Game Thread | Senators vs. Montreal | 01/29/07

Spider-Man NL

If Dryden [and the whole retired jersey thing] can't get this team going they have no heart! Seriously, Dryden should stick around and visit the team during intermission; in case they need a swift kick in the arse..........

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Factor A: 8-3 drubbing in Ottawa

Factor B: Loss to Leafs

Factor C: Sens Hockey Night in Barbados gaffe

Factor D: Dryden

FOUR factors which spell win.

IT HAD BETTER! :angry:

Oh you can do better than that.

1. W hitewash in Ottawa

2. I rresponsible play against the Leafs

3. N ow we're retiring the jersey of a former great

Three factors which really DO spell win. :P

I hate retirement jersey nights because the teams always come out flat (because of all the time dedicated to the ceremony) and players aren't as mentally focused as they would be when they have the warm up...and then the game right away. I expect a slow start to the top part of the first, and one shift midway through the first will make the speed of the game escalate! I expect the Habs to come out and pull off a close one...5-4 is my prediction...So for those of you who are in Montreal, go to Cage...Your getting your free wings tonight!

Edited by justintb

Actually, I don't like to stick up for the CBC, but when Ron mentioned that this was going to be available he also said that teh CBC didn't have the rights to show the game.

My guess would this be a case of CBC and RDS getting the rights to the games before the sweater induction ceremony was announced so they couldn't go back and get this game.

i just doen't make sense to me. CBC showed the ceremony and the entire game when Detroit honored Stevie Y. It was in the middle of the week and 2 US teams playing. Certainly they could do the same for our Habs. Or does Detroit not have another TV channel covering them.

I hate retirement jersey nights because the teams always come out flat (because of all the time dedicated to the ceremony) and players aren't as mentally focused as they would be when they have the warm up...and then the game right away. I expect a slow start to the top part of the first, and one shift midway through the first will make the speed of the game escalate! I expect the Habs to come out and pull off a close one...5-4 is my prediction...So for those of you who are in Montreal, go to Cage...Your getting your free wings tonight!

According to CTV, the warm up will be after the ceremony. Puck will not drop until 8:25 or so. No excuse for a slow start.

Actually, I don't like to stick up for the CBC, but when Ron mentioned that this was going to be available he also said that teh CBC didn't have the rights to show the game.

My guess would this be a case of CBC and RDS getting the rights to the games before the sweater induction ceremony was announced so they couldn't go back and get this game.

CBC is English Language, RDS is French. They shouldn't have jack squat to do with each other. If they did, RDS would never broadcast a game Saturday night.

I think Dryden talks so long, the Senators fall asleep and we get an early 3 goal lead. I also predict that Kenny stops talking about 9:30 Wednesday morning.

Al really should have wrote something down.

REBOUND NIGHT!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

gonna be tough one but sure can happen...

do it for the Kenner...

GO :hlogo: GO!

i'm watching the dryden retirement number celebration.

'

his brother dave is talking and, compared to ken, he's REALLY thin... i wonder if he's feeling well...

it was a shock to see him compared to ken who's quite 'portly'.

wow... dryden certainly is comfortable behind a mic... he surely is a politician... the way he speaks and the words he uses...

don't know if he'd have been a good prime minister or not but he talk it up...

I found this in wikipedia:

"His regular season totals include a .790 winning percentage, a 2.24 goals against average, and, most incredibly, losing only 57 games while recording 46 shutouts in 397 total games."

I know that this took place during the reign of the Big Three, Guy Lafleur, the Mahovlichs, Yvan Cournoyer, Scotty Bowman, etc... but still... these are astounding stats!!!

Edited by shortcat1