Deadline Deals 2007

jetsniper

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=194096&hubname=

Not too shabby either, Flames didn't give up much. Lundmark stinks and a 4th round pick isn't anything either. The best part of this deal?

My Conroy jersey means something again! Yay!

Edit: As we always do with summer UFA signings, we'll go ahead and keep all the non-Habs deadline deals together, so we don't have dozens of trade threads with 2-3 posts each.

Edited by Fanpuck33

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a 08 2nd, 07 4th and Lundmark isn't that bad a price to bring back Conroy. That'll boost the Flames offense but doesn't worry me really. Nonis will counter at some point. B)

Well, if Montreal was interested, LA probably wanted Plex. I saw some intersting stats regarding Take-Aways, and I'm sure Plex is here to stay.

http://forechecker.blogspot.com/2007/01/sh...u-stole-it.html

Anyway, good deal for the Flames who are obviously looking to make some noise on their way to the playoffs.

A 2nd sounds like a bit much for a guy who is obviously on the downside of his career.

It's the fact that he has proven chemistry with Iggy. It's a good trade by Sutter as Calgary is where Conroy belongs. I guess you could relate that to how Anson Carter belongs in Vancouver. ;) I don't care if we get him back or not though.

Am I the only one that thinks that is a steep price for Conroy? He is declining rapidly (3rd liner) and will still cost the Flames 2.5 million next season. He is a good leader which gives him some value but I hope the Flames are not expecting him to be an offensive spark. only 16pts in 52 games and a minus 13.

A second round pick straight up wouldbe too much IMO. Johnson was acquired with a 3rd alone.

It's the fact that he has proven chemistry with Iggy. It's a good trade by Sutter as Calgary is where Conroy belongs. I guess you could relate that to how Anson Carter belongs in Vancouver. ;) I don't care if we get him back or not though.

Exactly, this is a great trade for Calgary. A 2nd for Conroy is a steal, plus some extra baggage is let go too. Plus with Langkow playing really well, theres two good Centers in Calgary now. Things look good.

This really is a fan-related move as well. Fans have been screaming for Conroy all season (me being one of them) and now we've got him. When Iggy comes back, I don't expect either to dissapoint.

Damn, I'm excited.

I like this move it make sense for Calgary. They needed this to give them balance. Iggy was sharing the load with no one! And before last nights game, no one would argue with me. Things can get really interesting in the West. It will be wonderful race to APRIL!

GO FLAMES GO!

Now if our beloved Canadiens can pull of a similar trade to bolster up their center position.

GO HABS GO!

And Conner pots a couple goals as his first game as a Flame is against the Kings.

Welcome back to Calgary, Craig. :D I'm sure his family is happy as hell. I remember when Pronger's wife first said she didn't like Edmonton, the Sun talked to Conroy's wife. She said the entire family missed Calgary and would love to go back.

And Conner pots a couple goals as his first game as a Flame is against the Kings.

Haha yeah. Pretty funny/interesting that he played against his former team in his first game back with the flames. :P

I'm surprised that no one wrote that Gainey screwed up by not getting him.

Good move by Calgary ... more of a contender already.

I guess that double tap we heard was LA conceeding for the year. Maybe that means we can get Kopitar

Yeah, right :wacko:

Makes them a contender right away

Lankgow and Huselius are good enough on their own to make a second line, and conroy and iginla can do really well together as a first line.

Lombardi also makes them dangerous on the third.

They finally have a balanced offense, to go along with a killer defense and scary goalie

Makes them a contender right away

Lankgow and Huselius are good enough on their own to make a second line, and conroy and iginla can do really well together as a first line.

Lombardi also makes them dangerous on the third.

They finally have a balanced offense, to go along with a killer defense and scary goalie

Yeah, no kidding. The difference in the offence from the beginning of the year to what it is now is staggering. They've gone from having more goals then only Chicago and Columbus to having scored the fifth most in the West. I think I read in the paper that over the last 20 games, they've scored the third or fourth most goals.

Between Lombardi, Langkow and Conroy, the Flames are really versatile down the middle. Any of them can fit on the 1st line or any of them can fit on the 3rd line. It also looked like Conroy had great chemistry with Tanguay yesterday. He already has great chemistry with Iginla, now with Tanguay too? The potential there is dangerous.

Yeah, no kidding. The difference in the offence from the beginning of the year to what it is now is staggering. They've gone from having more goals then only Chicago and Columbus to having scored the fifth most in the West. I think I read in the paper that over the last 20 games, they've scored the third or fourth most goals.

Between Lombardi, Langkow and Conroy, the Flames are really versatile down the middle. Any of them can fit on the 1st line or any of them can fit on the 3rd line. It also looked like Conroy had great chemistry with Tanguay yesterday. He already has great chemistry with Iginla, now with Tanguay too? The potential there is dangerous.

So how long have you been a Flames fan in disguise?

;)

So how long have you been a Flames fan in disguise?

;)

I've always been back and forth, I've said it here before. It just depends if they want to put together a hard-working, blue collar team with talent (03-04, 06-07) or put together a bunch of thugs and try to pass it off as the same thing (05-06).

See...cause I hated the Flames last year. And then they, you know, made changes (BYE BYE SIMON AND DONOVAN!) and I was happy.

I've always been back and forth, I've said it here before. It just depends if they want to put together a hard-working, blue collar team with talent (03-04, 06-07) or put together a bunch of thugs and try to pass it off as the same thing (05-06).

See...cause I hated the Flames last year. And then they, you know, made changes (BYE BYE SIMON AND DONOVAN!) and I was happy.

:lol:

No wonder you hate the Nucks so much. They are hated rivals of both teams. ^_^

Calgary didn't trade Begin to Montreal, he was picked up on waivers from Buffalo

Eh, I just looked at his season stats and it went from Calgary to Montreal. Guess Buffalo didn't think much of him. All I remember is that he sucked.

as much as i may dislike the idea, i see ryder being traded... he's just not clicking with this team at all...

GO :hlogo: GO!