Game Thread | Senators vs. Montreal | 01/29/07

Spider-Man NL

Well all and all a pretty solid effort, semi-physical tonight. I'm glad i have to eat some crow for predicting a loss. I hope this team shows up against the pens. Aebi should get the start.

Pleks, Aebi, Dandenault (yep i said it) were all outstanding.

Honorable mention to Streit

1st and 2nd lines were average

3rd and 4th very good.

Defense was average, looked good in the offensive zone, still needs alot of work in there own end.

Does anyone find it funny how Souray calls everyone out, and other then 1 shot he was possibly the worst player on the ice. Undressed twice and 2 stupid penalties.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone find it funny how Souray calls everyone out, and other then 1 shot he was possibly the worst player on the ice. Undressed twice and 2 stupid penalties.

I don't think he played as bad as you describe. Excluding his goal, average play perhaps, but not medicore. As for the penalties, they were marginal calls.

Edited by Cataclaw

I don't think he played as bad as you describe. Excluding his goal, average play perhaps, but not medicore. As for the penalties, they were marginal calls.

Umm, average and mediocre are pretty much the same thing.

Well, that's Souray for you.

I agree. We need leaders on this team to step up and speak out. Souray gets a big star in my books for tonight. Not only did he make his voice heard before the game; he shows up and plays hard and scores the first goal in the game.

And I agree; its wonderful to see the team skate and play hard. QUick line changes, great passing. Getting back on the play to help out the D-men. That was an impressive team game tonight.

Maybe we should retire a number before every game. Or start every game 1.5 hours late... either way I'm all for playing with heart and passion.

This game reminded me of the effort from our team in 1993. All hands on deck! GO HABS GO!

Umm, average and mediocre are pretty much the same thing.

Outside of the dictionary, "mediocre" has started to mean "slightly less than average"

I wouldn't be surprised if it's definition is changed at some point to reflect how it's being used now.

I hate that damn Chris Neil, I hope he get his ass handed to him soon.

Outside of the dictionary, "mediocre" has started to mean "slightly less than average"

I wouldn't be surprised if it's definition is changed at some point to reflect how it's being used now.

Yes, the pejorative sense of the word is bellow average, however, the actual meaning is average, or rather, middle.

Definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mediocre

If you are interested in words, that is, if you are a logophile, make sure to consider the etymology of the word. It will always point you towards the intended meaning of the word in its origin.

On a habs note, any once notice that Souray is now our leading goal scorer? Yikes.... offence has to pick it up or we will have no problem fitting under the cap as the whole forward crew will have to take a pay cut ;)

Edited by Bacchus

Yes, the pejorative sense of the word is bellow average, however, the actual meaning is average, or rather, middle.

Definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mediocre

If you are interested in words, that is, if you are a logphile, make sure to consider the etymology of the word. It will always point you towards the intended meaning of the word in its origin.

you have made some pwogwess with the language of the infidels, comrade Kim...

but you must hit the books hah-dah. :P

I don't agree with pay cuts for p*ss-poor 'scoring' forwards. But I wouldn't mind seeing Samsonov and Ryder pulling a couple of punitive shifts at the hot-dog stand.

you have made some pwogwess with the language of the infidels, comrade Kim...

but you must hit the books hah-dah. :P

Its because I'm so wonwee ... I habe noffing to do but lead fe dictionely.

Hot dog stands, time in the Youppi suit ... whatever lights a fire under some underscoring butts. :lol:

Edited by Bacchus

Right - scoring the game-tying goal doesn't count :clap:

Right - scoring the game-tying goal doesn't count :clap:

I believe that that was the one shot he was refering to.

But yeah, I think that scoring a game tying goal is putting his money where his mouth is, and that everyone makes mistakes. I also think that speaking up to motivate your team, like someone else wrote, is good leadership ... and great when he pots one to back it up.

me·di·o·cre /ˌmidiˈoʊkər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mee-dee-oh-ker] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective

1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.

2. rather poor or inferior.

Considering one of the two definitions for mediocre is essentially "crappy" and the other is "so-so", it averages out to a definition of "meh".

So i stand by my earlier use of the word!

I was impressed tonight, every line had chances to score the third period the Canadiens sat back a bit and played a little defensive but they got the win and proved thy are as good if not better than the Senators.

Aebischer was fantastic except for that first goal and one or two bad rebounds I really hope he starts next game and I would personally play him until he looses.

Boy, I'll tell you what, that A Concerned Fan fellow? He hit the nail on the head with his commentary on the main site yesterday. The Habs followed his coaching template to a 't' and dominated this game against the Sens. Someone should hire this ACF guy - he's da bomb.

:lol::P

Boy, I'll tell you what, that A Concerned Fan fellow? He hit the nail on the head with his commentary on the main site yesterday. The Habs followed his coaching template to a 't' and dominated this game against the Sens. Someone should hire this ACF guy - he's da bomb.

The guy is clearly a prick. Who let that hot headed ass write an article for Habsworld? :wacko:

heheh ;D

I gotta say, I think in terms of the hockey played all game, that was one of their best all around games this season. I'm happier about that then about the win, because if all four lines, and the D, and the Goalies, play with that kind of energy and effort consistently, then the wins will follow... I like the way Streit's being used with Souray on one PP unit and Rivet with Markov on the other, as it was done last night. I think it spreads out our D's PP strength better than putting Markov and Souray together on the same unit...