Lapierre to Hamilton and now back to Montreal

GOHABSGO22

montreal wants to save as much $$ as possible. besides, bégin will be back real soon.

it's only a matter of time, Max !!

Upcoming games:

Jan 26 - San Antonio @ Hamilton

Jan 27 - Manitoba @ Hamilton

Feb 2 - Hamilton @ Philadelphia

Jan 27 - Montréal @ Toronto

Jan 29 - Ottawa @ Montréal

Looking at the schedule I doubt it has something to do with Lapierre playing during the break.

In todays La Presse I read that Bégin hopes to start practising with the team as of thursday, after practising without pucks for a couple of weeks now..

$$$..?

1010893-sm.jpg

Money saved ? with Murray in Montreal still counting against the cap ?

I don't believe it, i think that he is back in Hamilton for a long while again. 4-5 minutes a game is not nearly enough for him to get back in the grove.

I think we will see more and more 3 lines rolling in Montreal.

I doubt that, in the last 2 games both wins, the 4th line was getting close to 10 minutes and playing very well. I think he'll be back soon enough. Begin was awful playing center, so i expect him back to wing. There wouldn't be anyone to center that line. Even with Begin back, i beleive they would still have 3 healthy scratches. Niinimaa, Downey, Streit. Leaving Begin Lappierre and Perez.

I'd have to agree that when Begin does come back he should play the wing where he is more effective. Playing center had him running around out of position too much, thus we need Lapierre to stay centering the 4th line. He would replace Streit, who would in turn move back to the blueling as there is no way he should sit. As i have mentioned before, he should replace either Rivet or Boullion. Most likely Boullion.

Thus we have:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Lats-Plekanec-Kovalev

Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson

Begin-Lapierre-Perezhogin

Markov-Komi

Souray-Dandy

Streit-Rivet

spares-Ninimaa, Boullion, Downey

If we have an injury(which is likely at somepoint), Boullion or Ninimaa can step in on the backline and Streit can move up. Unless we call up Kostitsyn or Grabs to fill the spot. Don't really want to see Murray back in the lineup. Downey, i don't mind if we need physical presence, even if he is a liability with the puck.

Just my thoughts.

Streit should not be a healthy scratch....In the last few weeks I would rate his play very highly and one of the more consistent habs. Streit cannot be benched!...it is possible he moves back to play D though.

I agree with that. Streit has been excellent..much better than I thought he would be. I especially like him as a forward. The thing is he has been improving all the time which is what you want to see. I think Carbo recognizes that and will keep him in the line-up. He should stay in as a forward because he's developing a touch around the net and I love the way he forechecks. Never would of thought that after they passed up Hainsey for him but I guess Bob saw something and he was right.

I'm not sure I understand this move. It must mean that Begin will be ready for our next game.

That would be incredible seeing as he has not had a practice since December 9th.

Edited by JMMR

Nope Bégin as a hard time taking a full practice.

I fear that Murray will be back at the center position for Saturday night game with Downey and Perezhogin.

Poor Perezhogin what has he done to deserve this, i would by myself a ticket back to play with the Metallurg,Russia if i was him.

Nope Bégin as a hard time taking a full practice.

I fear that Murray will be back at the center position for Saturday night game with Downey and Perezhogin.

Poor Perezhogin what has he done to deserve this, i would by myself a ticket back to play with the Metallurg,Russia if i was him.

So Streit is not playing. I would imagine it is one of Downey or Murray in but I doubt both.

Looking at the schedule I doubt it has something to do with Lapierre playing during the break.

In todays La Presse I read that Bégin hopes to start practising with the team as of thursday, after practising without pucks for a couple of weeks now..

$$$..?

$$$

now, let's hope he's in tonight's lineup.

Lapierre was sent down today.

Lapierre is back in Montreal. That was fast.

i wonder if westjet gives return ticket deals to the canadiens...

GO :hlogo: GO!

i wonder if westjet gives return ticket deals to the canadiens...

Funny you should say that NHL teams must produce receipt's for players travel to prove they were ACTUALLY sent down.

Funny you should say that NHL teams must produce receipt's for players travel to prove they were ACTUALLY sent down.

fair enough... i expect there are managers out there who would be quite willing to 'bend the rules' a bit