Suggestions for next All Stars games

JoeLassister

I think the fans should vote for the starting 6 from a list established by the coaches with players who they will invite anyway. There would be no Cheechoo or Rory.

Also, screw that non-written rule who says that we must invite a player from every team. What the hell was Jason Blake doing there ??? Where was Kovalchuk and Jagr, Iginla and Datsuyk.

And for the skills contest, why not invite top players by their performance at a team contest. For example, if in all the league, Souray, Chara and Kilger or any other players got the best shot THEY are the one who participate. If Perezhogin is one of the 8 fastest guys around the rink, he must be invited with all the Afinogenov and fast skaters.

Same for the shootout. I WANNA SEE DATSUYK DAMN !!!!

there actually isn't a rule in hockey that every team has to be represented (I believe) the rumour is that with the announcements of the new jerseys the league wanted one player from every team either at the all star game. Correct me if Im wrong but im fairly sure that it isn't a formalized rule.

edit: Iginla has also been hurt and wasn't able to compete in the allstar game.

Jagr also chose to rest his srugically repaired shoulder. I like your idea of the voting. Announce the rosters and then let the popularity contest that is fan voting choose the staters. Doesn't mean much, but gives fans some inclusion in the choices.

As for the skills competition, I've had similar thoughts, but it just wouldn't work. Players enjoy the time off to spend with families away from the rink. Sending 8 players just to compete in an even where each one will spend under a minute competing isn't realistic IMO. I love the idea, but don't think it would work.

Do all teams have their own competition? I don't remember ever hearing about a Habs of Jackets competition, but have heard about other teams doing it.

Jagr also chose to rest his srugically repaired shoulder. I like your idea of the voting. Announce the rosters and then let the popularity contest that is fan voting choose the staters. Doesn't mean much, but gives fans some inclusion in the choices.

As for the skills competition, I've had similar thoughts, but it just wouldn't work. Players enjoy the time off to spend with families away from the rink. Sending 8 players just to compete in an even where each one will spend under a minute competing isn't realistic IMO. I love the idea, but don't think it would work.

Do all teams have their own competition? I don't remember ever hearing about a Habs of Jackets competition, but have heard about other teams doing it.

In NBA, do all the players of the Slam Dunk Contest play the All Stars game??? not sure. But it's right that Chad Kilger wouldn't travel to Anaheim or Dallas just to shoot twice. Remains that i was sure the winner would be Chara or Souray. No other player on the ice was able to shoot as hard as them. Same for the target challenge. I'm sure Ryder could compete with these guys. The athletes who just attend in the skills challenge wouldn't waste their time by getting a VIP ticket for the party...

Some dude like actor Mike Myers (i know he's a leaf fan) or any celebrity should organize a big party with beer, drugs and models like P.Diddy or Elton John do for the Superbowl.

Edited by JoeLassister

1. Coaches get to pick their own teams. If fan balloting stays, then the top two vote-getters at each position, regardless of conference, get picked first, then whomever the coaches choose.

2. Hall of Fame inductees get to coach the teams. If you have more than two inductees, then have co-coaches. If there's only one inductee, then an alumnus from the host team coaches.

3. Alumni from the host team coaches.

Edited by RobRock

I posted this somewhere else ... make a NoStar game, where all the players who make under 2 Mil per season can compete ... and they play for something they actually want.

In NBA, do all the players of the Slam Dunk Contest play the All Stars game??? not sure. But it's right that Chad Kilger wouldn't travel to Anaheim or Dallas just to shoot twice. Remains that i was sure the winner would be Chara or Souray. No other player on the ice was able to shoot as hard as them. Same for the target challenge. I'm sure Ryder could compete with these guys. The athletes who just attend in the skills challenge wouldn't waste their time by getting a VIP ticket for the party...

Some dude like actor Mike Myers (i know he's a leaf fan) or any celebrity should organize a big party with beer, drugs and models like P.Diddy or Elton John do for the Superbowl.

Kovalev would dominate that targets competition.

All-Star game comes after the Stanley Cup. Cup champs against the League all-stars. "Are the Cup winners able to beat even the league all-stars with the system they have?" Little worry about injuries since it's the end of the season and the game might be played a little tougher.

All-Star game comes after the Stanley Cup. Cup champs against the League all-stars. "Are the Cup winners able to beat even the league all-stars with the system they have?" Little worry about injuries since it's the end of the season and the game might be played a little tougher.

It's an exhibition game with nothing on the line. There will be no toughness to be found no matter when you play it. Just do what most fans do, watch the skills competition and leave it at that.

Go the Bud Selig route and make it stand for something. Winning conference gets home ice advantage in the Stanley Cup Finals.

:puke: Bud Selig is a idiot and has done more to hurt basbeall than he will ever know. It's totally ridiculous and unfair to base somethine as important as home field/ice advatange in the finals. At most a team will have 3-4 players helping decide who gets the home advantage. And nobody wants Yanic Perreault and Jason Blake helping determine who gets home ice in the finals.

Int'l club championship game in the works

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=193668&hubname=nhl

The NHL's All-Star Game is gone until next season, but International Ice Hockey Federation president Rene Fasel is angling to put on a different battle of the stars: The Stanley Cup champion vs. the best team in Europe.

A new idea which has surfaced. Not sure if it would actually replace the All-Star game itself though.

-Semi european rinks! the game needs wider rinks to see the Crosby's and Ovechkins skate

-Cheerleaders! see Thrashers and others

-Did I mention lightly and tightly dressed gals?

How's about this idea. Have a two game, two-team series against the AHL's best. If the AHL team wins, they get promoted for a month and the NHL players get demoted for a month, beginning the next regular season game. The AHL gets the salary of the NHL player they replace, and the NHL players gets the AHL salary of the player they replace, so there's no cap effect. And the waiver rules do not apply until after the month has passed.

Int'l club championship game in the works

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=193668&hubname=nhl

A new idea which has surfaced. Not sure if it would actually replace the All-Star game itself though.

I'd actually like to see a training camp tournament featuring the defending Cup champions vs the champions of the various European leagues, played in Europe, with the money going to supplement the transfer fees NHL clubs pay to the IIHF.

NHL Champ

Russia

Czech Rep

Sweden

Finland

Slovakia

Switzerland

Germany

Two pools, four teams each, crossover in playoff round. Six games at maximum, which shouldn't take more than two weeks, and it would then allow for the NHL team to come back, take two or three days off, then play another two or three exhibition games against NHL clubs.

Don't think so. Watching NHL players play keep-away with the women, and winning 20-0 wouldn't interest anybody.

The only way this idea could be interesting is to mix the 10 better women players with NHL stars 5 on both team and see what would happen.

let rory fitzpatrick really play...

darn...

GO :hlogo: GO!