Koivu!

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...a8e&k=80720

Decisively cancer-free, thank God. :clap:

Not an all-time great habs in terms of on-ice achievement, but very definitely one of the most heroic and inspiring men ever to wear the CH. And that's really saying something.

This could partially explain his slump prior to the break - anxiety about how the test would turn out. Look for him to fly in the next few weeks. :hockey:

That's great news for him personally. Congrats to the captain. Not embarrassed to have my daughter wear a mini-Koivu shirt in any way.

Great inspiration to everyone, even if he had never played hockey before. Certainly a will to live and be healthy there, beyond logic and science and rationale.

still have the tape of the game when he came back against ottawa. as foolish as it sounds, it's the only thing I watch that gets me so emotional.

What a leader and wonderful spirit; we are lucky to bare witness to such events. In many ways I believe in fate and I know Koivu leads our habs for a reason. His inspiration will not go unnoticed. He leadership and style will be spoken about and compared to for years to come.

GO HABS GO!

The 5 year remission mark is a milestone for health care professionals and patients alike.....I know this must clear his mind a bit. Expect to see a VERY determined Saku tonight and for the rest of the season. Maybe he can rub some emotion off on Sammy!

He is truly a warrior

Very happy for him, he his by far the greatest Captain among every Captain in the league...and as you said tongith game is going to be amazing to watch...expect big from Koivu, who should be overwhelemed and happy with the news...get em tiger!! heheh

GO Koivu GO

The storm, then the heavy black clouds hanging there for so long..........suddenly everything's cleared up and is replaced by the brilliant endlessly open sky of youth once more........koivu must be absolutly elated by the conclusive medical rapport.....I cant see it not being an uplifting experience for the people around him nor having immediate and positive consequences on our club's attitude and performances either.

Viva el capitan !

It's always nice to hear good news about our lion-hearted captain. As always, I wish nothing but the best for Saku! I predict he'll score a hattrick tonight!

Good news for Koivu.

Just to make it clear though 5 years of disease free survival is not a cure. It is simply an arbitrary landmark used by clinicians to differentiate among different treatments for the same disease. That is, Drug A gives 80% disease free survival at 5 years while Drug B gives 60%. This allows the identification of superior treatments.

All in all, lymphoma, especially Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, is a serious disease and can recur at any time. BUT...this is good news.

very happy news for him and his family...

GO :hlogo: GO!