Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Maple Leafs de Toronto | 01/27/07

Spider-Man NL

My buddy and I have tickets to the game and we'll be there cheering...

We're extremely pumped for this one!!!!

Have fun beliveau, one thing you'll notice is that there are tons of habs fans there!

GO HABS GO

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason that we shouldn't win this one by a couple of goals...all it takes is a good effort. Not even a great effort, just a good one...and a touch of discipline with regards to taking penalties.

No reason that we shouldn't win this one by a couple of goals...all it takes is a good effort. Not even a great effort, just a good one...and a touch of discipline with regards to taking penalties.

Valid point. STAY OUT OF THE BOX!!

Toronto kills us when we are in the box.

GOt the call last night. I'll be heading to the game. My wife's uncle works for an advertising company that has a box at the ACC. All you can eat and drink. Only downside is that there all Leaf fans and they all know nothing about hockey. And we have to talk business for 30 atleast 30 minutes.....I don't know anything about advertising....maybe I could suggent Montreal Canadiennes Billboards or something?

Go :hlogo: go!

Get out to an early lead and set the tone for the rest of the season!

A 4-3 win for us, Plecks scoring 1 and setting up 1. This after a wedding reception at a posh Tokyo hotel, where the juice of the barley (and grape and potato) were in full effect.

GOt the call last night. I'll be heading to the game. My wife's uncle works for an advertising company that has a box at the ACC. All you can eat and drink. Only downside is that there all Leaf fans and they all know nothing about hockey. And we have to talk business for 30 atleast 30 minutes.....I don't know anything about advertising....maybe I could suggent Montreal Canadiennes Billboards or something?

Just call Alfonso Gagliano, he knows a thing or two about media and sponsorship.

I really hope the Habs play well tonight and you can gaurentee that the PK will have to be strong and kill one or two 5 on 3's.

LOL you got that right!!!

i expect big tonight! lets hope the rest that higgins had sufficed for him to get back to his old self!!! cause koivu is going to be smoking tonight!!! mark my words!

Are the lines set? Any info yet?

Since Higgins hasn't been able to play like he did before his injury I was thinking this could be the time to try somehing new...

How about this? Have they tried this?

Samsonov - Koivu - Kovalev

Latendresse - Higgins - Ryder

Plekanec - Bonk - Johnsson

Streit - Begin - Perezhogin

Are the lines set? Any info yet?

Since Higgins hasn't been able to play like he did before his injury I was thinking this could be the time to try somehing new...

How about this? Have they tried this?

Samsonov - Koivu - Kovalev

Latendresse - Higgins - Ryder

Plekanec - Bonk - Johnsson

Streit - Begin - Perezhogin

TSN Ice Chips say that Murray will play instead of Streit. Interesting.

Hey SPIdEY !! Lapierre is down in hamilton.

maybe samsonov could put some effort and try to impress scouts !!

well, well, well. apparently Montreal has recalled Lapierre and failed to tell me about it !! :angry:

well, well, well. apparently Montreal has recalled Lapierre and failed to tell me about it !! :angry:

This cool if true, but if it just in the mill... too bad. If he's rested, and there for the game, he could cause some serious damage, notice he plays a pretty agressive 4-check and doesn't spend time in the box. The rest of the squad has no reason not to be up for this game. If :hlogo: can keep the feafs on their heels for half the game, we could smoke 'em 5 or 6 to 1. It's about time we blew someone out of the rink. We've got no excuses tonight, no flu, no (or few) injuries, and even the extra day after the all-star break. Since Huet was prime in the all-star game, a jump straight to a ****-out is possible. No spelled - not jinxed. Only negative I can see is being in Toronto. And that's not so bad considering it's at least 5 degrees colder here in MTL.

I say the habs should try and do their part in getting Mr. Ferguson fired... if you know what I mean. Skate boys, skate.

Cheers and beers, GHG

Edited by jtvoxboi

TSN Ice Chips also says that Begin will play tonight. I thought he was pretty doubtful for tonight. Any thoughts on this. If this is true......why havent we made a deal of it?! It would be a great sparkplug!! :clap:

TSN Ice Chips also says that Begin will play tonight. I thought he was pretty doubtful for tonight. Any thoughts on this. If this is true......why havent we made a deal of it?! It would be a great sparkplug!! :clap:

TSN is on Crack Ice... dont they have anyone that can read french ,, RDS issues a complete 2 minutes on Stevie-B he hasnt had a full practice and imagine putting him against the leafs..

Downey is in

look at what P Maurice said

"We're built physically to play well against them," Leafs coach Paul Maurice said after practice Friday. "We've gone into Montreal with a little bit of anger and an edge. That's helped us.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=193789&hubname=nhl

Ahahha and I do like hearing this!

"We've worked hard against them. Maybe some of the guys who came back from last year heard enough over the course of six months about the weekend that did them in."

"The weekend that did them in" If I had a musical group I'd name it that! TWTDTI ROCK ON!!

GO :hlogo: GO!!!

I really don't see the point of Downey being in tonight.

In other news, incase nobody has announced it, Lapierre has been called back up.

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/222013.html

If you already knew of this, my bad.

that is the big question surrounding Downey... do we need Downey? But to counter your claim if there is one night or one team you would need your pseudo enforcer I dont see how you cannot think of it being tonight...