault, ed Jovanovski, and Jason Blake helping determine who gets home ice in the finals?

:puke: It's totally ridiculous and unfair to base something as important as home field/ice advatange in the finals. At most a team will have 3-4 players helping decide who gets the home advantage. Who wants Yanic Perreault, ed Jovanovski, and Jason Blake helping determine who gets home ice in the finals?

IS it not totally ridiculous that a team like say Detroit or Nashville gets to play St. Louis, Chicago and Columbus 8 times each, which is a potentially easy 48 points, while not having to play tough eastern confrence teams like Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo, Carolina ect more than once? Montreal sure doesn't get a break like that. They have a tough slog with having to play Buffalo, Ottawa, Toronto and Boston 8 times each...all tough teams who are close to or over .500. How fair is that? Nashville could have home ice advantage while racking up points against inferior teams.

Not only does having the allstar game dictate home ice advantage for the stanley cup playoffs make the players play better, it gives the fans a reason to be interested. And since every team is represented in the allstar game it gives every team a chance to decide who gets it.

And it would seem to me that Perreault, Blake and Jovanovski all had more points in the allstar game than did Sidney Crosby...so watch who you pick on....

ITs not as totally redicuolous as larger nets, and shootouts and terrible refereeing and all the other stupid things that Gary Bettman and the NHL have thrust upon us in recent years.

Edited by kaos